Facebook 'Rape' Page To Stay!

Topic locked
Facebook 'Rape' page to Stay! Oct 07, 2011
Facebook has been criticised for not removing a controversial page which victim support charities say trivialises and jokes about rape. I haven't looked at the page but the word is that there are people on there who are advocating rape and there are people on there apparently confessing to rape. That, I would find disturbing. It really is quite scarey what people will post on the internet, as happened recently on DF.

Sony, American Express and Blackberry did not want to be associated with the page and asked for their adverts to be removed. Facebook has now removed all advertising.

The group page, called "You know she's playing hard to get when your chasing her down an alleyway", has nearly 200,000 likes. They say it was set up by some Australian students, if so that's a bit worrying as they don't know 'your' from 'you're'.

I thought it was quite a funny title but probably not, if I'd been subjected to an attack of any description.
I'm sure the people who set the page up didn't mean to offend anyone but obviously have, as a petition to have it removed has been set up.

People being touchy or just set up in very bad taste?

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Facebook 'Rape' Page To Stay! Oct 08, 2011
looks like Nick Griffin finally opened an account on FB ?
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:looks like Nick Griffin finally opened an account on FB ?

You silly bell end!

I know us whiteys all look the same to you lot but you really need to be able to distinguish your Aussies from your English if you want to sneak into Australia munchkin!

The page was set up by Aussie students and Nick Griffin is the leader of the BNP.
There's a hint there, as in B for Britain :drunken:
Bethsmum

Re: Facebook 'Rape' page to Stay! Oct 08, 2011
Bethsmum wrote:The group page, called "You know she's playing hard to get when your chasing her down an alleyway", has nearly 200,000 likes.

Rape isn't funny. If it ever happens to you BM just stop and you will probably find they run right past you - even Aussie's have standards.
DearJohn
Dubai forums Addict

DearJohn wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:The group page, called "You know she's playing hard to get when your chasing her down an alleyway", has nearly 200,000 likes.

Rape isn't funny. If it ever happens to you Polka just stop and you will probably find they run right past you - even Aussie's have standards.

On Topic
Who said rape was funny John? Not me.
The page was set up by some students having a laugh. They have offended some and I can see why, although I haven't liked it or even looked at the page.

Off Topic.
You remind me of Beth when she was about 5, john. She used to think she had a big secret and we used to humour her as the secret she thought she had, wasn't a secret at all. :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you've got something to say, and I can see it's choking you, just spit it out. It won't be ground breaking news to most here.
If you must have your 5 minutes of fame, then go for it. Be my guest but please can you spice it up a bit as I have a reputation to maintain on this forum.

Knock yourself out John :D Or is it ....? You're sounding a bit girly :drunken:
say my name, say my name
wear it out, its getting hot, crack a window, air it out
I can get you through a mighty long day
soon as I go the text you gon right is gonna say…

Ooh na na, what’s my name
Whats my name, whats my name

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0CGsw6h60k&ob=av2e
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:On Topic
Who said rape was funny John? Not me.
The page was set up by some students having a laugh. They have offended some and I can see why, although I haven't liked it or even looked at the page.

Did I say you thought it was funny?

Bethsmum wrote:Off Topic.
You remind me of Beth when she was about 5, john. She used to think she had a big secret and we used to humour her as the secret she thought she had, wasn't a secret at all. :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you've got something to say, and I can see it's choking you, just spit it out. It won't be ground breaking news to most here.
If you must have your 5 minutes of fame, then go for it. Be my guest but please can you spice it up a bit as I have a reputation to maintain on this forum.

Knock yourself out John :D Or is it Barbara? You're sounding a bit girly :drunken:
say my name, say my name
wear it out, its getting hot, crack a window, air it out
I can get you through a mighty long day
soon as I go the text you gon right is gonna say…

Ooh na na, what’s my name
Whats my name, whats my name

That's quite a response BM to a one liner about Aussie's having standards.
Where's your sense of humour?
DearJohn
Dubai forums Addict

How very clever your reference to Polka is ...

Some may get it, others not, but if you have something to say to BM then why not use your inside info and say it to her directly instead of trying to look like a smart arse on here

Thanks
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

viking-warrior wrote:How very clever your reference to Polka is ...

Why thank you.

viking-warrior wrote:Some may get it, others not,

I suspect more people now that you highlight it

viking-warrior wrote: but if you have something to say to BM then why not use your inside info and say it to her directly instead of trying to look like a smart arse on here

Well thank you for your opinion VK and if I have something to say to her I will surely take you up on your valuable advice and do so. My advice to you is to focus on your own problems. The last few years have undoubtedly been tough for you so why don't you focus on No.1 and get your life back on track. Escapism through DF won't help you either.
DearJohn
Dubai forums Addict

DearJohn wrote:I suspect more people now that you highlight it

Well thank you for your opinion VK and if I have something to say to her I will surely take you up on your valuable advice and do so. My advice to you is to focus on your own problems. The last few years have undoubtedly been tough for you so why don't you focus on No.1 and get your life back on track. Escapism through DF won't help you either.

The word is 'know' actually and not 'now'. Not as smart as you think BJ..I mean DJ.

A little shaky there John! Let's hear it then Big Boy :D
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:The word is 'know' actually and not 'now'.

Polka, they are both words actually and I meant to use "now" which I did. If you read it again with your glasses on you might be able to make sense of it this time around. Here is a hint for you - "more people will now" get it as you have "now highlighted it". I would have expected more from a team leader.
DearJohn
Dubai forums Addict

^Perhaps you should modify the nickname to Micro?

:D

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

DearJohn wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:The word is 'know' actually and not 'now'.

Polka, they are both words actually and I meant to use "now" which I did. If you read it again with your glasses on you might be able to make sense of it this time around. Here is a hint for you - "more people will now" get it as you have "now highlighted it". I would have expected more from a team leader.

More people will now? :drunken:
Well I'm pleased that you have explained it as it was a load of bollocks on the first read.
No need for glasses here, I invested in laser eye surgery about the same time as I had my moustache removed.
Didn't you know that? :shock:
You're slipping BJ!

-- Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:17 pm --

shafique wrote:^Perhaps you should modify the nickname to Micro?

:D

Cheers,
Shafique

Look who showed up! DF's tubby insurance man! It's not a show with out Punch is it sunshine?

Cheers
BM
Bethsmum

:D You're still having problems with comprehension I see. But a bigger problem with a sense of humour failure.

(But to be fair, I think DJ could have put in a comma : "I suspect more people, now that you highlight it")

Capish?

[And I await, the " but you wrote it shafique - you're not fooling anyone" comments :D :D ]

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I am having problems but you correct the grammar?

Make your mind up fatty!

:lol: :lol:
Bethsmum

Untwist the knickers 'Micro' :D - you're the one that supposedly went on a comprehension skills course. ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:Untwist the knickers 'Micro' :D - you're the one that supposedly went on a comprehension skills course. ;)

Cheers,
Shafique

Does your wife know that you have a thing about my knickers fatty? :D :D
Bethsmum

shafique wrote:Untwist the knickers 'Micro' :D - you're the one that supposedly went on a comprehension skills course. ;)

Hope they had a money back policy because it didn't do her any good, in fact I think it got worse.
desertdudeshj

Well, it was one of these courses where everyone passes. Standards these days! :roll:

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

desertdudeshj wrote:

Hope they had a money back policy because it didn't do her any good, in fact I think it got worse.

Lessons in English from someone who can't string a sentence together! Whatever next?

-- Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:56 pm --

shafique wrote:Well, it was one of these courses where everyone passes. Standards these days! :roll:

Cheers,
Shafique

Well if you hadn't of passed I expect you'd have accused the examiners of racism :D
Bethsmum

Wow, you really should re-take the course BM. Major failure in comprehension there - DDS wasn't offering to teach you English. :D

Bethsmum wrote:I would find it hard to improve on an 'A' for English comprehension.

dubai-chat/freed-after-rap-t46892-15.html#p382838

I refer you to my previous comment about standards.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I suggest we have a seance!

Ian.....is there anyone there?
Bethsmum

Concord: Only me BM!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:Concord: Only me BM!!!

:drunken: :drunken: :drunken:

Bring me more chardonnay! LOL
Bethsmum

DearJohn wrote:
viking-warrior wrote:How very clever your reference to Polka is ...

Why thank you.

viking-warrior wrote:Some may get it, others not,

I suspect more people now that you highlight it

viking-warrior wrote: but if you have something to say to BM then why not use your inside info and say it to her directly instead of trying to look like a smart arse on here

IF I was to take advice on anything, then it would most certainly not come from someone who does not have the courage to communicate directly with me, nor any of the myriad of incompetent former employees or work colleagues in the UAE; none of whom have even a basic understanding of what they lack in the basic concepts of their daily tasks, let alone possess the depth of knowledge, education or experience to back up any talk with solid action; nor the courage to stand up and be heard

What you think you know is only an opinion , thats all.

As to escapism via DF, from someone who posts 200 odd times in 5 months to another who posts 500 times in 3 years - I'd suggest you do the math, but if you are a former colleague or employee then I think we both know that that would be asking a bit much, don't ya think !
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Facebook 'Rape' page to Stay! Oct 09, 2011
Bethsmum wrote:More people will now? :drunken:
Well I'm pleased that you have explained it as it was a load of bollocks on the first read.

Yes well if didn't understand it the first time I suppose its a lost cause Polka.
I didn't know about your comprehension course, maybe you ought to brush up a little. It would be embarrassing for you to make the same mistake at work. Shaf could certainly give you some pointers - he is right a comma was in order.

Bethsmum wrote: No need for glasses here, I invested in laser eye surgery about the same time as I had my moustache removed.
Didn't you know that? :shock:

You should have probably booked yourself in for a few other procedures at the same time Polka.

Bethsmum wrote: Look who showed up! DF's tubby insurance man!

People in glass houses. Chardonnay has an awful lot of calories Polka and it shows.

viking-warrior wrote: IF I was to take advice on anything, then it would most certainly not come from someone who does not have the courage to communicate directly with me,

Give us your number then or better yet we can meet. Are you in Dubai?

viking-warrior wrote: nor any of the myriad of incompetent former employees or work colleagues in the UAE; none of whom have even a basic understanding of what they lack in the basic concepts of their daily tasks, let alone possess the depth of knowledge, education or experience to back up any talk with solid action; nor the courage to stand up and be heard

Lot of anger there. Based on the five stages of loss and grief it looks like you are on stage 2. You will feel much better after Acceptance.

viking-warrior wrote: What you think you know is only an opinion , thats all.

That's just your opinion.

viking-warrior wrote: As to escapism via DF, from someone who posts 200 odd times in 5 months to another who posts 500 times in 3 years - I'd suggest you do the math, but if you are a former colleague or employee then I think we both know that that would be asking a bit much, don't ya think !

Escapism doesn't have to mean you post here everyday does it? VK only posts when there is trouble on the horizon - like Batman to the rescue. p<3n is posted, VK shows up. Damsel in distress, VK is back. What crisis will you lend your assistance to next? Maybe your own perhaps.
DearJohn
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Facebook 'Rape' Page To Stay! Oct 09, 2011
'looks like' not 'look like'. Just saying as you seem to be the grammar police.
patience
Dubai Forums Frequenter

DearJohn wrote:

viking-warrior wrote: IF I was to take advice on anything, then it would most certainly not come from someone who does not have the courage to communicate directly with me,

Give us your number then or better yet we can meet. Are you in Dubai?

You have the PM facility at your hand - send me your contact info and I will respond.

viking-warrior wrote: nor any of the myriad of incompetent former employees or work colleagues in the UAE; none of whom have even a basic understanding of what they lack in the basic concepts of their daily tasks, let alone possess the depth of knowledge, education or experience to back up any talk with solid action; nor the courage to stand up and be heard

DearJohn wrote:Lot of anger there. Based on the five stages of loss and grief it looks like you are on stage 2. You will feel much better after Acceptance.

It's clear you would love to believe that, and I'm tempted to feed your need to feel justified in your assumptions, but better to let you choke on your own cliches. I am way past any self-help plan and quietly getting on with life, thanks very much.

viking-warrior wrote: What you think you know is only an opinion , thats all.

DearJohn wrote:That's just your opinion.

So now you are a psychiatrist ? - responding to a statement with a null comment, brilliant ploy to evade the fact, that fact being you know nothing.

viking-warrior wrote: As to escapism via DF, from someone who posts 200 odd times in 5 months to another who posts 500 times in 3 years - I'd suggest you do the math, but if you are a former colleague or employee then I think we both know that that would be asking a bit much, don't ya think !

DearJohn wrote:Escapism doesn't have to mean you post here everyday does it? VK only posts when there is trouble on the horizon - like Batman to the rescue. p<3n is posted, VK shows up. Damsel in distress, VK is back. What crisis will you lend your assistance to next? Maybe your own perhaps.

You are going to have to expand on this "Crisis" that you believe you have some insight into, and whilst I appreciate that you want to paint a picture of being someone worried about everyone else's well being, I feel it only fair to add, and you can quote me on this one "I'm all right Jack !".

Based on my own extensive experience as an amateur psychologist (I watch Criminal Minds and Cracker ;) ) I think that you seem a little too willing to pick a fight from a distance whilst dancing a little jig in your one bed maisonette in International City singing "I know something you don't know", I can only presume that your repressed angst points to the fact that you were THAT kid at school ... yes we all know THAT kid :lol:

And finally, before I retire from this garbage, since when was a sense of common decency and decorum a value worth criticising?

If ever further evidence of a flawed personality was required there it is.
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

viking-warrior wrote: You have the PM facility at your hand - send me your contact info and I will respond.

I prefer to contact you if its all the same. You get some real wierdo's trawling the web. PM me when you are ready :D

viking-warrior wrote: I am way past any self-help plan and quietly getting on with life, thanks very much.

That doesn't come across too well. You should work on that.

viking-warrior wrote: So now you are a psychiatrist ? - responding to a statement with a null comment, brilliant ploy to evade the fact, that fact being you know nothing.

I watch Criminal Minds too :D but I think you are a few seasons ahead of me there, I didn't even realise the existence of my brilliant ploy.

viking-warrior wrote: You are going to have to expand on this "Crisis" that you believe you have some insight into,

So now you want me to play the psychiatrist? Well ok then.

viking-warrior wrote: whilst I appreciate that you want to paint a picture of being someone worried about everyone else's well being, I feel it only fair to add, and you can quote me on this one "I'm all right Jack !".

I thought stage 2 but it appears you are stuck in stage 1. Denial is quite ugly.

viking-warrior wrote: I think that you seem a little too willing to pick a fight from a distance

Is there any other way on an internet forum?

viking-warrior wrote: whilst dancing a little jig in your one bed maisonette in International City singing "I know something you don't know",

You imagined me dancing a little jig? How creative of you.
And dancing? Now that's imagination.
That song seems be right down your street. I mean you were smarter than everyone else you worked with and chose this outcome, right? Wow, now I am imagining you singing it, in the past that is.

viking-warrior wrote: I can only presume that your repressed angst points to the fact that you were THAT kid at school ... yes we all know THAT kid :lol:

Which kid is that? Is that the kid that thought he knew everything but didn't? Or is it that kid that was destined for great things but didn't amount to much? :D
DearJohn
Dubai forums Addict

The first step on the ladder of intelligent debate too much for your stumpy little legs or what ?

Read what you wrote, numpty.

Cutting and pasting lines of a forum, really, come on, step it up a notch, you surely did not sit up till 04:00 am to post that, did you ?

And whilst on the topic of poor writing you forgot to use ...

"Ohhhh, hit a nerve did I ????"

"If you don't like it you can always leave.... "

"Oooooo look at the pot calling the kettle black"

and other such gems.

The kid that I refer to is you, the one that smelled of wee, the one that everyone laughed at (not with), the one that the fat girl used to beat up, the one that would whisper behind peoples backs, whilst not having the nerve to say out loud what was on their twisted little minds, THAT kid.

PM when you get up the nerve, I'll be waiting

:)
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

The kid that I refer to is you, the one that smelled of wee, the one that everyone laughed at (not with), the one that the fat girl used to beat up, the one that would whisper behind peoples backs, whilst not having the nerve to say out loud what was on their twisted little minds, THAT kid.

PM when you get up the nerve, I'll be waiting

:)

I smell of wee now cos I PMSL. :lol:
patience
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat