Here We Go Again! Another Drunken Rape Case

Topic locked
Re: Here we go again! Another drunken rape case Apr 20, 2010
I think we should keep in mind that the reporting isn't a one on one story telling, so it can easily be missing a few pieces, which normally happens quite often in the media.

Its difficult to know from this story what was going on around her apartment.

But hey, women love speculation, so keep assuming. ;)

RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Bora Bora wrote:
gertrude wrote:she was distressed, violated, what other options had she, to be left alone in the middle of the desert?

Yes she claims that she was violated. But between her getting out of the car when HE brought her back home and letting HIM enter her apartment I'm sure she could have fled or screamed. Or was he holding a gun to her head? Gertrude, sometimes women cry "foul".

Her story just doesn't make sense nor did she show any sense by getting in the car with a complete stranger, unless, of course, chatting him up in the bar made them quick friends and she knew all she had to know which allowed her to trust him.

Most people know that if you get caught up in a situation while intoxicated, think twice before reporting it. The police are always going to look closer at the person who was drinking. And that's what is happening in this case. They see a woman who was drunk. There was nothing about the alleged rapist having been drinking. If she told the police the same story that was in the paper, they may just see where it is questionable.

If it was consensual s ex and drunk, would not it be suicidal to report it to the police as rape?
And if it was consensual why does she face prison for illegal s ex and not him?
The UAE is not the US or Europe where women can try to gain from a false accusation of rape.
gertrude
Dubai forums Addict

gertrude wrote: The UAE is not the US or Europe where women can try to gain from a false accusation of rape.

True, but they can create a sh*t storm for a guy by falsely claiming it.

:? :? :?

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Here we go again! Another drunken rape case Apr 21, 2010
gertrude wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
gertrude wrote:she was distressed, violated, what other options had she, to be left alone in the middle of the desert?

Yes she claims that she was violated. But between her getting out of the car when HE brought her back home and letting HIM enter her apartment I'm sure she could have fled or screamed. Or was he holding a gun to her head? Gertrude, sometimes women cry "foul".

Her story just doesn't make sense nor did she show any sense by getting in the car with a complete stranger, unless, of course, chatting him up in the bar made them quick friends and she knew all she had to know which allowed her to trust him.

Most people know that if you get caught up in a situation while intoxicated, think twice before reporting it. The police are always going to look closer at the person who was drinking. And that's what is happening in this case. They see a woman who was drunk. There was nothing about the alleged rapist having been drinking. If she told the police the same story that was in the paper, they may just see where it is questionable.

If it was consensual s ex and drunk, would not it be suicidal to report it to the police as rape?
And if it was consensual why does she face prison for illegal s ex and not him?
The UAE is not the US or Europe where women can try to gain from a false accusation of rape.

she was drunk right? if she wasnt able to evaluate the consequences of going out there with a stranger, would have she been capable of thinking rationally on what she was getting into by going to the police? :roll:
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Well as Bora rightly says there are lots of holes in the story. So I really don't know what to believe. Just wait and watch it play out I guess.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

raidah wrote:she was drunk right? if she wasnt able to evaluate the consequences of going out there with a stranger, would have she been capable of thinking rationally on what she was getting into by going to the police? :roll:

If that were the case, assuming she was so drunk that her thinking process was disabled, do you think she was thinking rationally and being credible when making the report in that the facts were accurate? :roll:

How drunk is drunk? Drunk runs from being tipsy to being totally inebriated to the point of passing out. Since we really don't know what really happened, other than what was printed, her story has holes in it, e.g., being raped a second time in her apartment.

Possibly her thought process was so disabled that she must have thought she was in the UK where there isn't any fallout from being drunk? :roll:

I don't get why the UAE allows liquor, which generates considerable revenue, and then when someone drinks and gets caught up in a situation they can be arrested for being drunk and being drunk becomes the major crime and the events that transpired become secondary, but it is what it is. People know that in Dubai getting drunk can cause a problem, I'm sure she didn't arrive the day before and was unaware of the drink laws here.

Again, if what she alleges did happen, it is horrible that she was violated, but IMO her story just doesn't hold up.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Here we go again! Another drunken rape case Apr 24, 2010
Annnd another one:

http://www.7days.ae/storydetails.php?id ... e%20desert

I actually had to read and compare this a few times to check it wasn't the same story.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Here We Go Again! Another Drunken Rape Case Apr 24, 2010
Oh no this reeks of even more stupidity. She gets a wrong number, then invites him over to her hotel and then goes with him alone ? Jeez woman. Atleast the last woman was drunk !
desertdudeshj

Re: Here we go again! Another drunken rape case Apr 24, 2010
Yeah I really don't understand these girls going off with strange men, some people are so naive.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

They must be lonely women feeling attracted to Arab complexion and credit cards. Do all those victimized women happen to be Eastern Europeans? :D

Place your bets please. I'm the booky on this one. ;)
RobbyG

RobbyG wrote:They must be lonely women feeling attracted to Arab complexion and credit cards. Do all those victimized women happen to be Eastern Europeans? :D

Place your bets please. I'm the booky on this one. ;)

Who knows the reasons why. But as I said before, I suspect we're going to be reading about alot more of these incidents.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Here We Go Again! Another Drunken Rape Case Apr 25, 2010
No Khabibi they only only take cash, One khundred only ! :D
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:No Khabibi they only only take cash, One khundred only ! :D

Thats cheap! 100 Dhs, man thats only a sucky sucky here in Holland. :D
RobbyG

So I guess its no point in visiting holland then eh ? too much exbensive !

Your ho's gotta pay taxes :D
desertdudeshj

You got it, Mr. Squirt Eleven :lol:
RobbyG

Man you dutch are all the same ! :D I just found out my neighbour of almost a year is dutch I always thought the dude was a brit ( limey accent and all ! ) I dont think I can't be friends with my neighbour any more ! :D
desertdudeshj

Can or can't be friends?

You repell him or you love him. Whats it gonna be? ;)
RobbyG

oops sorry typo. I meant was I can no longer be friends with him anymore. See G what you did ! You spoiled the reputation of all the cloggers everywhere !

Anyways he's alright and a good laugh, although he has a very naughty past !
desertdudeshj

Man, I'm promoting cloggies in Dubai here.

What about his past? Did he sell cloggers with white for a living? ;)
RobbyG

Re: Here we go again! Another drunken rape case Apr 28, 2010
Hello Robbie G , how are things ? How are you keeping?
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Here We Go Again! Another Drunken Rape Case Apr 28, 2010
You got PM ;)
RobbyG

Re: Here We Go Again! Another Drunken Rape Case Apr 28, 2010
Really I see nothing new or got any notification and my Inbox isn't even full
desertdudeshj

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat