Suicide Bombers?

Topic locked
suicide bombers? Mar 08, 2005
well what do you think about the matter right wrong are you for it or not can you explain it at all? why do they do it are there reasons behind it can there reasons be justifed?

discuss now!

FAKESPIKE

Mar 10, 2005
Complete and utter fooooooooooooookin freaks who have religion pumped into their head and see themselves as martyr's, when all they do is bring death and destruction to many others and for what?

Why is religion such a powerful toool to justify death to others. It's always the same no matter what war you fight, behind it all, religion is part of it.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 10, 2005
too many ppl use religion as a convenient means to an end. ppl who follow a religion follow law, rules & the man's interpretation of what is right and wrong.

suicide bombers are deceived beyond belief into thinking their reward for the senseless death of others will be great - their intention, clouded as it is, could be from a place of wanting to do the right thing. doesn't make it right, though.
krush
Dubai Forum User

Mar 10, 2005
you need bombers to liven shit up!
seriously, how crap would al jazeera be if it had no violence?
suicide bombing is fine!!! if you want to make it in life you have to be commited! The NVA faced the worlds strongest war machine, did they shy away? NO! they got down in dirty in those bushes and they kicked some yankee ass! were they outnumbered and outgunned? sure, but they didn't give up like a bunch of nancy boys! they set booby traps, they pumped saigon with weed and opium, they wired dead bodies to grenades, they skinned and torchered american soldiers within ear shot of their platoon! thats HARDCORE!!!!
if using religon makes it that much easier to kill and maim the enemy so be it!!!! VC used suicide bombers in their daring midnite raids to destroy enemy communications!!!
A group of peasent farmers were dedicated enough to repel an enemy that had dumped some 250 million tons of ordinance on them, VC were justified in doing what ever the hell they wanted
Purple Haze my ass!!!

Besides all that, if i had a tank i'd jump in to it and go on a rampage at some orphange! but i don't, so i strap myself with TNT and hop on a bus!!!

Religon makes it that much easier to kill!!!if they didn't have it you think they'd stop killing? HELL NO!! they'd still be kicking ass and chewing bubble gum!!
Glory
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 10, 2005
good point Fatty Melon.....

in that case religion was not the reason .... but you cannot really hide the fact that there are terrorist cells and group that, think or rather brainwash their followers that to achieve the highest reward in heaven is to kill the ENEMY of This "CERTAIN RELIGION" ...... and using your view... people are being killed by their neighbor and guess what ??? Theyhaveadiff. religious belief ...... its easier to convince a person to kill lots of inosent people just buy saying that their neighbor who they are in war with . ARE THE PEOPLE THAT IS THE ENEMY OF THAT CERTAIN RELIGION,....

BUT AGAIN ITS NOT RELIGION WHO DICTATES IT !!!!!!..

BUT THE LEADERS WHO USE RELIGION AS A WEAPON!!!!!

AND PROven !!! MOST OFTHE LARGESTAND BLODIEST WARS WAS RELIGIOSLY TRIGGERED BLOOD BATH

AGAIN ITS NOT RELIGION ...... ITS POLITICS..... ITS BAD POLITICS...
BUT THE MOST EFFECTIVE POLITICS....
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 10, 2005
BrainWashing is bullshit!
you watch way too many movies!
maybe some people just enjoy killing? you ever thought of that?
Glory
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 10, 2005
Glory wrote:BrainWashing is bullshit!
you watch way too many movies!
maybe some people just enjoy killing? you ever thought of that?

oh that too...but if you do lok at your history ....most of the bloodiest wars was triggered by religion....

most countries had been devided by religios political propaganda.

there are cults where the leader suddenly decided that its time to die and he dragged and convince all he's follwers to kill them selves,... i mean this things really happens ...

because the easiest way to make a manfollow is trough his faith....

seee you go to church, mosque or temple (whatever) because ... YOU Believe that GOD would be pleasedif you pray and go tosuch places...

well MOST of theese people where Led to Believe that they are pleassing GOD .....

AGAIN ITS NOT THE RELIGION that isin trial here BUT THE PEOPLE Behind all THESE BRAINWASHING .... FOR WHAT??? FORPOLITICAL GAINS... POWER, LAND, MONEY, OIL, OR JUST PLAIN RACIAL HATRED.....

LEADERS LIKE THEESE SHOULD BE PUNISHED !!!!
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 11, 2005
ill keep it simple.
ppl are dieing. from selfish bombers that dont think of the bigger picture.
they see how they win todays fight. they concern them selfs with winning battles and ignore winning the war. small minded naive ppl. led to believe that what they do gives there life meaning. unfortunate...
FAKESPIKE

Mar 11, 2005
mAJOR pAIN, you are so right.

the use of religion to further violence and death has become a vile thing - a means to justify man's lust for senseless & innocent death. if you want to find a reason for this, just look at man.

this topic cannot be kept simple unless it is kept so by simple-minded ppl.

using religion to justify an argument? this is not an argument and in all reality, religion plays a huge role in this - although what was said is true; it's not so in all cases (but in MOST).
krush
Dubai Forum User

Mar 11, 2005
oh that too...but if you do lok at your history ....most of the bloodiest wars was triggered by religion....

BULLSHIT! world war one and two had nothing to do with religon, nam, cambodia.. those were the bloodiest wars

Get a clue son
Glory
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 11, 2005
Glory wrote:oh that too...but if you do lok at your history ....most of the bloodiest wars was triggered by religion....

BULLSHIT! world war one and two had nothing to do with religon, nam, cambodia.. those were the bloodiest wars

Get a clue son

wth? i thought the topic was suicide bombers and not war? or has this turned into a generalised topic of let's discuss whatever has to do with suicide bombers which includes wars?

world war 2 - the remnants of that is the holocaust...elimation of the jewish ppl....doesn't that have something to do with religion?
krush
Dubai Forum User

Mar 11, 2005
The final solution was not religously motivated in the slightest, if you took history in high school you'd know that
Glory
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 11, 2005
there is a similar discussion going on in the philosophy / religion catagory called. science vs religion. your input would be appreciated.
FAKESPIKE

Mar 12, 2005
Religion = race.

Croats v the serbs
Hutu's v toetsies

1000's upon 1000's are kileed in the name of religion and race. NI = Catholics v Protestants.

What greater example do you want for a religious war!
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 12, 2005
Oh, and if ya wanna go back even further, look at the Great Crusades from earlier times!
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 12, 2005
I accept the crusades as a religous war, because the euros were wrong, and salladin kicked serious ass!
There were political motivations behind all those fucked up wars, religon was just used to get those homo's a shootin' ! it's never genuine! the Church was full of crap the same way Melosovich was
Glory
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 12, 2005
Glory wrote:oh that too...but if you do lok at your history ....most of the bloodiest wars was triggered by religion....

Get a clue son

here are the list ....

1 france 1562 - 1598 The religious wars began with overt hostilities in 1562 and lasted until the Edict of Nantes in 1598. It was warfare that devastated a generation, although conducted in rather desultory, inconclusive way.
"One faith" was viewed as essential to civil order -- how else would society hold together? And without the right faith, pleasing to God who upholds the natural order, there was sure to be disaster.
(where this time span 1562 to 1598 the blood shed on that alone would be more than a match even if you combine the body count of the punywars that you had just mentioned) http://www.lepg.org/wars.htm

Spain The year 1556 saw the accession of perhaps the most important monarch of the sixteenth century: Philip II of Spain (ruled 1556-1598). Of all the monarchs of Europe, Philip was the most zealous defender of his religious faith and his energies in pursuit of this defense greatly changed the face of Europe.

The Thirty Years War, 1618-1648 With the exception of the English civil war, the last major war of religion was the Thirty Years War. It is fair to say, however, that this war was as much about politics as it was about religion. Germany, which was called the Holy Roman Empire and extended from the North Sea to the Mediterranean, was not a unified state, but rather a loose collection of a huge number of autonomous city-states or province-states—three hundred and sixty autonomous states to be exact. Each was a more or less sovereign state that levied taxes and tariffs, had its own armies, made its own money, and even enforced its own borders. Religious differences fueled the fires of the political and economic rivalries between these separate states. About half the states were predominantly Protestant while the other half were predominately Catholic.
http://www.wsu.edu/~dee/REFORM/WARS.HTM

Not to mentioned the Crusades : as follows

V. The crusade against Constantinople (1204);
VI. The thirteenth-century crusades (1217-52);
VII. Final loss of the Christian colonies of the East (1254-91);
VIII. The fourteenth-century crusade and the Ottoman invasion;
IX. The crusade in the fifteenth century;
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/04543c.htm

im sorry to make it so long but ... did you say ... that the wars that you had mentioned was the bloodiest???? ........

get a clue ???? sometimes sounding smart needs the knowledge to back it up...

i rest my case ......
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 12, 2005
WOw you're great at copy paste!
im watching snatch right now, go away!

you might be slightly justified, but they weren't the bloodiest wars.
Glory
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 12, 2005
i mean shit, you just copied some shit you haven't got a clue about
who the hell heard of some bullshit in france in 153whatever!!!!!
Glory
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 12, 2005
reading books and digging on the net wont hurt you ... instead of watching movies, listening to pass on infos and watching documentaries, and claiming that you actually know something ......

and i happened to have done a thesis on religious wars .....
mAJOR pAIN
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 12, 2005
you did not read
you copy pasted
there is a difference
Glory
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 02, 2005
A religious war is utter and complete contradiction. I know most religions talk about love and peace and all that, and then go out and kill for "God" Chances are it was a man not "God" that said go out and kill these people. What God needs is a regular talk show so people can phone in and clear all this mess up
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jun 02, 2005
Personally I think suicide bombers are the lowest of the low.

To take away innocent lives is a waste and what kind of sick reward would you get for that?

It's the fanatical people who brainwash week minded people into doing such things and make them believe it's for the greater good.

You cannot justify killing anyone for any reason, and to do it in such a way is cowardly.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 02, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:Personally I think suicide bombers are the lowest of the low.

To take away innocent lives is a waste and what kind of sick reward would you get for that?

It's the fanatical people who brainwash week minded people into doing such things and make them believe it's for the greater good.

You cannot justify killing anyone for any reason, and to do it in such a way is cowardly.

well many ppl arent brain washed. 20% of Palestinian suicide bombers were highly educated so they are not gullible, they are frustrated of being tortured in the cage. Alright what would u do if a foreign troop slapped ur dad and laugh like an @ss? U know the police won't do $hit if u attack him they will torture u to death instead of living life without dignity suicide bombers think they can take many dogs as they want and give msg to the dogs that they can bark louder than em.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 02, 2005
Well dude, I'm certainly not going to reduce myself to their level and I'm not going to waste my life by killing myself and taking innocent people with me, I consider myself to have a higher opinion than that and a great respect for life. Both my own and that of other people, no matter what they've done.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 02, 2005
Plus I also think the eye for an eye attitude is outdated, as the most intelligent creatures on this planet, do you not think there are other ways to do things?

Two wrongs do not make a right!

All those who take anothers life for whatever reason should rot in hell. Blowing yourself up along with others achieves nothing, it's a waste of precious life. You only get one and to have it taken away in such a barbaric manner is terrible, plus what about those that aren't killed? That are left maimed? Should they in turn do the same thing to get their own back? Would that not be justified?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 02, 2005
Chocoholic, you do not live in the prison known as the occupied territories (rightfully Palestine). The world's largest open air prison where you have a lifetime sentence and no possibility of parole.

Where you mother is called a whore by soldiers right in front of you and your father beaten up and made to cry. Where soldiers wrap the Quran in pig skin. Where your brother is locked up for saying f$%k you to Sharon. Where you do not have the right to visit your 3rd holiest mosque. Where you are denied access to drive the road to work somedays. Where you are denied the chance for medical treatment outside your prison should the need arise.

Shall I go on? You will never know true desperation. So do not even think you can act as judge and jury for the innocent souls that take their lives in desperation because there is no other way to be heard.

Do I support suicide bombings? Not quite. But do I understand my Palestinian brothers reasons? Fully.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 03, 2005
All I have to say is "God Bless America!" :wink: :lol:
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jun 03, 2005
:pukeright: :pukeleft: :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeleft:

Thats what I think of America :lol:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 04, 2005
I don't profess to understand all that these people go through in some territories, please don't think me that naive!

We'll just have to agree to disagree, I just don't agree with it. I have no more to say on the subject.

You're entitled to your opinion.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums