Libya - Gaddafi Is Totally Nuts!

Topic locked
Libya - Gaddafi is totally nuts! Feb 22, 2011
It seems that as the people rise against each dictator they are becoming harder to remove. Ben Ali went reasonably quickly, Mubarak looked liked he wouldn't shift but then eventually did and now Gaddafi is taking it to new lengths by hiring mercenaries to attack his own people, firing on them from planes, etc, etc.

After all that he appears on TV for a 20 sec statement which can only be described as completely odd. I have always thought that Gaddafi was brain damaged but what is the purpose of this address while seated partially in a car and holding an umbrella?

Looks like he may only relinquish power once dead - what do you think?

JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Libya - Gaddafi Is Totally Nuts! Feb 22, 2011
Well it looks like he has to go. he can't kill all 6 million people and they are not going to give up.

But what a stone hearted criminal he is!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Libya - Gaddafi is totally nuts! Feb 22, 2011
20 seconds? He was rambling on for ages! I was laughing out loud at the translator. Sadly that's the sign of a true dictator, he'll refuse to go until another government persuades him that it's in his best interest to go. Nothing surprises me with this guy to be honest.
Akasha
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Libya - Gaddafi Is Totally Nuts! Feb 22, 2011
Yes, the brief appearance was odd as he is known to ramble for at least an hour - as he did in his second statement.

"Over my dead body" comes to mind. I just hope other countries don't get involved. What a storm that would be.

That man is heartless and ruthless. Very tribal mentality and he even mentioned he was a bedouin and talked about the tribes. What's going on with him and his sons reminds me of Saddam Hussein and his sons.

-- Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:53 pm --

Akasha wrote:20 seconds? He was rambling on for ages! I was laughing out loud at the translator. Sadly that's the sign of a true dictator, he'll refuse to go until another government persuades him that it's in his best interest to go. Nothing surprises me with this guy to be honest.

His first statement was 20 seconds when he announced he wasn't in Venezuela. It was the second statement that he rambled on and on and on. I agree, the translator was having trouble keeping up and there were huge gaps in the translation.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Libya - Gaddafi is totally nuts! Feb 22, 2011
Oh sorry I didn't see the first statement, but was highly amused at the long drawn out one. And basically him stating that he will execute anyone who does anything against him, the country or others.

Libya has always been one of those countries that could go either way at anytime.
Akasha
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Libya - Gaddafi Is Totally Nuts! Feb 23, 2011
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Libya - Gaddafi is totally nuts! Feb 23, 2011
I think he needs to publish the name of his plastic surgeon so we ladies can avoid him!

Is it only me who thinks he looks like Mickey Rourke?
Bethsmum

Re: Libya - Gaddafi is totally nuts! Feb 23, 2011
Wasn't he once voted one of the world's best looking men? Yikes - nooooo thank you.
Akasha
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Libya - Gaddafi Is Totally Nuts! Feb 23, 2011
Really ! Leatherface best looking man, not even best looking dictator me thinks.

Makes you wonder though why Mubarak took such a long time after the revolt started to address the nation. Took him all that time to come up with his crap which atleast was understanable. Gaddafi on the other hand just starts dribbling.

Seems like public speaking wasn't part of the program at Dictator School
desertdudeshj

Re: Libya - Gaddafi is totally nuts! Feb 24, 2011
He does look scary - as others have pointed out, a poster boy for the dangers of plastic surgery!

Old fools making fools of themselves can be funny, but when they are dictators who can order the killings of opponents, there's nothing funny there.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk