Shipping Personal Items To Dubai - Relocating.

Topic locked
Shipping personal items to Dubai - Relocating. Dec 02, 2012
My wife and I will be moving from the UK to Dubai mid December.

We don't have loads of kit to bring with us, just shoes, clothes and personal items, but I guess too much to bring on the flight over.

Can anyone recommend a way of shipping our items to Dubai for a resonable price, I don't mind if it takes a couple of weeks.

Thanks, Dave.

DNCUK
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Shipping Personal Items To Dubai - Relocating. Dec 03, 2012
For Air freight one of my friends send through http://www.excess-baggage.com/ . He was pretty much happy with it. or you can even check with http://www.allfreight.co.uk/

All the best with living in the UAE.. Here is something that will help you with Working in Dubai
angelican
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Shipping Personal Items To Dubai - Relocating. Dec 04, 2012
Thanks for that, I'll have a look. Regards Dave.
DNCUK
Dubai Forums Member

I got a company from Hull to take some furniture over for me. I can't remember their name but try googling it. Do you have a residents visa? I made this mistake. The company didn't tell me I needed one and when my stuff arrived, I couldn't import it.
Luckily I have a very good local friend and he took care of everything. He had to transfer the goods into his name and import them for me. It was a bit of a hassle but we got there in the end.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Shipping personal items to Dubai - Relocating. Dec 04, 2012
Hi Dave

I can personally recommend Anglo Pacific. I was in London for the last two years. I moved back to Dubai a couple of weeks ago.

Al my stuff - two years worth of books, clothes, bedding and some electrical items - arrived safely a few days ago. Not a single glitch anywhere.

I chose their shipping service because for me, time was also not much of an issue.

One point - I'm not sure if they actually offer a packing service. I did it myself, I just can't remember if they offered a service anyway.

I contacted quite a lot of companies to compare prices and box sizes and for me Anglo were the best. It realy worked out well.

Hope this helps!

burton
burton
Dubai forums Addict
Location: meanstreets of satwa, outside your mosque, stealing your shoes...

Thanks, I'll have a look at them too.

Dave.
DNCUK
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Shipping Personal Items To Dubai - Relocating. Apr 15, 2013
Moving Right Along company provides great facilities to move your good. I have recently experiences their services in Dubai. They were good moving company queens for delicate stuffs.
aprilbeckhum
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Shipping personal items to Dubai - Relocating. May 16, 2013
Hey,

For shipping your items, company theboxme would be really helpful. They provide some really good and affordable moving, packing and storing services. When I moved to Dubai, I used their services. Theboxme took utmost care of my belongings and kept me stress free. Do try them.

And as much as I know, Moving Right Along company isn't all that good..one of my friends had a bad experience with them. So beware :-)

Take care. Hope I could be of some help to you :-)
SanaS
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Shipping Personal Items To Dubai - Relocating. Jun 03, 2013
Nice thread...beautiful info for dubai movers and also For shipping your items
outdoor9213
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum