America Is Not Libya`s Best Friend

Topic locked
america is not Libya`s best friend Aug 21, 2009
Abdul Baset Ali al-Megrahi flies home to hero’s welcome

The Lockerbie bomber flew out of Britain yesterday as a dying man deserving of compassion — and landed in Libya a national hero.

A crowd of thousands, many waving Scottish flags, gathered at Tripoli airport to welcome Abdul Baset Ali al-Megrahi as he stepped down from Colonel Muammar Gaddafi’s private jet to the strains of patriotic music.

The US Attorney-General said that it did not serve the interests of justice and families of the American victims were outraged. President Obama said: “We are now in contact with the Libyan Government

nostradamus
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 22, 2009
I am amazed by the hypocrisy of the Americans, people and government. I was reading on the website of the French newspaper Le Monde an article about William Calley. An American colonel who killed 504 innocent civilians, most of them unarmed old people, in a vietnamese village. He was condemned to a life sentence. But guess what he was freed 3 years later in 1974. Not on a compassion grounds BUT JUST ON INTERVENTION OF PRESIDENT NIXON.
How can you speak up if you free your criminal soldiers if they kill non americans???

http://www.france24.com/20090822-cia-us ... nfo-report
crusader 1
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 25, 2009
crusader 1 wrote:I am amazed by the hypocrisy of the Americans, people and government. I was reading on the website of the French newspaper Le Monde an article about William Calley. An American colonel who killed 504 innocent civilians, most of them unarmed old people, in a vietnamese village. He was condemned to a life sentence. But guess what he was freed 3 years later in 1974. Not on a compassion grounds BUT JUST ON INTERVENTION OF PRESIDENT NIXON.
How can you speak up if you free your criminal soldiers if they kill non americans???

http://www.france24.com/20090822-cia-us ... nfo-report

But Nixon didn't send his private jet to collect Col Calley and bring him home to a ticket tape parade for everyone to celebrate did he?

I support the release of Abdul Baset Ali al-Megrahi,
but I am saddened by the response from the Libyan goverment and it's people who are celebrating terrorism.

Why give the Americans more to complain about?
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 25, 2009
What is even more shocking is the silence after 40+ views, the same way the rest of the arab world has reacted.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 25, 2009
benwj wrote:What is even more shocking is the silence after 40+ views, the same way the rest of the arab world has reacted.

Dude, Arabs have long stopped commenting about Ghadhaffi or Libya.
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 25, 2009
A lot of people including family members of the lockerbie bombing say Megarhi is innocent and the evidence is vague at best linking him to the bombings.

Megarhi was convicted in a very hap hazard way in the political climate that was there right after 9/11 and probally released also due to some oil for blood deals. As Gaddafi very openly thanked a lot of people this possible.

As to wheter he was really guilty or not we will never know, but if he truly was guilty then he deserves to die for his crimes. No compassion for such or even life sentence, he was lucky that scotland doesn't enforce the death penalty
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk