Fear And Loathing In Bur Dubai

Topic locked
May 09, 2006
kanelli wrote::shock:

Note to self: Don't get in the car with arnie ever again.

Don Valley Parkinglot - Good one terranova! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well Arnie, would be more than happy to give u some extra lessons !!!
only 10 Dhs per KM !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Palkid7
Dubai chat master

May 09, 2006
Palkid

If you can arrange for driving in reverse lessons for me in excess of 50, please book me in. I found the rear "wobble" a bit difficult @ 30.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 09, 2006
30 !! WoW, wtach out for the police man !!
I guess that someone will give a reason for the police to issue "Reverse" Speeing Tickets in Dubai !!
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

May 09, 2006
Its my new plan to avoid all possibility of getting caught speeding on the SZR. I just need to sharpen my reversing skills to be able to achieve 140.

Then if i get stopped, i just switch back in to Drive and drive off onto any access road. That'll fool the cops

arniegang

May 09, 2006
arniegang wrote:Its my new plan to avoid all possibility of getting caught speeding on the SZR. I just need to sharpen my reversing skills to be able to achieve 140.

Then if i get stopped, i just switch back in to Drive and drive off onto any access road. That'll fool the cops

Palkid7
Dubai chat master

May 09, 2006
Mercedes sell well here not only because they are overpriced, over-rated, ego boosting status symbols, but because that nice little badge at the front of the bonnet looks like the cross hairs on a gun sight!

Handy when chasing the pedestrians across the SZR!

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 10, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:Handy when chasing the pedestrians across the SZR!

You drive across SZR? That's impressive :)...
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

May 11, 2006
terranova wrote:The Cranky Canadian - Comes from an emotionally sterilized country where people wake in the grey cold jump into 2 hour commutes to hell through the Don Valley Parkway (aka Don Valley Parkinglot) as ethnic thugs rain bullets in the 'burbs. However, they have come to Dubai becuase it is "intellectually stimulating and shows a desire to be internationally mobile". In other words, it's all about the benjamins. ANd yes, I'm Canadian.

[\.

Damn posers, if you really were Canadian it'd be all about the "Sir Robert Borden's" F'n yank inposter.

fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

May 11, 2006
Noxious Ozzies - I actually like them though.

Terranova do you know the meaning of "Noxious"? Is that what you really mean to say?

What have the aussies done to you?
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 11, 2006
scarlet wrote:What have the aussies done to you?

We're obnoxious but it grows on you :wink:
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 11, 2006
Ok - I'll agree with that, I thought you were saying we were noxious as in poisonous and mind polluting
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 13, 2006
terranova wrote:i came up with another one while I ate a yummy bbq chicken pizza from pizza express.

The Cranky Canadian - Comes from an emotionally sterilized country where people wake in the grey cold jump into 2 hour commutes to hell through the Don Valley Parkway (aka Don Valley Parkinglot) as ethnic thugs rain bullets in the 'burbs. However, they have come to Dubai becuase it is "intellectually stimulating and shows a desire to be internationally mobile". In other words, it's all about the benjamins. ANd yes, I'm Canadian.

The Sad Saf - These guys like to think that they're British. But everyone sees through them. And really, Cape Town isn't paradise or you wouldn't have run away to live in Jumeirah 3.

Noxious Ozzies - I actually like them though.

I was waiting for you to hava go at the Aussies-mate!! :lol: You weren't too critical so I forgive you! :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 22, 2006
And the best one - being asked directions by cab drivers in Hindi on a hangover when you can barely string a sentence together in English
themindboggles
Dubai Forums Member

May 22, 2006
my new pet peeve: why the heck does everyone assume that since I am Canadian I must drink like a fish?or that I know bill from toronto. and yes, i know it's fricking cold in canada. and honestly yes i do prefer the heat in dubai to freezing my ass off in tatamagouche national park.
terranova
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat