Why Are Some Locals Psychos???

Topic locked
Why are some locals psychos??? Aug 25, 2006
So why are some locals here bloody psychos???

Was happily on the way to Madinat for a beer with a mate today early afternoon.

Was on a two lane road with my mate in his car. There was a blacked out new lexus in front of us. He was going like 40-50 km/hr max. My mate waited a bit, then gave him a flash to move over. Nothing.

Then my mate honked and gave another flash. This psycho local then slams on the brakes. We had to slam pretty hard to avoid hitting him too. Then I told me mate forget it. So we picked upa little speed and the jerk slammed again. So we had to as well.

I told mate just go on the other lane and overtake him and leave him be. So we tried, but this mentally retarded guy swerves left and right infront of us not letting us pass. So then we take a side lane and merged up again upfront somewhere...

So what the hell is wrong with these people man. Its their country, but does that give you the right to be a fukin retard?? Well, anyways, I took his plate down and we proceeded to the police station to lodge a complaint. They called they guy down to the station and he came in 1/2 hour. Then ofcourse, they chatted a bit in arabic, the cop offered him a glass of tea!!!

Ok, so then this guy says in village english, whats your fukin problem blah blah blah. My friend says you acted like a crazy person, and wanted an apology otherwise he would press charges with me as the witness. Then the guy says do you know who I am blah blah. At that point my local friend (CID and influential) showed up (I called him earlier) and starting talking to the guy in Arabic, basically saying whats your problem, do YOU know who I am, and some other stuff (possibly threatening him). Then the local pyscho murmurs something that sounds like a sorry and I say ok lets leave. The CID guy and they local guy exchanged some heated words, and the CID guy tells him to watch it and get lost. And then we leave. CID guy just told me after next time just leave things alone. He says I know its bloody hard but best to leave it. he said some of these people are really vengeful and messed up in the head (first time i hear a local speaking that way of another) and will try and come after you and your wife, family etc if you complain against them.

So our day was ruined for a good few hours. My mate is still so peeved over the whole thing. He just wanted to bash that locals head into the ground. I did too to be honest.

One of the cons of living here I guess. Lot of bad karma will eventually take some of these animals out I'm hoping.

Sorry for the long rant.

END

:evil:

jag
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 25, 2006
They are all spoiled brats! more!
bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 25, 2006
bsorc wrote:They are all spoiled brats! more!

Seriously! I think they need some President Bush treatment to set them straight!
[/i]
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 25, 2006
I was there a couple of weeks ago for a week and saw loads of road rage! Its a totally different way of driving from the UK. It'll take alot of getting used to.
Kel
Dubai Forum Guest

Aug 25, 2006
Whats new??

in the UK and US the serious road ragers just get out the car and stab you or smash your face to a pulp.

A few words in a police station seems quite civilised

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 25, 2006
True Arnie......best thing to do is to just accept that there are idiots on the road, relax and give allow yourselves an extra 5 minutes per journey. It's not worth getting stressed over these feckers!!

Saying that, I'm terrible at chilling mysefl but it's something that I'm really trying to work on otherwise I'll end up getting myself into some serious trouble!!! :wink:
G
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 25, 2006
arniegang wrote:Whats new??

in the UK and US the serious road ragers just get out the car and stab you or smash your face to a pulp.

A few words in a police station seems quite civilised

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah it is civilized. If it actually ends there and the local mofo doesnt hound you after!
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 25, 2006
never be intimidated or fear Jag, they rely on this as a tool - the reality is just bollox really.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Why are some locals psychos??? Aug 25, 2006
jag wrote:So why are some locals here bloody psychos???

this question is relevant to any country Jag !... i think the way the cops got the guy to show up at the station so quickly was very commendable
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

KeithL wrote:

this question is relevant to any country Jag !... i think the way the cops got the guy to show up at the station so quickly was very commendable

True, but huging/kissing and offering him tea wasnt!! :?
jag
Dubai forums Addict

jag wrote:
KeithL wrote:

Homophobe ! :shock:
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Was happily on the way to Madinat for a beer with a mate today early afternoon.

Was on a two lane road with my mate in his car. There was a blacked out new lexus in front of us. He was going like 40-50 km/hr max. My mate waited a bit, then gave him a flash to move over. Nothing.

Then my mate honked and gave another flash. This psycho local then slams on the brakes. We had to slam pretty hard to avoid hitting him too. Then I told me mate forget it. So we picked upa little speed and the jerk slammed again. So we had to as well.

I told mate just go on the other lane and overtake him and leave him be. So we tried, but this mentally retarded guy swerves left and right infront of us not letting us pass. So then we take a side lane and merged up again upfront somewhere...

So what the hell is wrong with these people man. Its their country, but does that give you the right to be a fukin retard?? Well, anyways, I took his plate down and we proceeded to the police station to lodge a complaint. They called they guy down to the station and he came in 1/2 hour. Then ofcourse, they chatted a bit in arabic, the cop offered him a glass of tea!!!

Ok, so then this guy says in village english, whats your fukin problem blah blah blah. My friend says you acted like a crazy person, and wanted an apology otherwise he would press charges with me as the witness. Then the guy says do you know who I am blah blah. At that point my local friend (CID and influential) showed up (I called him earlier) and starting talking to the guy in Arabic, basically saying whats your problem, do YOU know who I am, and some other stuff (possibly threatening him). Then the local pyscho murmurs something that sounds like a sorry and I say ok lets leave. The CID guy and they local guy exchanged some heated words, and the CID guy tells him to watch it and get lost. And then we leave. CID guy just told me after next time just leave things alone. He says I know its bloody hard but best to leave it. he said some of these people are really vengeful and messed up in the head (first time i hear a local speaking that way of another) and will try and come after you and your wife, family etc if you complain against them.

So our day was ruined for a good few hours. My mate is still so peeved over the whole thing. He just wanted to bash that locals head into the ground. I did too to be honest.

One of the cons of living here I guess. Lot of bad karma will eventually take some of these animals out I'm hoping.

Sorry for the long rant.

END

:evil:

Interesting story man, I'm not surprised at all that this happened. You were fortunate that you knew a local guy with the CID, otherwise this Lexus dude would have lodged a police case against you as well, ridiculous as it may sound. Having said that, the UAE is not the only place where idiots ply on the road. I have driven in the US for quite a few years and there are some serious characters hanging out on the roads over there too.
sgt_noodles
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 25, 2006
Hey Jag,

It's a nightmare man, but you were lucky you had a local CID man.

Stay cool man.

Hey Arnie,

You see my point now :?:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 25, 2006
sorry for the noob question but what is a CID man????
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 25, 2006
cheap_Deal wrote:sorry for the noob question but what is a CID man????

Criminal Investigation Division
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

KeithL wrote:
jag wrote:
KeithL wrote:

Homophobe ! :shock:

Dude, didnt mean it that way.. I was ticked at the fact that the cops greet and offer tea to the locals while they look at you like criminals :roll:
jag
Dubai forums Addict

jag wrote:Dude, didnt mean it that way.. I was ticked at the fact that the cops greet and offer tea to the locals while they look at you like criminals :roll:

I know :wink: ...i was taking the piss too
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Why are some locals psychos??? Aug 26, 2006
KeithL wrote:
jag wrote:Dude, didnt mean it that way.. I was ticked at the fact that the cops greet and offer tea to the locals while they look at you like criminals :roll:

I know :wink: ...i was taking the piss too

Hehe, thought so.. feeling better now.. I tell you man, these guys AHHHHHH so annoying and they are pretty much primates!!
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 26, 2006
not all of us are :'(

I have the same problem with some locals as well at first though because when I speak in arabic i usually speak in the lebanese/palestinian dialect since i grew up speaking that. well a couple days ago this guy decides to hit my car so he can give me his number. i was soooo angry. and i started yelling at him using profanity and what not, he just looks at me and tells me that i, the cheap lebanese hooker has no say in HIS country and that i better mind my business and when the cops come to tell them it was my fault. well, i shut my mouth and was like ok , calm down. I waited until the cops came gave them my liscense and registration and began speaking with one of them in the local accent telling him what happened and how that shit head was being arrogant with me and what not and how he was trying to pull the you dont know who i am. the cop laughed and was like ok well handle. the cop called the other driver over and asked him who he was. turns out he was a friend of one of the sheikhs in dubai. the cop just looked at him and said ok. well this cheap lebanese girl that your talking so bad too is actually a local and is from one of the most respected families in Dubai; after saying that he looked at me and was like do you want to press charges.....ha! the other guy almost fainted. i just ended up taking the paper to fix my car and left for my house.

but, not all locals are primates....sorry for such a long story btw, i just felt like sharing :oops:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 26, 2006
bushra21 wrote:not all of us are :'(

I have the same problem with some locals as well at first though because when I speak in arabic i usually speak in the lebanese/palestinian dialect since i grew up speaking that. well a couple days ago this guy decides to hit my car so he can give me his number. i was soooo angry. and i started yelling at him using profanity and what not, he just looks at me and tells me that i, the cheap lebanese hooker has no say in HIS country and that i better mind my business and when the cops come to tell them it was my fault. well, i shut my mouth and was like ok , calm down. I waited until the cops came gave them my liscense and registration and began speaking with one of them in the local accent telling him what happened and how that shit head was being arrogant with me and what not and how he was trying to pull the you dont know who i am. the cop laughed and was like ok well handle. the cop called the other driver over and asked him who he was. turns out he was a friend of one of the sheikhs in dubai. the cop just looked at him and said ok. well this cheap lebanese girl that your talking so bad too is actually a local and is from one of the most respected families in Dubai; after saying that he looked at me and was like do you want to press charges.....ha! the other guy almost fainted. i just ended up taking the paper to fix my car and left for my house.

but, not all locals are primates....sorry for such a long story btw, i just felt like sharing :oops:

Hey thanks for sharing! No, I didnt mean all of them are, just a few bad apples.. but are they bad!!! Sorry to hear about your ordeal! Glad everythings ok though :)
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 26, 2006
Scary veg man. Some people are just nutters, what to say, they'll never learn unless they come up against another nutter who gives them a taste of their own medicine.

As I've said so many times before, a bit of anarchy would frighten these people into behaving.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 26, 2006
cheap_Deal wrote:sorry for the noob question but what is a CID man????

Be glad you haven't come across any.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 26, 2006
I would slam my break too if some idots driving behind me and flashing me with it's lights when the traffic is busy, and I am on the fast lane doing the road limits (or a bit above) and some idots driving like the fomula one, flashing the lights and beeping me. I beliieve the fast lane is not for some stupid people driving 180km per hours and create accidents.
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 26, 2006
FeiPo wrote:I would slam my break too if some idots driving behind me and flashing me with it's lights when the traffic is busy, and I am on the fast lane doing the road limits (or a bit above) and some idots driving like the fomula one, flashing the lights and beeping me. I beliieve the fast lane is not for some stupid people driving 180km per hours and create accidents.

The left lane is a passing lane for your info, not a lane to cruise in. Nor is it a lane to do 180 km/hr in or drive recklessly in.

Secondly, this guys was going at 40 km/hr on a 80 km/hr road, do you not read the posts?? Idiots like that braking and then driving like a maniac cuz they are going pathetically slow, talking on the phone, or jacking off.. and getting pissed when someone wants to pass them... well....
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 26, 2006
jag wrote:
FeiPo wrote:I would slam my break too if some idots driving behind me and flashing me with it's lights when the traffic is busy, and I am on the fast lane doing the road limits (or a bit above) and some idots driving like the fomula one, flashing the lights and beeping me. I beliieve the fast lane is not for some stupid people driving 180km per hours and create accidents.

The left lane is a passing lane for your info, not a lane to cruise in. Nor is it a lane to do 180 km/hr in or drive recklessly in.

Secondly, this guys was going at 40 km/hr on a 80 km/hr road, do you not read the posts?? Idiots like that braking and then driving like a maniac cuz they are going pathetically slow, talking on the phone, or jacking off.. and getting pissed when someone wants to pass them... well....

I think your friend honking set that psycho off. I never honk, but I do pass from the right a lot of the time, as long as it is safe. Some people never budge from the fast lane even when they are driving too slowly.

But I never budge if I am doing 130, with traffic ahead, and the moron behind still insists on tailgating. One of these days, I will slam the brakes.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 26, 2006
gtmash wrote: I will slam the brakes.

Nooooooooooooooooo

Dont damage your beautiful 190 :shock:
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 26, 2006
KeithL wrote:
gtmash wrote: I will slam the brakes.

Nooooooooooooooooo

Dont damage your beautiful 190 :shock:

Their is really no point in slamming the brakes, doing that at 130k, at the wrong time when the idiot behind is distracted and then waht, you can end up dead, for what?, control the road rage and get out of the idiots way, they just are not worth it.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 26, 2006
It's not worth it, if they're being dicks, just whip out your digital camera, put it on video record moe and record them being morons and take it to the police station. They can't argue with video footage can they!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 27, 2006
jag,

I think you and your friend did the right thing in reporting the psycho. These kind of people need to learn that if they act stupid they might at the very least face being called up to the police station.

I still think that the reason why there are so many selfish and dangerous drivers on Dubai roads is because the traffic laws are lax and people know that they can get away with driving recklessly. Most traffic fines are no biggy either. I also think that there aren't enough police cruisers patrolling the roads. Sheikh Zayed Rd should be inundated with a visible and deterrent police cruiser presence at all times, but unfortunately that's not the case.
freza
Dubai chat master

Aug 27, 2006
Yes, they did the right thing and that the guy might think twice about doing it again if he's incovenienced. However, what the CID guys said is also right, some of these guys can be really evil and if they decide to take revenge on you, it's not worth it.

A local guy threatened to shoot the family of a friend, who wouldn't accept a cheque for a car sale as they'd agreed cash. After a crappy call from the guys brother, saying he was being disrespectful etc etc and talking to the police he reluctantly accepted the cheque, and what happened? It bounced leaving them out of pocket.

What some of these guys get away with is amazing.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat