No votes
Maybe in Very Isolated Cases
27%
No, its not true
18%

Total votes : 11

Jun 06, 2006
MS

With the greatest respect this has nothing to do with you so keep your nose out please. Liban and i moderate these forums, he and i are in total agreement of how we moderate. It is no one else's business, until either of us receive complaints.

Stupidity and arrogance is tollerated on here, personal, rude and offensive comments are not.

End of..........

arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 06, 2006
Arniegang,

Thanks for the lesson. Here's a lesson for you.

"Your" arrogance is the reason for all this. To mention a few examples:

1) When the Haditha massacre is mentioned, the only thing Chocoholic gets to say is "the poll and the opinion are biased". Remember that these killings piss us off to the most extent. So, show some respect by condemning them the same way we condemn 9/11

2) When somebody shows his dissatisfaction with occupation of palastenian territorries, you say something like: "it's a shame you don't feel the same way about saddam occupying a neighboring arab country". You are like asking somebody who suffers from cancer to feel as unhappy about the cold he had and that healed already 10 yers ago.

3) Chocoholic can't stand any argument against western policy. Right away, she points her finger at somebody else's shortcomings.

I'll give you another example. In my posts I mentioned several times that "I admire the democracy in the west", "there is a lot we should learn from the west", "we lack the ability to lobby and proerly solve our problems".

In other words, I clearly mention what I like about western culture, and what I dislike about ourselves. I dare you to mention in your next post what you like about the Islamic culture, and what you dislike about yourselves.

In short, be balanced and show some respect to those who are offended to the most extent by American and British policy. This is what pours oil on the fire, and causes anger, and is not going to lead us anywhere.
MS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 06, 2006
i am not taking sides here, but i think MS presents his views in a very civilized and eloquent manner. Big up !
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2006
Thanks MaaaD. Same here. I was also impressed with your note on the comparison between Canadian and American governments with regards to fighting terrorism.
MS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 06, 2006
I say it again. I double dare arniegang to clearly mention in his next post what he likes about the middle-eastern/Islamic culture, and what he dislikes about western culture/policy.

Show that you have some respect!!!
MS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 06, 2006
first thought it came to my mind when i read the question and the answers, was that this would be immeditaly objected in a courthouse, and for a reason. ppl have this bad habbit of acting upon the first impulse.
we all know that the usa likes to pose and in many ways actually is a leading power. and uses this position with many other countries, to nose into situations where they do not belong. so by no means i would side with them. or any other organisation that causes death.

BUT, when u ask a question like this- do they kill civilians for pleasure- u have to think through what ur really asking, and what ur question implies. because the army is made of ppl, who obey orders. now, so that u would have a reliable answer to this question, u should remember not to take an army as if they were a single person. u would have to talk with all of them one by one and make a conclusion. but by the time u would arrive there, u would have to realise that u cannot get a reliable answer, because the question is wrong.
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 06, 2006
MS wrote:I say it again. I double dare arniegang to clearly mention in his next post what he likes about the middle-eastern/Islamic culture, and what he dislikes about western culture/policy.

Show that you have some respect!!!

:) :) :) well said :) :)
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jun 06, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Yeah I know Liban. But at least you're willing to listen to what I have to say and don't judge me for it and you have a much more open mind as well.

It's a difficult situation, the US and UK need to get out of there. But interestingly I see Acebravo and MS haven't bothered to comment on Middle Eastern countries helping out, policing and getting involved, what's yuor take matey? Interested to hear it Liban.

I think that it is sad that Arab governments are not doing enough to help their brothers in Iraq. I mean OK, lets say you have a problem with the American action in Iraq, fine, but we have facts on the ground now and if these governments were truely representative of the people they would help.

I would rather that Arab armies took control of the situation in Iraq to police and monitor than the Americans or British armies. Iraq is an Arab land and the best solution should probably come from Arab countries...

Thats my take Choco :D
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2006
Liban wrote:
I would rather that Arab armies took control of the situation in Iraq to police and monitor than the Americans or British armies. Iraq is an Arab land and the best solution should probably come from Arab countries...

You surely are the next Jamal Abdel Nasser
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2006
MaaaD wrote:
You surely are the next Jamal Abdel Nasser

I would be honored to be seen as the next Nasser, but sadly I am not worthy of that title.

Thanks though :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2006
Jamal (or like the Cairo people call him, Gamal) Abdellnasser had great intentions. He is definitely one of a kind. However, I don't think he's the one we need. If this is possible, I would make a motion for Omar Ibn Al-Khattab.
MS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 06, 2006
MS wrote:Jamal (or like the Cairo people call him, Gamal) Abdellnasser had great intentions. He is definitely one of a kind. However, I don't think he's the one we need. If this is possible, I would make a motion for Omar Ibn Al-Khattab.

Even better.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2006
Liban wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Yeah I know Liban. But at least you're willing to listen to what I have to say and don't judge me for it and you have a much more open mind as well.

It's a difficult situation, the US and UK need to get out of there. But interestingly I see Acebravo and MS haven't bothered to comment on Middle Eastern countries helping out, policing and getting involved, what's yuor take matey? Interested to hear it Liban.

I think that it is sad that Arab governments are not doing enough to help their brothers in Iraq. I mean OK, lets say you have a problem with the American action in Iraq, fine, but we have facts on the ground now and if these governments were truely representative of the people they would help.

Thats my take Choco :D

A better and mroe neutral solution would be if a muslim peace keepers from Indonesia, Malaysia, Senegal, India and Pakistan took over the peace keeping in Iraq.
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 07, 2006
Lionheart wrote:

A better and mroe neutral solution would be if a muslim peace keepers from Indonesia, Malaysia, Senegal, India and Pakistan took over the peace keeping in Iraq.

Pakistani army is enough , you dont need the other jack countries :) !! we are already making fool to US and getting lot of money on the name of osama :) !!
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jun 07, 2006
Where is arnie?
MS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 07, 2006
MS wrote:Where is arnie?

its quite late in Dubai and he must be dreaming and running is boat in large lake :) , so u better go and sleep ......

taa taa
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jun 07, 2006
HP wrote:

its quite late in Dubai and he must be dreaming and running is boat in large lake :) , so u better go and sleep ......

taa taa

so why are you guys up? :D

anyways, for me it's not 6 pm yet :D :D
MS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 07, 2006
MS wrote:
HP wrote:

taa taa

so why are you guys up? :D

anyways, for me it's not 6 pm yet :D :D

I live in Islamic repulic of Denmark and the time is 23.44 PM :) . Its quite early to sleep if u are alone :cry:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jun 07, 2006
HP wrote:I live in Islamic repulic of Denmark and the time is 23.44 PM :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HP wrote:Its quite early to sleep if u are alone :cry:

I do hope that, soon, you will not be alone anymore :)
MS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 07, 2006
I think Radiah can come and tell me the story at bed , it can help me in getting better sleep :) !!

Just take the chill pill and dont make the debate as the matter of life or death. Just enjoy and go.

Arnie and Choco both are nice but they were born and brought up in different cultures and they see the things differently. Might be we think that situation is so simple to understand for entire world but the people who born in different cultures they see everything differently.

I am sunni muslim and i find lot of things very odd in Shia faith but if i ask from shia they will be telling me a different story .
Just see indian , they have monopolized the entire software industry but they still worship monkey.

Who was the first person on this earth? Adam (PBUM). Basically we all are cousins and relatives . We shuld create harmony , peace and affection instead of fire speeching .
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jun 07, 2006
HP wrote:Just see indian , they have monopolized the entire software industry but they still worship monkey.

I'm not saying that I agree with this statement, but .....WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 07, 2006
HP wrote:Who was the first person on this earth? Adam (PBUM). Basically we all are cousins and relatives . We shuld create harmony , peace and affection instead of fire speeching .

Those who think that man evolved from monkeys might disagree with that :)

The argument, however, would still hold: all monkeys must all have an original father monkey. So, we're still cousins :lol: :lol:
MS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 07, 2006
Thanks Liban and Lionheart (shocks falls over faint), but I think you're right. Having Peacekeepers from other Muslim countries would command alot more respect and certainly ease the situtation. But still I don't understand why these countries are unwilling to get involved, it's very sad.

MS, with all due respect I appreciate what you're saying but even when I do agree with you, and I have on previous occassions, you still disregard my comments and always highlight the things you don't like to hear. For one why the heck do you think I'm living in Dubai and left the UK with zero intention to go back? Because it's awful and I can't stand the place!!! I loved growing up in Saudi, the place was very good to my family and I have fond memories of it, so please don't try to use the excuse I was brought up thinking differently - far from it!

Also Liban and I have an understanding, when we get stuck into each other 99% of the time we're just taking the p*** it's hardly serious. Plus I'm really impressed with Liban's attitude these days, he's certainly a changed man - maybe you and Acebravo should learn from him and instead of also fanning the flames, view things objectively.

No-one is questioning your anger over the situation and certainly no-one is dumbing down the situation as it was horrific and certainly you can't disagree that we don't all agree on that!

I have never at any point ever supported the invasion of Iraq and was utterly appalled at Blair becoming Bush's lapdog. Our troops are put in danger for no reason than pathetic policy, they shouldn't be there, they have no right to be there and I guarantee you all my American friends think exactly the same thing. The whole thing is a disaster. I don't think Saddam's regime was better, but the excuses used to go in were fabricated. But the rest of the ME needs to stand up and show it's disagreement, but of course they won't as American policy and keeping the yanks happy means more to them, so why aren't you guys angry at that? You never mention these things, which is a shame as I'd like to hear your opinion on it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 07, 2006
Not all Western countries play along nicely with the US .... we may be a small nation here in NZ but we are nuclear free and do not allow any nuclear powered ships into our waters .... this has been a major sticking point for a free trade deal with the US for years yet we stand up to their face and keep saying no.
ajb
Dubai chat master

Jun 07, 2006
Wow! What a great example. More countries should be doing this.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 07, 2006
HP wrote:
Pakistani army is enough , you dont need the other jack countries :) !! we are already making fool to US and getting lot of money on the name of osama :) !!

Currently the Pakistani Army is led by Musharref who is a tool of the US, so no, not them.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2006
Choco, do you speak Arabic?
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2006
Mafi arabi habibi.

I was taking lessons at one point, but I found it really hard going, I'm not very good with languages sadly, I think it's one of those things that you either have a head for or not. Plus finding the time to study is a bit hard the moment, I'd like to try and pick it up again.

I have enough pressure to try and learn some Greek right now. That's a bloody hard language.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 07, 2006
as long as you know habibi you are all set ..
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2006
I like Greek... They say things like:

Ella rey papara pousti malaka.... :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums