Another Visa Question

Topic locked
Another Visa Question Sep 21, 2006
Hi All,

I have tried to search so i apologise in advance if this has already been answered.

How many times can you renew a visit visa. If i come from the UK i will get 90 days on arrival - can i just keep extending each time by leaving the country and coming back in - or is there a limit?

Thanks.

jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Sep 21, 2006
as far as i know there is no limit.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 21, 2006
There is no limit, but eventually questions will be asked. Once you have been questioned and refused entry -thats yer lot Permanently and Adios DXB
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 21, 2006
No limit as far as I know. But I'll sponsor you as a "maid" just give me the cash you are spending to go out of the country and back :wink:
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 21, 2006
Concord wrote:No limit as far as I know. But I'll sponsor you as a "maid" just give me the cash you are spending to go out of the country and back :wink:

Thats an idea - no kinky stuff though.

Is it right that there is a 90 day visa dished out on arrival?

This is from the federal govenment website:

Citizens of the UK (with right of abode in the UK) will be granted a free of charge visit visa on arrival in the UAE: Passports will be stamped with the visit visa as you pass through Immigration at any airport in the UAE. Although the visa may be stamped for 30 days, it entitles the holder to stay in the country for 60 days and may be renewed once for an additional period of 30 days for a fee of Dh500.

So do they mean you will get a 30 day stamp which can be increased to 60 days for Dh500 - or you will get a 30 day stamp which entitles you stay in the country for 60 days and you can increase to 90 days for Dh500??

Is that confusing to anyone else?
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Sep 22, 2006
jabbajabba wrote:
Concord wrote:No limit as far as I know. But I'll sponsor you as a "maid" just give me the cash you are spending to go out of the country and back :wink:

Thats an idea - no kinky stuff though.

Is it right that there is a 90 day visa dished out on arrival?

This is from the federal govenment website:

Citizens of the UK (with right of abode in the UK) will be granted a free of charge visit visa on arrival in the UAE: Passports will be stamped with the visit visa as you pass through Immigration at any airport in the UAE. Although the visa may be stamped for 30 days, it entitles the holder to stay in the country for 60 days and may be renewed once for an additional period of 30 days for a fee of Dh500.

So do they mean you will get a 30 day stamp which can be increased to 60 days for Dh500 - or you will get a 30 day stamp which entitles you stay in the country for 60 days and you can increase to 90 days for Dh500??

Is that confusing to anyone else?

You will get a stamp in your passport when you arrive that allows you to stay in the country for 60 days. You can then extend this stay for a further 30 days without leaving the country by paying Dhs. 500.00.

Then you must leave the country and return for the process to start again. You will be fined Dhs 100.00 per day for overstay.

As previously noted you can come and go as many times as you wish, however it is rumoured that this will be curtailed due to the amount of people working here illegaly.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 23, 2006
[quote="sage & onion"]

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum