Belly-dance School

Topic locked
belly-dance school Apr 11, 2006
Hello, i'd like to ask girls. Do u know decent school of belly dance ?
thanks in advance

aruba
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 11, 2006
Hmmm I'd like to know this too.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 11, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Hmmm I'd like to know this too.

i do practize belly dance for more than year i don't wont to give up!
aruba
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 12, 2006
u wanna learn belly dancing, arabic and at the same time go to church......can I know more? :D
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 12, 2006
I'm looking too, have studied for three years and would like to continue here as well.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 12, 2006
K

when you sort can i come and watch plz ?

:P :P
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 12, 2006
<- Do you think they make a bellydance scarf small enough for my little Yoda waist? :P
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 12, 2006
sniper420 wrote:u wanna learn belly dancing, arabic and at the same time go to church......can I know more? :D

yes... what is strange for u?
aruba
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 12, 2006
kanelli wrote:<- Do you think they make a bellydance scarf small enough for my little Yoda waist? :P

i can help u to make a belly-dance sracf, cos i sew my belly dance suit by myself (but spent for it 3 monthes) :)
aruba
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 12, 2006
kanelli wrote:I'm looking too, have studied for three years and would like to continue here as well.

may be we can help each other :)
aruba
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 12, 2006
sniper420 wrote:u wanna learn belly dancing, arabic and at the same time go to church......can I know more? :D

usually i go to church sunday
have belly-dance 2 time in a week,.... think i'll find couple days for arabic :D
aruba
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 13, 2006
Here u go darl. One of my friends gave it to me. Cant really confirm the add:

Gelila Gamila
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Type of lessons: Classes
Dance style: Oriental dance ( Belly dance )
Phone: 97150 6322957

Lydia Tzigane
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Type of lessons: Weekly classes
Dance style: Oriental dance ( Belly dance )
Phone: 00971 6 7660297 E-mail beduwin@emirates.net.ae
(sharjah)

Leyla
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Type of lessons: Weekly Classes
Dance style: Belly Dance
Phone: 0503492831

Apparently here is a video of bellydancing I saw in Dubai...hehehe the newbie woman can't even move her @ss.

Code: Select all
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vDF9yW0MlAE
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 13, 2006
Sniper, thank u so much
aruba
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 13, 2006
Apparently here is a video of bellydancing I saw in Dubai...hehehe the newbie woman can't even move her @ss.

Who knows, may be i can teach them something :)

[/quote]
aruba
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 16, 2006
U know belly dancing as workout is becoming very big all over the world :wink: :wink: lucky for us guys
Cheers :D :D
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 16, 2006
aruba wrote:Apparently here is a video of bellydancing I saw in Dubai...hehehe the newbie woman can't even move her @ss.

Who knows, may be i can teach them something :)

[/quote]

Aruba the video isn't showing
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 16, 2006
Unfortunately, many men think that Oriental Dance (Belly Dance) is some sort of strip-tease or a s.e.x.y dance for enticing men, when it really isn't. There are lots of articles on Oriental Dance - here is one http://joyfuldancer.home.comcast.net/wr ... story1.htm
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 16, 2006
kanelli wrote:Unfortunately, many men think that Oriental Dance (Belly Dance) is some sort of strip-tease or a s.e.x.y dance for enticing men, when it really isn't. There are lots of articles on Oriental Dance - here is one http://joyfuldancer.home.comcast.net/wr ... story1.htm

Well I'm from Egypt so I know what is belly dancing and we here do apreciate it alot as a form of art. although it can be really e*otic at times
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 16, 2006
Yes, you must have amazing dance there. :) I think I've seen too much mediocre dancing where I'm from, but I hope to see a lot more authentic and skillful dance in the future while living in this part of the world.

It is definitely erotic when moving the chest, stomach and hips in the way they are moved in oriental dance :) The difference is that erotic doesn't mean cheap or an invitation to something more... some men understand this, some men don't. It doesn't help when some of the dancers support the stereotype of the scantily clad s.e.x tease version of the dance with money being stuck in the bra etc.

Anyone who has tried oriental dance will tell you that it is hard work! My first year or two of studying I could hardly smile when I was moving because I was concentrating so hard on moving small muscles and large muscles in certain directions and certain sequences. Now I can manage to smile, but I'm still learning and only consider myself a beginner. It takes practice practice practice!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 16, 2006
I met an aussie in Cairo and she is a pro. bellydancer and she told me alot of storties about how bad and hard it is. Imagine an aussie trying to work in the land that invented bellydancing and how tough it is.
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 16, 2006
Well, it would be a great place to practice your craft, but definitely a tougher crowd I think :) Sometimes I think that women who come from the same culture as the music have a major advantage because they really have an ear for the music. Understanding the lyrics and having a feel for the beats helps when interpreting the dance and planning choreography. It isn't impossible for a foreign woman to learn though. :)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 16, 2006
kanelli wrote:Well, it would be a great place to practice your craft, but definitely a tougher crowd I think :) Sometimes I think that women who come from the same culture as the music have a major advantage because they really have an ear for the music. Understanding the lyrics and having a feel for the beats helps when interpreting the dance and planning choreography. It isn't impossible for a foreign woman to learn though. :)

Guess what she was one of the best ones i ever saw. But she had spent yrs and yrs to learn. She was in a dancing school in Sydney and she had to spent good 4 yrs doing nothing but learning bellydancing in Egypt.
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 16, 2006
Awesome! Does she have her own website to advertise her performances or dance classes etc.? I'd love to read more about her.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 16, 2006
I don't think she has a website but I'll ask her when i see her :)
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 16, 2006
I still come along and watch ya wiggle K

:P
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 16, 2006
arniegang wrote:I still come along and watch ya wiggle K

:P

Shouldn't you celebrating with ur family :!: :!:
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

belly dancing Apr 20, 2006
aruba wrote:Sniper, thank u so much

helo ms aruba! I wish you keep posting and give us info.,for one I am very interested to join this type of activity.. I will be joining you soon once I arrive Dubai..I am a cultural dance trainer and wanted to do Belly dancing...thnks..
----------------------------------
HABIT IS SECOND NATURE :D
vicky40_teach
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 21, 2006
kanelli wrote:Unfortunately, many men think that Oriental Dance (Belly Dance) is some sort of strip-tease or a s.e.x.y dance for enticing men, when it really isn't. There are lots of articles on Oriental Dance - here is one http://joyfuldancer.home.comcast.net/wr ... story1.htm

not men many Westerners in general think that.... :roll:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: belly dancing Apr 21, 2006
vicky40_teach wrote:
aruba wrote:Sniper, thank u so much

helo ms aruba! I wish you keep posting and give us info.,for one I am very interested to join this type of activity.. I will be joining you soon once I arrive Dubai..I am a cultural dance trainer and wanted to do Belly dancing...thnks..
----------------------------------
HABIT IS SECOND NATURE :D

Vicky, when u;ll arive to Dubai?
aruba
Dubai Forums Member

belly dancing! Apr 21, 2006
how nice of you to ask MS ARUBA.. :D

I still have to fix my legal documents..might be around mid of June..hope you welcome me by then...thnks again hope to hear from you..keeping fit and healthy goes a long way! so keep up and may others need to join and have fun..

keep in touch... :D

posting in Movies and Music TalkForum Rules

Return to Movies and Music Talk