Gardens!!!

Topic locked
Gardens!!! May 01, 2006
Hey guys,

Another question... :)

Where can I go to get a good price for garden vegetation like grass, flowers, etc... Also need perhapes soil for the stuff since the yard is now pebbles and sand... :P

Thanks again fellas!!! :D

Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 01, 2006
Garden center is probably easiest and most convenient one for you Liban. I like the selection there and the prices are reasonable.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 01, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:Garden center is probably easiest and most convenient one for you Liban. I like the selection there and the prices are reasonable.

Where is it?
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 01, 2006
near interchange 4 on shk zayed road, close to the volvo show room
dbxsoul
Honored Member

May 01, 2006
Aaahh... Yes, I've seen it... It is on the Emirates Mall side of SZR isn't it?

I always thought it would be pricey... Oh well, I'll check it out.

I hope the people there are knowledgeable because I have yet to go somewhere in this city to shop for something and have a sales guy that knows what he/she is blabbering about!!! :shock:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 01, 2006
Don't know about prices etc - but there were a number of nurseries at the Friday Market on the way to Fujairah - a good selection of plants there.
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

May 01, 2006
shafique wrote:Don't know about prices etc - but there were a number of nurseries at the Friday Market on the way to Fujairah - a good selection of plants there.

Yeah I was thinking of that place. Wonder if the prices would be better than Garden Centre because you would need to negotiate with the sellers I am getting really tired of haggling over everything including individual bannanas when I am there :shock:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 01, 2006
I think that Garden Centre is the most expensive. It depends what you buy though. I'm sure we could have got a better deal on our big potted plants. The grass seeds we bought from Carrefour and did ourselves, the small vinca were cheap, only 1.50 AED per piece from Garden Centre. The few other plants our oringinal gardener bought and we don't know where he bought those.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 01, 2006
Liban, check out the nurseries by GArhoud bridge there's loads of them all together in a sort of garden alley, loads of plants and pretty cheap too, loads of pots etc etc. You know the petrol station with Subway before the bridge, go down that slip road and take the next right, go to the end of the road, go left then follow it round and you'll see some of them on the main road there, also take a left turn down a sort of dirt track for loads of the darn places.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 02, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Liban, check out the nurseries by GArhoud bridge there's loads of them all together in a sort of garden alley, loads of plants and pretty cheap too, loads of pots etc etc. You know the petrol station with Subway before the bridge, go down that slip road and take the next right, go to the end of the road, go left then follow it round and you'll see some of them on the main road there, also take a left turn down a sort of dirt track for loads of the darn places.

Directly across the road from there is the Municipality Gardens Department, you can also but stuff in there and it's even cheaper than the traders in the nursery! I seem to recall everything was 5Dhs! Or appeared to be!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 02, 2006
Thanks guys!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 03, 2006
better move quickly then. most of the traders have been re-located and only a few of them are still there - as has the dm parks department which was on the opposite side of the road. they are building on the site - i think the new access road and bridge to festival city goes through there.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

May 14, 2006
The garden centre is now having a 50% sale. i think it started yesterday.
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum