RIP Arniegang

Topic locked
Re: RIP Arniegang Dec 20, 2010
Hi everyone, Its Mrs Arniegang (Lorna) thanks for the kind thoughts at this sad time its much appreciated. As a lot of you know im slightly computer illiterate but Paul had left Dubai Forums in favourites on my laptop, and this guided me to your kind messages.

Love to you all maybe i will hit Dubai again one day, and join up with some of you once again!

arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Thank you Mrs AG and once again our deepest condolences to you and rest of the family in these testing times.
desertdudeshj

arniegang wrote:Hi everyone, Its Mrs Arniegang (Lorna) thanks for the kind thoughts at this sad time its much appreciated. As a lot of you know im slightly computer illiterate but Paul had left Dubai Forums in favourites on my laptop, and this guided me to your kind messages.

Love to you all maybe i will hit Dubai again one day, and join up with some of you once again!

Ah, Lorna, bless you. All the crap that is going on with me that we discussed at Sage's BBQ seems so insignificant now. NOW I am moved to tears and going to give Mrs. DD a smooch while she sleeps. Thanks for taking the time to meet a guy (me) that I'm sure you only heard Paul bang on about! He was a first class guy, but I still blame him for me moving here! lol

Mine and the Mrs.'s condolences. There is always space at our dinner table for you.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

arniegang wrote:Hi everyone, Its Mrs Arniegang (Lorna) thanks for the kind thoughts at this sad time its much appreciated. As a lot of you know im slightly computer illiterate but Paul had left Dubai Forums in favourites on my laptop, and this guided me to your kind messages.

Hi Lorna,

Thanks for taking the time to send this lovely message.

We look forward to seeing you at our BBQ in the future.

All our love and best wishes.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Ahhh thank you Lorna for stopping by. I hope you and the young-uns are ok. Hugs and best wishes.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Maybe the little DJ will still be making the odd appearance courtesy of Mrs Arnie?

Thanks for popping in and we all hope to see you in the sunshine at some point in the future. As you know, the wine is always chilled at Baskervillas.

S&O: I tried to SMS you as well, must be that steam powered Nokia of yours.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

fair play to you my love...

i wish you all the strength in the world!!

Gezza x
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Dear Lorna,

Again, my condolences to you and your family. I admire the strength you have as I did Paul's strength.

I am sure you have an abundance of wonderful memories to cherish. I'm sure Paul lived life to its fullest and his love for his family was endless.

May God embrace you and yours during this time.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Benwj:

Tasteless.

We tracked down the culprit in that spurious announcement.

This is not a joke.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Knight
Dubai Knight

No unfortunately it isn't a joke, unlike this example of the lengths that arniegang went to concerning another member.
benwj

benwj wrote:No unfortunately it isn't a joke, unlike this example of the lengths that arniegang went to concerning another member.

Dubai Forums and many of its members have lost a dear friend in Arniegang, please let him rest in peace.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sorry to anyone that was offended.

The thread is an example of how, in the context of this forum, arniegang went to great lengths, well beyond the call of any moderator, to determine the wellbeing of one of its members.

Once again, sorry. please delete my post.
benwj

benwj wrote:Sorry to anyone that was offended.

The thread is an example of how, in the context of this forum, arniegang went to great lengths, well beyond the call of any moderator, to determine the wellbeing of one of its members.

Once again, sorry. please delete my post.

I understand what you mean, benwj. After having a scan, he really did go above and beyond the call of duty in that case. Wow.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

No worries benwj, we get it now that you've explained what you meant to point out with that thread link.

I feel so emotional reading that thread again. Paul, you are missed :cry:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

I'm not even going to open the link but I'm guessing this was the one about when sniper420 when missing ? Just goes to show how concerned he was for everyone, truly the father figure of this forum.
desertdudeshj

Re: RIP Arniegang Dec 22, 2010
So kind of you Lorna to write to us during this difficult time.

I know it must have been a very, very hard year for you and the kids.

My deepest sympathy, and may God give you and the little ones the strength to carry on thru this painful period and beyond.

God bless his soul. He was a very kind man, and will always be remembered and missed by his family and friends!!

Tom
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: RIP Arniegang Dec 27, 2010
Very sorry to hear the (unfortunate) news.

RIP Arnie/Paul

The rest of you, hope you are all well.
dresden
Dubai chat master

Re: RIP Arniegang Dec 27, 2010
dresden wrote:Very sorry to hear the (unfortunate) news.

RIP Arnie/Paul

The rest of you, hope you are all well.

Hey Dres, how are you. You've been missed. Hope all is well and a very, very happy New Year to you.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: RIP Arniegang Dec 28, 2010
RIP. All the best to his family.

52 is just too young...
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: RIP Arniegang Jan 15, 2011
Well I don't often venture to these parts anymore, but was just having a quick look and saw this very very sad news.
I was lucky enough to meet Arnigang back in 2006 when he convinced me to come to Dubai for the DF meet (I think it was the first one). Despite never having met me before, he came and picked me up from the airport, sorted me accommodation, insisted that I spent time with him and his lovely wife Lorna before the meet - he was just a very very genuinely lovely man.
I know that often when people die, you'll get all sorts of people popping up saying how lovely they were, and often it feels a little false (don't speak ill of the dead and all that), but in Paul's case, he was a really really nice, trusting, kind man who I feel incredibly lucky to have met.
Last spoke to him in September - he wanted us to meet up, despite him being quite ill at the time - we never did meet up, and I'm really sorry that we never had that chance.
My thoughts go out to Lorna and the rest of his family.
Rest in peace old friend.

Regards,

Nigel
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Re: RIP Arniegang Jan 15, 2011
You came all the way from the UK for a DF meet? Wow!

Why don't you hang around? Whens the next DF meet?
benwj

Re: RIP Arniegang May 15, 2011
Just read the unfortunate news that Arnie/Paul has passed. My condoleances to everyone affected by this early departure. May he rest in peace.

I just went back to read the PM communication I received from Paul. A warming individual. He will be remembered.

Regards Rob
RobbyG

Re: RIP Arniegang Aug 26, 2013
I was just browsing and was curious what happened to some ex members and was SHOCKED to read this news. Paul was a great businessman and was knowledgeable person in real estate. I loved his candor and understand how his family feels as I lost my dad due to lung cancer earlier this year. Very painful as is any death. I know you are in better place Paul as you have gone out of your way to help others, the universe will do same to you.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat