Whatever Happened To Passion?

Topic locked
Whatever Happened To Passion? Apr 09, 2006
I wonder whatever happened to Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love !! Whatever happened to passion ,crazy burning emotions can't take my eyes -Hands off you kind of relations??Are we getting cold and drained and lost in this place of the world that we gave up on instincts and purity ?

Ladies and Gentleman ... Are We Turning Into Robots??

Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 09, 2006
Whatever happened to diversity? As if what you know is the only thing that matters. Get out of your hole and see the world. Some people have a one track mind. You should be more open-minded about other cultures or sub-cultures if you will.
Torvalds
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 09, 2006
feels like that... in japan they are doing research on how we can get sexual satisfaction in some other way rather than wasting time or full night with a woman :shock: so in the future.. we'll put a device somewhere on some body parts which will send some signals into our mind and khallaas.. its done in less than a minutes... :twisted:

There's nothing compared to the caring acts of our loved ones..
Jupiter
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 09, 2006
Torvalds wrote:Whatever happened to diversity? As if what you know is the only thing that matters. Get out of your hole and see the world. Some people have a one track mind. You should be more open-minded about other cultures or sub-cultures if you will.

see exactly we are turning into robots ... and what i am said has nothing to do with cultures !! it has to do with humanity and soul read well then reply with reason if u have any :twisted:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 09, 2006
The first post sounds like a quote from the sex & the city script.... :roll: :roll:

Someone is taking over from Hiya with all this question sh1t :lol:

Did you forget to take your chill-pill this morning Corcovado???
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 10, 2006
irish vanessa wrote:The first post sounds like a quote from the fun & the city script.... :roll: :roll:

hmmm correct me if i am wrong but in this index you discuss romance right? or u just make fun of peoples opinions ?? :evil: well i am thinking loud and i want 2 know where did the passion go. hey i am a taurus ...do the math :P
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Whatever Happened To Passion? Apr 10, 2006
Corcovado wrote:I wonder whatever happened to Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love !! Whatever happened to passion ,crazy burning emotions can't take my eyes -Hands off you kind of relations??Are we getting cold and drained and lost in this place of the world that we gave up on instincts and purity ?

Sorry, my names not Robert...

Phereomones, Corvocado, they can play merry hell with your ability to control yourself and vice versa with a significant other.

Passion tends to be the bright spark at the beginning of a relationship but its all chemicals and the facts of life. Nature intended the species to continue, so nature put handles and bits in all the right places and made the opposite genders physically compatible...if not mentally in tune at times!

It can still happen and I hold onto the dream of it happening again..although my backs not what it used to be!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 10, 2006
its about having that special feeling with someone but not many out there i dont think...they all just robots :lol: no feelings at all to give! and thats how most of us have become!
tinkerbella
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 10, 2006
tinkerbella wrote:its about having that special feeling with someone but not many out there i dont think...they all just robots :lol: no feelings at all to give! and thats how most of us have become!

Speak for yourself sweetie! Some of us are still out there batting! Not a gear, cog or wire in sight!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 10, 2006
To be honest I think the way life is has changed things. People are so busy all the time, they don't make time for the little things.

You have to set aside time to spend with your significant other, and I don't mean a quickie when you get home from work. Shut off the phones, turn off the tv, get on some relaxing music, light a few candles and some incense, run a big old bubble, do massages and spend about 3 or 4 hours doing the things you like to do - but hey who's go that kinda time these days?!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 10, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:To be honest I think the way life is has changed things. People are so busy all the time, they don't make time for the little things.

You have to set aside time to spend with your significant other, and I don't mean a quickie when you get home from work. Shut off the phones, turn off the tv, get on some relaxing music, light a few candles and some incense, run a big old bubble, do massages and spend about 3 or 4 hours doing the things you like to do - but hey who's go that kinda time these days?!

Well said Chocoholic WEEEEEEEEEEEEEll SAid :hello1:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Whatever Happened To Passion? Apr 10, 2006
Corcovado wrote:I wonder whatever happened to Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love !! Whatever happened to passion ,crazy burning emotions can't take my eyes -Hands off you kind of relations??Are we getting cold and drained and lost in this place of the world that we gave up on instincts and purity ?

people who think they are cold and need love potions may now have to take injections of hormones like Norepinepherine, Dopamine, Serotonin, Oxytocin and Vasopressin etc... :lol:
ajoy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 10, 2006
Corcovado wrote:
irish vanessa wrote:The first post sounds like a quote from the fun & the city script.... :roll: :roll:

hmmm correct me if i am wrong but in this index you discuss romance right? or u just make fun of peoples opinions ?? :evil: well i am thinking loud and i want 2 know where did the passion go. hey i am a taurus ...do the math :P

Sorry mate...

I was in an agressive mood last night...awful hangover :oops:
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 10, 2006
irish vanessa wrote:
Corcovado wrote:

Sorry mate...

I was in an agressive mood last night...awful hangover :oops:

ooooh , No worries ... i understand and i am a Huge fan of S.E.X and the city i am so glad my writing sounds a little bit like it :P wohooo hey hope ur feeling well today :flower:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 10, 2006
Yeha...better today...still in my PJs though!! such a waster!
:lol: :lol:
irish vanessa
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 11, 2006
I like the concept of passionate love but I would'nt dream about it. It makes you sound like a wussy!
Torvalds
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 11, 2006
Passion and sincereness is being crushed by our high beat life style thats what happened and thats why ppl wonder what happened to it. Its still there but now u have to work harder than ever to find it :?
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 11, 2006
I heared that passion was assassinated by a serial murderer called "the modern life".

May passion rest in peace :D
Intimacy
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 11, 2006
Passion fades, it never lasts.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 11, 2006
kanelli wrote:Passion fades, it never lasts.

In this world.. very rightly said Kaneli.

People changed... reality vanished ...

Damn.. I start getting pessimistic.. i hate that lol
Intimacy
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 11, 2006
Can anyone sustain the energy? No. It is like running a sprint - you can run amazingly fast for about 20 seconds and then you tire badly. Passion is the same - the emotion and lust are too potent to last more than a short time.

If we are talking about relationships - then it isn't completely bad when the passion dies out because at least there is a deeper love remaining (hopefully!). Supposedly some people together for a long time manage to rekindle the passion once and a while. Sounds nice, but I don't know how they do it. :?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 11, 2006
kanelli wrote:Can anyone sustain the energy? No. It is like running a sprint - you can run amazingly fast for about 20 seconds and then you tire badly. Passion is the same - the emotion and lust are too potent to last more than a short time.

If we are talking about relationships - then it isn't completely bad when the passion dies out because at least there is a deeper love remaining (hopefully!). Supposedly some people together for a long time manage to rekindle the passion once and a while. Sounds nice, but I don't know how they do it. :?

Kaneli,

You are right in some places .. but allow me to disagree with you in certin points.

I have seen men and women in the age of 75-80 still living with passion.. the main thing that they started on a clean honest basis.

If we want to measure passion as any other materialistic thing .. it will not be fair.. we will misjudge it by treating it as any other measrable thing.

At the same time . there are ups and downs for everything in this life.. without these ups and downs we will never feel the differences in the status .. if we are very happy every day .. we will never know what sadness means.. if we dont get sick.. we would never know what health means.. and so on... thats why the call it the naturla curve. where it starts from zero ... reaches the max.. and the start going down.. and this cycle keeps running tell the end of life. :)
Intimacy
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 11, 2006
Sorry to disagree a second time today K.

I agree with Int, passion in a relationship is what you make it. Love has nothing to do with passion, they are totally unconnected.

Within a relationship if you dont put anything into it, you wont get anything out of it. People within long term relationships generally speaking, make do with "love within the relationship".

The passion is no longer present becuse either or both partner's is/are unwilling, uninterested, unable or does not have the confidence to bring back the element of passion back into that relationship.
arniegang

Apr 11, 2006
Intimacy, I don't know what you mean by "materialistic". Also, "clean and honest basis" don't have much to do with passion. A person can easily feel passion for someone even if they aren't completely clean and honest.

My definition of passion is heart beating fast, senses sharp, elation, desire. None of my grandparents had that for each other anymore. From my experience passion dies after the first year you are together with someone.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 11, 2006
arniegang wrote:Sorry to disagree a second time today K.

I agree with Int, passion in a relationship is what you make it. Love has nothing to do with passion, they are totally unconnected.

Within a relationship if you dont put anything into it, you wont get anything out of it. People within long term relationships generally speaking, make do with "love within the relationship".

The passion is no longer present becuse either or both partner's is/are unwilling, uninterested, unable or does not have the confidence to bring back the element of passion back into that relationship.

Well ,i wonder can u ever fall in love with someone ur not passionate about?? i can't ...
first comes the passion ,the lust ,the i can't take my eyes ,hands off you...then if everything goes right there will be love ... to me u can have passion without love but u can never find love without passion first ......
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 11, 2006
Intimacy wrote:I heared that passion was assassinated by a serial murderer called "the modern life".

May passion rest in peace :D

lets say its kidnapped and needs to be rescued ... so call the cops and lets go :P
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 11, 2006
Corcovado wrote:

Well ,i wonder can u ever fall in love with someone ur not passionate
about?? i can't ...
first comes the passion ,the lust ,the i can't take my eyes ,hands off you...then if everything goes right there will be love ... to me u can have passion without love but u can never find love without passion first ......

I still stand by my comment that passion and love are unrelated. You can be passionate about someone because of attraction. This does not automatically turn into love. Your definition of "love" obviously does not concur with mine. I am able to love my children without passion. Passion is NOT a pre-requisite to love.
arniegang

Apr 11, 2006
arniegang wrote:
Corcovado wrote:

Well ,i wonder can u ever fall in love with someone ur not passionate
about?? i can't ...

I still stand by my comment that passion and love are unrelated. You can be passionate about someone because of attraction. This does not automatically turn into love. Your definition of "love" obviously does not concur with mine. I am able to love my children without passion. Passion is NOT a pre-requisite to love.

yeah but here we are talking about man to woman or man to man or woman to woman :wink: hehhe kind of love i mean when ur in love with someone u need to be passionate about him or her or otherwise its just dull ...
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 11, 2006
yeah but here we are talking about man to woman or man to man or woman to woman hehhe kind of love i mean when ur in love with someone u need to be passionate about him or her or otherwise its just dull ...

I have not been gender specific because it has no relevance. You can be passionate about your pet dog, but you dont have a candlelit dinner with it, then take it to bed for a good rodgering.
arniegang

Apr 11, 2006
I have not been gender specific because it has no relevance. You can be passionate about your pet dog, but you dont have a candlelit dinner with it, then take it to bed for a good rodgering.[/quote]

Don't know about that! Ask Vee?

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance