Buying A New Phone...but Which One?

Topic locked
buying a new phone...but which one? Jun 25, 2006
alrighty people....i've decided to sell my w900i (any buyers? :P )

now i need to buy a new phone and i dunno which one should i go for .. :?

i have my eyes on this...but this is gonna be too f*cking expensive...i'll need to sell both my arms and legs and still i won't be able to buy it...

http://xda.o2.co.uk/looksXdaExec.aspx

http://www.my-xda.com/xdaexec.html

need ideas... :?: :?: a friends friend working in axiom told me that the new sony ericsson k790i is releasing next week hoepfully....

ps: i didn't know which thread to put this in...so thats why this is here...

devilsmind
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 25, 2006
the one u picked is a great one, but its all up to u, ur budget and preference.
arso304
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 25, 2006
u picked nice phone but if u r lookign for something similar and ceaper go for i-mate kjam
xibit
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 25, 2006
I like the phone as well, I would have bought one myself except the size is just too big. For this reason only I prefer the k-jam (there is an o2 equiv as well). It is a sweet phone though good luck with whatever you decide.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Jun 25, 2006
I currently have the P910i...

I too am looking to change my phone. I first thought of getting the Nokia N80 but I just didn't like the phone's looks. After reading some reviews I started looking into the N93 but that phone is just too damn big. It's like a frickin brick.

So it's going to be either the P990 or the K800i unless another phone catches my attention...
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 25, 2006
i am thinking of getting the n91 , the silver model is just sexy, but again , its huge, donno why the n series are so damn big.
arso304
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 25, 2006
arso304 wrote:i am thinking of getting the n91 , the silver model is just fun, but again , its huge, donno why the n series are so damn big.

yeah it's a problem... And wearing a holder on my belt is not a solution to me because I just don't like the idea... :P
Nick81

Jun 25, 2006
Nick81 wrote:
arso304 wrote:i am thinking of getting the n91 , the silver model is just fun, but again , its huge, donno why the n series are so damn big.

yeah it's a problem... And wearing a holder on my belt is not a solution to me because I just don't like the idea... :P

ya too nerdy :P, i am using a 6260 , ilove its size and looks, but its getting old, had it a year now or so.
arso304
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 25, 2006
heh, the P990 looks sweet and I am just used to this phone since I've owned both the P900 and P910. But there's something about the K800i that makes me want to check it out. I think I'll just go to some shop and compare both phones before making a decision.
Nick81

Jun 25, 2006
actually for a really good flip style smart phone, it is a bit old now but i've always liked the MPX300, I use to have a MPX200 and it was great in its day, just had a problem with freezing which seems to happen a fair bit on Windows phones, especially the older ones.

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=479
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Jun 25, 2006
fayz wrote:problem with freezing which seems to happen a fair bit on Windows phones, especially the older ones.

Not just the older ones bud :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 25, 2006
I just re-read your post. Ignore my previous post Fayz :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 25, 2006
All good :)
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Jun 25, 2006
If its for you, any of the new Nokia's or Sony's are pretty good. Im upset with my 6230 because it hangs quite often...

If you plan on buying one for your wife/Gf...get the Motorola V3 Razr in PINK...she'll love it :wink:
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 25, 2006
^^ yeah i'm getting it for myself...my chic wants the new samsung 530 something which is also pink in color...

my previous phone was the p910i...i got a good deal on it so i sold it...then i bought the w900i...this is a very good phone...got 500mb internal memory and memory card compatibility upto 2gb...the only reason why i wanna change it coz it freezes...and when the phone has its moodswings nothing will work...the phone will keep switching off...it'll refuse to connect my bluetooth headset...or for me the phone will be switched on but when someone calls me they get the switched off thing...

the p990i was supposed to release in march thats what the sony ericsson website said...but they decided to postpone the release and tweak a few things innit and make it more hifi than anyother phones...they haven't said when the launch is gonna be...

Nick81 wrote:So it's going to be either the P990 or the K800i unless another phone catches my attention...

the only difference between the k790 and the k800 is that the k800 is a 3g phone...otherwise everything is pretty much the same...same looks...same specs...3.2mp cam...everything...

i agree...the n-series...except the n70...all of them are f*cking huge...thats why me not going for a n-series....
devilsmind
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai high tech talkForum Rules

Return to Dubai high tech talk