Islam In UAE - Brits/USA - Ur Views

Topic locked
Islam in UAE - Brits/USA - ur views Jun 08, 2006
Hi all,

So what do you think of Islam here in Dubai & Abu Dhabi?

Coming from England i reckon its more "present" here but there's more loyalty across the board in the UK .... just my observations.

Oh .... and the whole thing about it just being something by name - i've definitely seen that here! I do like Ramadan though ... respect to the government for helping to create the atmosphere!

Then again i would say this country is a near-perfect bridge (compared to the other Muslim populated countries) between the east & west.

Abaas
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 08, 2006
Muslims in the west are more aware of their religion than Muslims in Islamic countries.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Islam in UAE - Brits/USA - ur views Jun 09, 2006
Abaas wrote:
Coming from England i reckon its more "present" here but there's more loyalty across the board in the UK .... just my observations.

More Loyality? What are you talking about?
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 09, 2006
Maybe loyalty wasnt the right word .... I intended to mean passion. Muslims in the west (not generalising) tend to have a stronger passion for their religion than those in Muslim lands.

Maybe it could be a case of the old Arab proverb "Familiarity is blessings disease."
Abaas
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 26, 2006
Liban wrote:Muslims in the west are more aware of their religion than Muslims in Islamic countries.

i dont agree with u .
becuz not all the Muslims r aware of islam in west there r bad muslims in the west like we have here or in Islamic countries .
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 11, 2006
[quote="naruto"][quote="Liban"]Muslims in the west are more aware of their religion than Muslims in Islamic countries.[/quote]

i dont agree with u .
becuz not all the Muslims r aware of islam in west there r bad muslims in the west like we have here or in Islamic countries .[/quote]
i agree with u naruto and i also think that it doesn't mean to have link between east and west to forget islam, because the best thing to make all come together is islam itself.
we r just only don't transfer the correct view of the muslims to others which is the main point currently.
egyptianindubai
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 13, 2006
Liban wrote:Muslims in the west are more aware of their religion than Muslims in Islamic countries.

was surprised to see muslims in Dubai , here girls usually wear long shirts to hide their hips and in Dubai i saw girls having low cut blouse and half top :) .
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Aug 12, 2009
Muslims in the west are more aware of their religion than Muslims in Islamic countries. i agree to this point
faheemkamram
Dubai Forum User

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums