Don't Believe Everything You Read

Topic locked
don't believe everything you read Jun 15, 2011
how many of you here actually believe everything they read or hear in the news if you didn't actually witness it yourself? I've come to the point were i don't believe nothing anymore until i have heard it with me own ears or witnessed it with my own eyes, i could only imagine how much wrong we could do someone for something he probably didn't do or have done in a way other than what we have been told. weather it was a person, group of people, an organization or even a whole nation. there are always two sides for a story, and we normally only get to hear it from one side. but hey, that's probably just me :)

general_A
Dubai forums Addict

Re: don't believe everything you read Jun 15, 2011
Isn't not believing anything you read or hear though just as drastic though?

I personally just take everything with a grain of salt * i think that's how the saying is* until/if it can be proven true/false.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

general_A wrote:how many of you here actually believe everything they read or hear in the news if you didn't actually witness it yourself? I've come to the point were i don't believe nothing anymore until i have heard it with me own ears or witnessed it with my own eyes, i could only imagine how much wrong we could do someone for something he probably didn't do or have done in a way other than what we have been told. weather it was a person, group of people, an organization or even a whole nation. there are always two sides for a story, and we normally only get to hear it from one side. but hey, that's probably just me :)

I never believe anything I read unless it's in The Daily Mail and then I know I can trust it. :D
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Bethsmum wrote:
general_A wrote:how many of you here actually believe everything they read or hear in the news if you didn't actually witness it yourself? I've come to the point were i don't believe nothing anymore until i have heard it with me own ears or witnessed it with my own eyes, i could only imagine how much wrong we could do someone for something he probably didn't do or have done in a way other than what we have been told. weather it was a person, group of people, an organization or even a whole nation. there are always two sides for a story, and we normally only get to hear it from one side. but hey, that's probably just me :)

I never believe anything I read unless it's in The Daily Mail and then I know I can trust it. :D

riiiiiiight :lol:
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

bushra21 wrote:Isn't not believing anything you read or hear though just as drastic though?

I personally just take everything with a grain insert pinch of salt * i think that's how the saying is* until/if it can be proven true/false.
spellcheckergirl
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Don't Believe Everything You Read Jun 15, 2011
Thanks! I couldn't remember how the saying went in English :)
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

spellcheckgirl, give it a rest hey, not everyones first language is English!

As for the original question, no not really. There will be an element of truth, but many stories are full of spin and sensationalism to sell papers.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Don't Believe Everything You Read Jun 15, 2011
I'd say 30 % truth, 30% out of context and 40% spin.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat