List Of Dubai Activities For Tourists

Topic locked
List of Dubai Activities for tourists Dec 03, 2004
Following is a list of activities for people visitng Dubai for less than 2 weeks.

Bowling
Bungee Jumping
Camel Riding
Camping
Canoeing
Cinemas
Diving
Dune Bashing
Dune Buggy Riding
Eating Out
Fishing
Health Spas
Horse Riding
Karaoke
Jet Skating
Massage
Night Clubs
Paintball
Paragliding
Salsa Dancing
Shooting
Shopping
Skydiving
Squash
Swimming
Table Tennis
Tennis
Wadi Bashing
Water Parks
Water Skiing
Windsurfing
Yoga

Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Dec 04, 2004
I have been in Dubai (which is a great place btw) for 2 or 3 days a couple of month ago and I am coming back in January.

The last time we went to some hotel bar on Jumeira beach. It seemed to be quite a popular place with locals and expats, but isn't there anywhere a real nightlife szene? Are there somewhere some decent bars without life music, where you easily meet people?

Besides that, what is "Dune Bashing"? And you forgot Camel Riding.
oOWOo
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 06, 2004
Thanks, oOWOo! :)
How could I forget Camel Riding. I will include it in the list.
Decent bars... hm... can you describe one? :)
What is real nightlife szene for you?
May be you should try "Longs Bar" or "Scarlet" or "Rock Bottom - this one is usually with life bands" but it's easy to find new friends there since everyone is quite drunk in the end.
Also try "Tangerine" nice dancing music
"Savage Gardens" if you like salsa.

Dune Bashing - I don't know exactly what is called Dune Bashing, I think it's some kind of desert safari but more extreme. Higher dunes, faster speeds. Correct me if I'm wrong pls.
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Dec 06, 2004
to the extent of my knowledge dune bashing is the act of getting into a for wheeler and going on the dunes.up and down up and down.
you think its boring?

try it then u will know they call it dune bashing.
FAKESPIKE

Dec 07, 2004
well dune bashing to be really exact is to have a large group of 4wd's gather u go to the desert pick the highest dune u can find an u all try to have a go at it an see who reaches the top...without sliding back down..an the cars which almost always be able to do it are the nissan patrol which is ofcourse the king of the desert an the jeep wrangler but thats just cause its a light car but its a shitty 4wd...

though i would advice u to take some lessons on how to handle the car on the dunes before u really have a go at it.. cause its really easy to roll the car over..
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

May 20, 2005
i used to do ice skating at hyatt regency deira,but the road after 4 o clock is always traffic,so better to do at morning sessions..its so fun..try only 25 dirhams every sessions,per sessions i think around 4 hour...and its including the rent of the ice skating shoes..
aimee
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 21, 2005
aimee wrote:i used to do ice skating at hyatt regency deira,but the road after 4 o clock is always traffic,so better to do at morning sessions..its so fun..try only 25 dirhams every sessions,per sessions i think around 4 hour...and its including the rent of the ice skating shoes..

I used to go to Abu Dhabi for skating. :D
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 21, 2005
You ice skate Sniper??

Well you are the sportsman, how to you find time to spare, what with your ice skating in the morning and digging into tunnels where the big brown bear lives... :lol:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 31, 2005
You brought up a good point, it's hard to find a bar without loud music where you can actually talk to your mates!

If you're into the clubbing scene then check out Trilogy at the Madinat, also the MIX and whoooohoooo IBI (was the Terminal) is now back in business.

Longs Bar, Rock Bottoms, Jimi Dix are complete expat hangouts. If you want something a big more classy with a nice atmos, check out Sho Chos or Chameleon, also just discovered the Velvet Lounge - Nice!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 05, 2005
I will have to hit those up next time I'm in Dubai. THe club scene here in Abu Dhabi is alright, I suppose. I am sure Dubai has anything here blown away though.
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Sho Chos Jun 25, 2005
So can someone please tell me where Sho Chos actually is? (Spot the newbie...)
KC
Dubai Forums Member

Hiking Oct 12, 2005
hello

anyone into mountaineering?

i am from philippines looking for a mountaineering group here...
cee_bytes
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Football Mar 27, 2006
Hey guys what about football or soccer as some call it?!! :?:
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 13, 2006
Hey guys. :D

Can someone explain me where do we can do those activites and how much does it cost?

- Bungee Jumping
- Diving
- Paintball
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skating (Jet Ski?)

Thanks. :wink:
Ferrarissima
Dubai Forum Guest

Dec 13, 2006
Ferrarissima wrote:Hey guys. :D

Can someone explain me where do we can do those activites and how much does it cost?

- Bungee Jumping

THis is usually available at the Creek during the Dubai Shopping Festival not sure if they will have it this year though.

- Diving

Lots of PLaces to dive check this out www.alboomdiving.com

- Paintball

www.paintballdubai.com contact our member Bleakus he is an expert!

- Water Skiing

All the beach hotels will have that

- Jet Skating (Jet Ski?)

same as above.

Have fun !!!

Thanks. :wink:[/quote]
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 13, 2006
What about sky diving, bungy jumping and parachuting?
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 05, 2007
After reading all of the above, ballroom dancing sounds pretty tame! How about a middleaged couple like us who will be visiting for a week, and want to indulge in their hobby of ballroom dancing - is there anything for us?

:)
dancing_feet
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 05, 2009
if you have a brief layover or just half a day or so...nothing is a better activity than the dubai big bus tour. there are 2 types and both are very good. they are the hop in hop off types and a great opportunity for an introduction to the great city. you will be able to narrowlist the places you want to see in detail while on the tour. i always recommend this for newcomers. you can then take it from there as you will already be familiar with the areas in dubai ....and what is where...
DubaiInformationSite
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 19, 2009
Can i ask where can we can do sky diving activities? Are there many people who love to sky dive? I love to sky dive and i'm looking for a group and place that held sky diving activities.
dodot
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 24, 2009
i went for dune bashing, and it rained that friday, the whole experience was a disaster, would plan to go again, hopefully will enjoy
aishamalik
Dubai Forum User

May 14, 2009
Hey guys ,Can u sugget me some arabic food varities to taste ?
will it b spicy? i need to try them out....
jjm
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 31, 2009
In my view, Camel Riding is most interesting .
intpages
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jul 26, 2009
What about fishing? Anybody like to go boating?
2.3 Evo 8
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 01, 2009
There are companies that will organising fishing or sailing trips in Dubai. Or contact one of the yacht clubs.

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/sailing-in-dubai.php
http://www.dubaifaqs.com/things-to-do-in-dubai.php
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: List of Dubai Activities for tourists Sep 30, 2011
We offer Internatinal style latin Ballroom and standard Ballroom such as Cha Cha Cha, Samba, Rumba, Paso Doble and Jive and Waltz, Tango, Viennese Waltz, Foxtrot in DUbai U.A.E. At Dubai Media city and Arabian Ranches - Dubai Studio City.

http://www.ballroom-dancing-dubai.com
shorn77777
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: List Of Dubai Activities For Tourists May 13, 2013
No doubt Dubai is a great place for all these activities. Personally I would like to do skating , shopping and visit some great places.
amal231
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: List Of Dubai Activities For Tourists May 18, 2013
To get socialize, meetup gatherings are best events
SanaRabbani
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: List Of Dubai Activities For Tourists May 23, 2013
I love ice skating but Dubai is a hot city, there is no snow falling. how i enjoy my this hobby in duabi ?? Is there some aritificial area in dubai for ice skaeting ??
adamcalvert
Dubai Forum User

Re: List Of Dubai Activities For Tourists Jun 02, 2013
foucusing in these kinds of activities and make a conclussion that "Dubai is best place for this summer" ?

Is it right choice ? is it some one who think like me ? Going to spend summer in Dubai.
adamcalvert
Dubai Forum User

Re: List Of Dubai Activities For Tourists Jun 04, 2013
Depend on the people. There are a class of people are finding big happiness in a very small small activities.
Judij
BANNED

posting in Dubai Guide and photosForum Rules

Return to Dubai Guide and photos