A WARNING _ PLEASE READ!

Topic locked
A WARNING _ PLEASE READ! Mar 01, 2004
Sorry, i posted this elsewhere, without realising there was a good section:

Hi Everyone,
This is a message to warn everyone agaisn't the corruption that can be evident in
Dubai. Today, my mom and my little brother were looking around in Spinneys centre
Umm Suqeim. More specifically, they were looking in the CD/DVD store called Music

My little brother (whos only 13) was looking at PlayStation2 games when the manager
came behind him and asked him why he was stealing his products. I know for a fact my
brother would not do this. Some of you may be skeptical, but I truly know in my heart
that he would not commit a crime like this.

Having banned my brother from the store, my mom and my bro were leaving when the
manager shouted at them to come back inside. He then DEMANDED 200dhs for the PS2
game that my brother had just put back on the shelf having not even stolen it. He told
them that if they did not pay the 200dhs for the PS2 game, he would call the police. Now, my mom got pretty scared and just gave the money
because she didn't want any trouble. This is a bit of a crime really... it's called BLACKMAIL.

So what i ask of you (and I know this is a lot to ask, it's totally your choice) it to COMPLETLY boycott the shop
called Music 2000 in the Spinneys Umm Suqeim centre. I know this is a lot to ask, but there
are other music stores in Dubai, and so please spare a moment to think what kind of
business that this guy is running (hes the General Manager by the way). Thanks for reading

Yours,
Dan

Dan
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 19, 2004
lol, it was NFL Street, which is a rad game :D
Dan
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 13, 2005
:? wtf.
BobbieMasoner
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 14, 2005
That's awful, I'd have called the guys bluff and let him call the police and have him done for harrassment and slander.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

let me tell you my story Jul 03, 2005
Sorry for saying that your mom seems a bit ignorant! She should have called the police herself and sued this f…king blackmailer!

Let me tell you my story:

One a bloody f…ker hit my car twice in S-D road and claimed that it is me who s done that.

The police strangely were appreciating his claim and turned the accident against me. They literally ignored every word I said / screamed and insisted that it was my mistake in both the accidents!

Not only that, they also sold me the favor of not submitting it to the court because two accidents cannot be just accidents. It is a crime, and I was the suspected! It was like threatening by the police men themselves!

My car is fully insured and could repair both the cars without problems, but I refused. I insisted to submitting a case against the f…ker and the police. I brought every possible evidence and assigned a lower!

Here is what happened:

1 The judge found the other f…ker guilty. He paid from his own pocket for both the cars (for my car only more than 3000 Dhs. I don’t know about his car)
3 A police man got warned and another one got dismissed form the service and from the whole country (both are Yemeni).
4 The persecutor discovered the secret of the strong influence of the f….ker on the police. His father was a police trainer. His father got a warning letter also and they revoked his promotion.

The case cost me around 1200 Dhs (for the lower only), while it would have cost only 250 Dhs if would ve left it against me from the beginning. In spit of the cost, I am so happy and proud.

I am not trying to say that you should announce a war against others when they wrong you, but sometimes it is a matter of self respect.

Never have fear if you are right.
Lee
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 05, 2005
Lee,

Just out of interest, was the guy who hit you a local?

If so it explains everything!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 05, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:Lee,

Yes he was a local. If he was not, his father wd ve been dismissed also.
Lee
Dubai Forums Member

Nice work ! Jul 11, 2005
Good for u man ! I really respect what u did !!
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Re: let me tell you my story Jul 31, 2005
Lee wrote:Sorry for saying that your mom seems a bit ignorant! She should have called the police herself and sued this f…king blackmailer!

One a bloody f…ker hit my car twice in S-D road and claimed that it is me who s done that.

The police strangely were appreciating his claim and turned the accident against me. They literally ignored every word I said / screamed and insisted that it was my mistake in both the accidents!

Not only that, they also sold me the favor of not submitting it to the court because two accidents cannot be just accidents. It is a crime, and I was the suspected! It was like threatening by the police men themselves!

My car is fully insured and could repair both the cars without problems, but I refused. I insisted to submitting a case against the f…ker and the police. I brought every possible evidence and assigned a lower!

Here is what happened:

1 The judge found the other f…ker guilty. He paid from his own pocket for both the cars (for my car only more than 3000 Dhs. I don’t know about his car)
3 A police man got warned and another one got dismissed form the service and from the whole country (both are Yemeni).
4 The persecutor discovered the secret of the strong influence of the f….ker on the police. His father was a police trainer. His father got a warning letter also and they revoked his promotion.

The case cost me around 1200 Dhs (for the lower only), while it would have cost only 250 Dhs if would ve left it against me from the beginning. In spit of the cost, I am so happy and proud.

I am not trying to say that you should announce a war against others when they wrong you, but sometimes it is a matter of self respect.

the Police in Dubai and Sharjah will always take the side of emirati NAtional, They get their pay from them , remember!

Heck I was fined twice, by police in Dubai and Sharjah, cause i talked to them in English, hek I dont know arabic. My fathers friend was also deliberately fined because they enquired about their mistake in english... Very common
InsightDubai.com
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 22, 2005
Either your brother had the game in his possession, or he did not.

If your mother paid the Dh200, then you should have left the shop with a copy of the game.

If you didn't, then the shopkeeper has stolen Dh200 from you, and you are morally obligated to report him to the police.

If you paid and took the game home so as not to cause trouble, try returning the game for a refund (assuming it is unwrapped) in a couple of days time.
secretdubai
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 14, 2006
feel really sorry abt tht video game stuff....but trust me....da mom was really a loser....if anyone even did tht to me...heh he...he wud be in a really bad state...

if he told me to pay 200 dhs...i just would shout like a mad guy...call da police...screw him and if necessary tell him to chk da security cameras around in teh place.

anyhow...whats over is over...i gonna pay a visit to tht place...and haf sum fun over there...
romance
Dubai Forums Member

Re: let me tell you my story Feb 23, 2006
InsightDubai.com wrote:

the Police in Dubai and Sharjah will always take the side of emirati NAtional, They get their pay from them , remember!

Heck I was fined twice, by police in Dubai and Sharjah, cause i talked to them in English, hek I dont know arabic. My fathers friend was also deliberately fined because they enquired about their mistake in english... Very common

Untrue .... they cant play games if you are smart ... after the accident the traffic police will draw the plan of the accident on a piece of paper and make you sign it ... if you refuse to sign for some awkward reason .. you go to court & fight your case ,,, Local or Expat ... justice is served unless he is a Big Shot .. than you have bumped in to the wrong person & its your unlucky day !
U a E s A i N t
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: let me tell you my story Mar 04, 2006
U a E s A i N t wrote:
InsightDubai.com wrote:

Untrue .... they cant play games if you are smart ... after the accident the traffic police will draw the plan of the accident on a piece of paper and make you sign it ... if you refuse to sign for some awkward reason .. you go to court & fight your case ,,, Local or Expat ... justice is served unless he is a Big Shot .. than you have bumped in to the wrong person & its your unlucky day !

Sadly UAESAINT you just proved the point with your Big Shot comment! It shouldn't matter who they are if they're in the wrong then they get the fine - nuff said!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 26, 2006
YOU PEOPLE MAKE ME SICK!!!!!!

ABSOLUTELY SICK, SICK, SICK...................

You should be ashamed of yourselves. :roll:

Thank your lucky stars a local owns or sponsors the company you, your husband or your Daddy works for.

If locals are that bad for you, then move somewhere else.

Some place where the people are as perfect as you.............

Somewhere like England?!!ha ha :wink:
SheikhaS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 27, 2006
SheikhaS wrote:YOU PEOPLE MAKE ME SICK!!!!!!

ABSOLUTELY SICK, SICK, SICK...................

You should be ashamed of yourselves. :roll:

Thank your lucky stars a local owns or sponsors the company you, your husband or your Daddy works for.

Wtf is your problem?

This thread is nothing about locals. It's about an expat allegedly being abused by an (expat most probably) shopkeeper.

Grow up, get a life, and get yourself an education so you can actually understand something when you read it. People like you give locals a bad name.
secretdubai
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 27, 2006

so the locals dont EARN from the company where the expats work in?

the expats are the ones responsible for making the company run, and earn your local butt some cash...ergo, putting the food on your little spoiled brat ass table.... :idea: :shock: :idea:

point is, these expats are people too, and shouldnt be treated like animals...the posts here clearly indicate that there are instances that expats are treated like crap...cant blame them for feeling that way...coz in their country, they arent treated as bad...only slightly. :lol: :lol:

but to balance things out, in my experience, ive met some locals that are pretty cool, so still, you cant really classify the locals are turds...or wet turds...maybe just turds, but definately not the wet kind...but then again, ive also met some brits that are huge embarrassments to her majesty's nation...racists extraordinare who thinks they are better than the rest of the world...same thing with yanks...shouldnt be called that since a yank is nothing but a soft tug, do it harder and its already...a jerk...so a yank is ,in every sense of the word, nothing BUT a jerk...

FACT...no one's perfect...whatever your nationality may be...heck...even if you were hebrew...and the jews nailed him to the cross!
Kitster
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 27, 2006
Sorry for the rant, but it does make me sick!!

Generalised comments like......

I mean whats that about?!!Thats my problem!

As Ive said many times before, Im not on the "locals" side of things, but Im really getting peed off at people always stereotyping these guys!

Everyone should have the same rights as the next person, but if you expect respect, then you have to respect!!
SheikhaS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 27, 2006
SheikhaS, you are always on the locals side and assuming that most people here are blaming locals. Half the time you've got it wrong. Even when someone does blame a local, they might have a good point if they are the ones who had direct experience! For example, a local person breaks a law and the police let him/her off, yet an Indian, Pakistani or other expat faced a penalty for breaking the same law. Are you saying that this kind of thing never happens, and when it does, we should just shut up about it because it is wrong to say anything about locals? Stereotyping isn't fair, but when enough people have experience to say that locals are getting away with much more than what the foreigners are - there might be some truth there, don't you think?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Mar 27, 2006
Yeah I do think some locals get away with more than the foreigners, but as you said, hard though it is, we shouldnt stereotype about anybody.

Anyway as I said before, sorry I get so annoyed about it.

There are plenty of locals who are in jail for "petty" crimes, and believe me its not them that get the pardon from the Sheikh at Eid.

Anyway I think we made up on the other forum topic and were now playing in the sand box nicely?!

I think Im heading for DUbai Forums most wanted list along with Liban?! :lol:
SheikhaS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 28, 2006
Sheikha S, where do you come from?
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 11, 2006
:shock: :shock:
nice attitude dude !
dell
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 11, 2006
SheikhaS wrote:I think Im heading for DUbai Forums most wanted list along with Liban?! :lol:

Nah, we still like you hun! :D Even Liban has started mellowing since his marriage - he's toned down the fire and brimstone lately :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 12, 2006
Dubai Forums Most wanted ??
silhouette
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 24, 2006
If I were you or ur mother I wouldn't pay. IF you really trusted ur bro that he didn't do that you should let the issue for police and security camera installed in the shop would clear the truth. Then you could ask the manager to pay you many thousands not 200 because he accused ur bro since he was inecent.
(((My English is not so good, regret if I miss the meaning sometimes)))
sam14m
Dubai Forum Guest

Aug 16, 2006
Unfortunately, the trouble what Dan and Lee have experienced is ground reality here. The mentality here is pathetic. Take it from someone who has spent 20 years here.

A couple of years ago, my family and myself had experienced a situation - - an expat had blown the car horn horn at a person (local) to warn him since the local guys' had come out without any warning. the local guy got out of his car, asked the expat to get out and gave him such a slap, that we all were just shocked! Without a word, the expat guy humbly got back into his vehicle and everyone went on their way. the expat seemed well to do - well dressed.

The other day we were having a discussion where practically everyone agreed that they would rather take the nonsense at their own expense (something like what Dan experienced) rather than stand up to them - why? because thats the way it is here. you have a very less chance since mostly the authorities take the side of "their" people. Ask anyone you meet on the road - thats what all of them would do.

Lee, what you have experienced is probably one of the very few rare cases where you got away with standing up for what was right.

I consider myself Lee's type, although, to the dismay of my close family and family. Why? It's not because they have a problem with me standing up for whats right. They just dont want me to be a victim of the idiotic lunatics with wasts with the local authorities.

You will notice that most of the people who misbehave like in Lee's case have links and know people in higher places. Hence the attitude.
arjun7ue
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: let me tell you my story Aug 16, 2006
Lee wrote:Sorry for saying that your mom seems a bit ignorant! She should have called the police herself and sued this f…king blackmailer!

Here is what happened:

Hey Lee, I would've thought your story is complete bull if it were not for the fact that someone I know went through the exact same experience. However, the cops just backed off when they were faced with a possible court case, and gave both parties the "green paper." The offending party was Omani in this case, and the person who went through this didn't know a word of Arabic either.

Disclaimer: I have never been in a road accident yet, so I have never had the displeasure of dealing with such a situation myself.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 17, 2006
I can feel this will end up somewhere else.....someone is in the fighting mode :twisted:

Sheikas are you nuts??? You think people should bow down to locals here even if they are in the right position. WTF, you guys dont even have the brain or the balls to develop this country without Expats! Alham Dulila HE gave you the land with oil...or else you guys will rot to starvation! :evil: :evil: :evil:

As for the topic....tsk tsk tsk Is the "mom" new to this land? Maybe she is thats why she reacted that way. Just advise her next time that happens, she should shout her lungs out and call the police. Let her know her rights dude!
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 05, 2006
Hey Sheika,

With all due respect,

Remember if it wasn't for expats you would stil be riding a camel :evil:
Freonboy
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai Black listForum Rules

Return to Dubai Black list