A Question For Arniegang?

Topic locked
A question for Arniegang? Nov 10, 2010
A question for Arniegang?

For what reason has BM attracted a 24Hr ban? I ask for the purpose of clarity for myself and other forum members, it was obvious from Chocoholic’s response she felt it was a derogatory remark, regardless of the ‘Very Happy’ Smiley or was the reason because it was simply off topic?

Additionally, a question for DesertDudeSHJ, after talking openly about your recent weight gain and making light of the subject with a smiley in your conversation with Chocs, did you find the following comment by BM, Offensive or Funny?

I understand there has been discussion on the Forum regarding changes in moderating guidelines and procedures, if this is part of these changes I think it would be a good idea to publish the changes somewhere so everyone knows exactly what’s happening on the Forum.

24 Hours without BM! :shock: How on earth am I going to cope? :lol:

Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: A question for Arniegang? Nov 10, 2010
Dillon wrote:A question for Arniegang?

For what reason has BM attracted a 24Hr ban? I ask for the purpose of clarity for myself and other forum members, it was obvious from Chocoholic’s response she felt it was a derogatory remark, regardless of the ‘Very Happy’ Smiley or was the reason because it was simply off topic?

Additionally, a question for DesertDudeSHJ, after talking openly about your recent weight gain and making light of the subject with a smiley in your conversation with Chocs, did you find the following comment by BM, Offensive or Funny?

I understand there has been discussion on the Forum regarding changes in moderating guidelines and procedures, if this is part of these changes I think it would be a good idea to publish the changes somewhere so everyone knows exactly what’s happening on the Forum.

24 Hours without BM! :shock: How on earth am I going to cope? :lol:

No problem i am happy to respond Dillion.

Beside the post you mentioned, she was rude and made other personal comments in another thread. Like Bora and you Dillion i am absolutely fed up people posting off topic just to abusive someone. If this continues and BM doesnt take heed from this, i can change the ban period to 7 days or longer if they prefer. I have also had 2 complains by PM about BM.

And this applies to everyone including you and bora. I am getting daily pm's complaining about a small minority of you, that causes most of the trouble and upset in General.

Just for info as i am only one here with Admin Privilges when i do a 7 days or more i also block the ip most used by the person in question. So like with other forums people banned can re register with a new username. On DF the ban includes their ip so when they go, they go with no return.

I am not asking anyone the impossible, all people need is keep on topic, cut out the squabbles, stop the personal attacks and baiting others. Its quite simple.

If anyone who needs to make a complaint or have got any construction to say about Moderation or DF then please feel to pm either me or Sage. All pms received will treated in the utmost confidential on our part.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dillon wrote:Additionally, a question for DesertDudeSHJ, after talking openly about your recent weight gain and making light of the subject with a smiley in your conversation with Chocs, did you find the following comment by BM, Offensive or Funny?

As for these short timeouts in the naughty corner are way overdue IHMO, for the record AG didn't ban her because she lobbed an insult at him but me instead, although Ididn't report ot complain about it. Although I knew she was just joking about it and didn't offend me one bit, but in civil society you do have to put a leash on how you behave. Me and BM have no repo or connection and are not friends at all, so was out of order. I use worse launguage with my friends and vice versa.

and to add to that as she herself knows I totally ignore her but still jumps up and down for attention looking to start something everynow and then. I see no harm is using cuss words among friends after all we are all adults, but as mentioned we are not friends, far from it.
AG had enough and took a stand and I'm all for it.
desertdudeshj

Consistancy hopefully will be the theme?

To be honest after yesterdays discussions, the mods had already talked themselves into banning someone, and yes there were a few favourites probably wearing the "newbie tag" as its been named.

There has been far worse said than what BM quoted and as I read it in a jokular fashin.

Nuff said.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Re: A question for Arniegang? Nov 11, 2010
drewpeacock wrote:Consistancy hopefully will be the theme?

To be honest after yesterdays discussions, the mods had already talked themselves into banning someone, and yes there were a few favourites probably wearing the "newbie tag" as its been named.

There has been far worse said than what BM quoted and as I read it in a jokular fashin.

Nuff said.

It's a joke Drew. Dnt take anytin said at facevalue.....

Ego's here are mighty fragile. And that's all it comes down too.

Can't wait to see BM return and dish out her now legendary wit. 8) 8)
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nuff said.

you will soon find i do not pick on or target any particular group on here whether new or old etc. And yes this person who has joined BM on a short holiday often makes comments and thinks is ok to say she wants too as long as it justified by adding that it was humour.
arniegang

Misery Called Life wrote:

Nuff said.

lets hope her wit is confirmed to that - wit. If not she will go on a DF holiday for 7 days
arniegang

Re: A Question For Arniegang? Nov 11, 2010
your majesty, do we have the permission to comment or this is one of your personal conversations that others have to "butt out"?
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

melika969 wrote:your majesty, do we have the permission to comment or this is one of your personal conversations that others have to "butt out"?

:sign5: Your majesty? That was hilarious Mel :lol: :lol:
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

You may speak child

desertdudeshj

melika969 wrote:your majesty, do we have the permission to comment or this is one of your personal conversations that others have to "butt out"?

My comment was deleted, and I thought it was supportive.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

dubaidog wrote:

Supportive of who? that s important! :lol:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

arniegang wrote:
Misery Called Life wrote:

Nuff said.

lets hope her wit is confirmed to that - wit. If not she will go on a DF holiday for 7 days

Noooooo dnt take her away for 7 days...
shee need to take a good look at this :bootyshake: after Manu U beat the City tonit........ :lol:
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

melika969 wrote:
dubaidog wrote:

Supportive of who? that s important! :lol:

Not supportive of any person (well, maybe BM a bit). I was just saying that the flame wars are getting tiresome. Personal attacks are getting dull, and TBH, I can't even remember who is fighting with whom.I suggested we stick to slagging each other's religion and morals. (with an lol, of course)
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Amen to that brother.
desertdudeshj

dubaidog wrote:

DD i got what thead you are meaning now. No mate, me or sage have not your removed a post by you. In fact this new forum now stops us bining a post or a thread immediately. It now "soft removes" and anything we removes now remains in thread but highlighted pink and stays for a few day.s However, this can only be seen by any Mod. Nothing by you in pink mate so i have to assume it didn't post.
arniegang

oohhhhhhhhhhh after i posted up my previous post i seen a post by you that was posted 30 mins ago. It wasn't there before i started the post. It was posted at 1.30ish am - about 30 mins ago :shock:

Dont get whats happening here DD? Is this post the one you think was removed???
arniegang

arniegang wrote:oohhhhhhhhhhh after i posted up my previous post i seen a post by you that was posted 30 mins ago. It wasn't there before i started the post. It was posted at 1.30ish am - about 30 mins ago :shock:

Dont get whats happening here DD? Is this post the one you think was removed???

Nah, probably just hit the wrong button and it did not post. I reposted the gist of what I wrote on the previous page, so if it was modded, it would have been re-modded, but it is still there. My laptop is a bit poorly since the "vino incident"...so the keyboard and mouse are not 100%. Should not have jumped to conclusions. Just ironic that it was a moderation thread! All good, carry on with the discipline!
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

arniegang wrote:

Nuff said.

you will soon find i do not pick on or target any particular group on here whether new or old etc. And yes this person who has joined BM on a short holiday often makes comments and thinks is ok to say she wants too as long as it justified by adding that it was humour.

So who else attracted the ban? you should publish a rogues gallery and start a competition :lol:
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dillon wrote:So who else attracted the ban? you should publish a rogues gallery and start a competition :lol:

What do you think Dillon? Who is the other "she" who recieved the threat?
actually how many of the active members u didnt see any post of them since last night? :lol:

Hey Drew, just wanted to point out that this decision was not taken by talking among the Mods. It is one or two person's decision. Actually if it was 10 days ago I would highly support banning BM, but for her yesterday post, I think it was a joke too.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Well I'm afraid that certain people seem to post nasty comments under the guise of sarcasm or humour, but it's not to difficult to see that the intention to be mean is actually there.

I am so tired of the same 2 or 3 people trashing every single thread, just so they can bash one another.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Bora has not been around for 23 hours or so.

Are you also in the sin bin Bora?

-- Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:54 am --

melika969 wrote:
Dillon wrote:So who else attracted the ban? you should publish a rogues gallery and start a competition :lol:

What do you think Dillon? Who is the other "she" who recieved the threat?
actually how many of the active members u didnt see any post of them since last night? :lol:

Hey Drew, just wanted to point out that this decision was not taken by talking among the Mods. It is one or two person's decision. Actually if it was 10 days ago I would highly support banning BM, but for her yesterday post, I think it was a joke too.

Melika, I agree, I think the BM comment was said jokingly and not intended to be offensive.

The 24 hour ban I think, and only in my opinion that this is a typical knee jerk reaction to the tone of a particular thread on moderation. The finger was waiting to be pressed on the ban button.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Yes from what I can gather Bora was also sent to the naughty chair.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Well I'm afraid that certain people seem to post nasty comments under the guise of sarcasm or humour, but it's not to difficult to see that the intention to be mean is actually there.

I am so tired of the same 2 or 3 people trashing every single thread, just so they can bash one another.

It would be useful and in the interest of others to know exactly what you mean by trashing before other bans are handed out to those who are ignorant as to the line that could be crossed.

There are forumers here that have known each other for years, and others (newbie) who are getting to know the level of tolerance that an individual forumer will not take offence.

-- Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:58 am --

Chocoholic wrote:Yes from what I can gather Bora was also sent to the naughty chair.

Shame, Im sure we can all do better.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Thread trashing is basically taking a thread OFF TOPIC, usually for the sole purpose of bashing another poster. Sure threads go off on tangents, but for the same members to constantly take an interesting thread off topic just to have a go at one another is beyond pathetic.

Either contribute or don't say anything.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Misery Called Life wrote:Noooooo dnt take her away for 7 days...
shee need to take a good look at this :bootyshake: after Manu U beat the City tonit........ :lol:

I thought I heard on the radio that the match was goaless!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Tom Jones wrote:
Misery Called Life wrote:Noooooo dnt take her away for 7 days...

I thought I heard on the radio that the match was goaless!!

8) 8)

Thats the result I saw as well, maybe MCL trying to get Big Mama going, :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I'm going to address some of the points raised about me and I'll start at the bottom and work up. Sage, isn't it about time you grew up? Big Mama? I was banned for calling someone a name yesterday, how do you get off so lightly? I can see you are still lusting after my child bearing hips but Sagey BM wouldn't even give you one out of sympathy. I have asked Arnie if you call me a name I can respond, but then again I grew out of that in Year 6.
I have to say thanks to Dillon for giving Arnie the opportunity to respond his query about my banning. And thanks to Drew, who I think has hit the nail on the head.
I would also like to say thanks to Mel, who realises that my post to DDS was made in jest, If anyone realises how vile I can really be, it's her and I can assure everyone that if I intended to be vile to DDS I would have made a better job than that.
To MCL, yes it was a draw so showing me your bottom has misfired. Did you see the match, there was handbags at 10 paces between Tevez and Rafeal, so much for the south americans, I turned over to see Joey Barton from Newcastle United scupper his chances of returning to the England team by punching his opponent squarely in the chest. We don't mess about up north.
Chocs, you really need to stop being such a hypocrite, stop going off topic? It was only last week when I commented on the video at Heathrow that you suggested I be blasted into space. Was that not slightly off topic? If I were you I'd get a DVD telling you how to achieve a sense of humour, rather than improving your abs, as no matter how good one looks if there's nothing inside to back it up, you are a non starter. I'll put that down to your youth.
And DDS, coming limping in from his moral high ground. It's ok to call friends names? Are you for real? How do you explain your reference to me as Chubs or to Drew as the C0ck? I must have missed the hand of friendship extended to us both.
And DD, I don't fight, these are just words on a forum.
I hope I've addressed most, but if I've missed anyone, I apologise. This may be my last post depending on how it's viewed by Arnie.
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:And DD, I don't fight, these are just words on a forum.

Agreed. Welcome back! You didn't miss much.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Thanks DD but for how long is anyone's guess.
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat