Theories Of The Soul [quantumn Physics Models] [video]

Topic locked
Theories of the soul [quantumn physics models] [video] Jul 19, 2012
- Life after death [ Through the wormhole season 2 ep 1]

Summary = Neurophysiological & Neuropyschological examination of near death experiences, lack of plausible explanations leads to forwarding of a quantum physical model of what the soul might be [based on quantum entanglement] ( two events occurring simultaneously with apparent cause and effect but spatially separated )

Verses in the quran and bible give similar indications, Hadith references also give similar indications.

DO NOT WATCH IF YOU'RE AN ATHEIST, THE ENSUING CONFUSION MIGHT LEAD TO SUICIDAL TENDENCIES, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !

zubbber
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Theories Of The Soul [quantumn Physics Models] [video] Jul 19, 2012
"Near death experience" is not death by definition. So does not prove a life after death.
Rene Descart said, many years ago: "I think, therefore I am."
Quantum science is now telling us that the atoms, of which everything is made, are 95% empty space, and the rest of the 5%(electrons, protons etc.)is just vibrating energy fields. Our sensory organs (eyes, ears, touch receptors etc.) receives information from these energy fields which is then conveyed to appropriate areas in our brains, and it is in the brain, which is encased in a bony cage and never seen the outside world, that an image is made for us of the outside world. So, to all intents and purposes, an illusion! A mere perception of reality!
I think Professor Nick Bostrom of Oxford University might be on to something when he propounded his " Simulation Hypothesis". Read more about the subject here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulated_reality
Finally, one can "believe" anything.
There are people who believe in fairies, pixies, and elves; in UFOs and that the earth is flat, and God made this earth in 6 days! So, why not the soul? Whatever floats your boat :wink:
In the end, the ultimate irony will be that we might all turn out to be completely wrong; including all those learned scientists :D
Frequentflier
Dubai forums Addict

I was wondering when Bostrom would be mentioned! :) ;)

Thanks Zubber - looks like a very interesting series. Will DL and watch all in due course.

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

@Frequentflier = Well said ! I would definitely agree with you on the possibility that what the scientists fail to measure is what they have all tried so hard to deny :)

@Shaifque - Yea Bro, actually i stumbled on the series by accident, for some reason i was looking for something on time travel , so the title of the series caught my eye, to my dismay it wasnt a indepth look at wormholes or vortexes , but the series covers the entire spectrum of science, from elemental physics all the way to paranormal activity , its all on youtube , but some episodes would have to be searched
zubbber
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Theories Of The Soul [quantumn Physics Models] [video] Jul 20, 2012
I'm an atheist and will still watch :D
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums