A Question For Arniegang?

Topic locked
Re: A question for Arniegang? Nov 12, 2010
well if I recall BM, the post of yours which I replied to had already taken the post off topic in the first place, so no discussion on that front really.

You just need to reel it in a bit and stop baiting people and having a go at others.

It really is beyond tiresome.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:well if I recall BM, the post of yours which I replied to had already taken the post off topic in the first place, so no discussion on that front really.

You just need to reel it in a bit and stop baiting people and having a go at others.

Chocs, if you really are that tired, you could just ignore this one and did not answer... because this will lead to another reply, others will comment... don't you agree? 8)
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

I have the right to reply to the original query Mel, therefore I will. But I shall not be entertaining anymore silliness from certain people.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: A Question For Arniegang? Nov 12, 2010
Of course you have the right. Others have the right to reply when sth is being said abt them too. but then it might be tiresome to you when they reply such inquiries.

well it's ur choice, I just gave a suggestion.. :)
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Duly noted, but as you said - it's my choice.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:well if I recall BM, the post of yours which I replied to had already taken the post off topic in the first place, so no discussion on that front really.

I take it I am allowed to reply to this?
Ok, I will go ahead. Firstly commenting on the Heathrow video that I thought it was hearwarming but that personally I wouldn't want to be filmed after a long haul flight is not off topic in my humble opinion. Saying someone should be blasted into space is, is it not?
I'm terribly sorry but I hadn't realised this was the Me Myself And I Forum. You find it tiresome? what an awful shame.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

BM, you are obviously disliked more than the britsh home office, which is quite an achievement.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Benwj
You would be surprised at the messages of support I have had, but I won't disclose them here as discretion is my middle name :wink: I am like Marmite, you either love me or hate me, apparently there is no middle ground.
Bethsmum

You mean good in small doses... overpowering... salty? :lol:
I like vegemite myself
benwj

Whatever you want benwj, the mind is a wonderful thing.
Bethsmum

Re: A question for Arniegang? Nov 13, 2010
Werll one minor indescretion doesn't negate the fact that you dear BM have taen numerosu threads off topic, ina bid to cause fights and what not with other members.

You might well have had messages of support, but quite frankly the mods have also had numerous complaints about you and the other culprits who basically turn threads into a bashing ground.

So you can either lump it, or has been suggested go and find another sandpit to play in.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: A Question For Arniegang? Nov 13, 2010
benwj wrote:You mean good in small doses... overpowering... salty? :lol:
I like vegemite myself

Vegemite is for Sheila's, Marmite puts hairs on your chest!

:lol:
Dillon

Chocoholic wrote:Werll one minor indescretion doesn't negate the fact that you dear BM have taen numerosu threads off topic, ina bid to cause fights and what not with other members.

You might well have had messages of support, but quite frankly the mods have also had numerous complaints about you and the other culprits who basically turn threads into a bashing ground.

So you can either lump it, or has been suggested go and find another sandpit to play in.

Chocs I have to say that you are also guilty of what you accuse me of. You have obviously taken exception to the fact that not everyone appears to dislike me. You are now suggesting I conform to your rules or go and play elsewhere. Dummy and pram spring to mind.
Bethsmum

Morning BM. :) Thank you for the lovely assortment of wine. :wink:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:Morning BM. :) Thank you for the lovely assortment of wine. :wink:

My pleasure Bora, I'm a caring sharing sort of girl. :D
Bethsmum

Bora Bora wrote:Morning BM. :) Thank you for the lovely assortment of wine. :wink:

:shock: :drunken: Wine give-away?!?!?
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Oh, no. This is something you earn and you can only do that by making your way to the naughty seat. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Chocoholic wrote:Werll one minor indescretion doesn't negate the fact that you dear BM have taen numerosu threads off topic, ina bid to cause fights and what not with other members.

Chocs I have has time to ponder your post and as you have said in the past, it is everyone's right to comment so I hope you don't consider this the baiting you refer to. In the grand scheme of things there are very few regular posters here yet you refer to numerous complaints about me. It really isn't all that hard to work out who these numerous complaints were from. In all my time on different forums I can honestly say never once have I ever made a complaint about words posted on an internet forum. I can only imagine that these complainers have led very sheltered lives if they can be upset so much about anything I have said here. I truely hope that their lives continue along this sheltered route. For the record I would like to say that the only comment I have made that would justify a complaint was to Mel.
Now to my second point. You say I bait people. Can I just remind you that when I was having exchanges with Bora in the early days, you actively encouraged me. I think you know what I am refering to but I can remind you if you wish. You see my memory is like my backside (apparantly) huge. Why the U-turn?
Bethsmum

@ BM.

Numerous as in many individuals, or numerous as in multiples by a few? For the record, I can't be included either way. Never have, never will. 8)

Although "justification" was based on numerous complaints it boiled down to one or 2 people making numerous complaints. But no one here lives in a glass house and everyone has skeltons in their closet. Just saying. Sometimes it's best to let people think you believe them than argue with them when you know the truth, because speaking the truth will only escalate one's denial.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

I know Bora, but I just want it on the record so to speak. You should know by now I am just a plain speaker.

-- Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:20 pm --

dubaidog wrote:

:shock: :drunken: Wine give-away?!?!?

DD I don't think you can be trusted with my rather expensive wine, You seem to throw it over your laptop!
Bethsmum

Can you all "let it go" now please. You have put your points well, but now its going in circles.
arniegang

"Let it go" AG thats one phrase that does not exist in most womens dictionary !

Let them be and gossip their hearts out.
desertdudeshj

Arnie, in all due respect. There is no name calling, no cursing, no flames being thrown, no baiting, no bashing. It's just light hearted banter.

Edited to add: one case of what could be perceived as baiting.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

desertdudeshj wrote:"Let it go" AG thats one phrase that does not exist in most womens dictionary !

I found this comment sexist and off topic!

Who should I write my complaint to? :twisted:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

melika969 wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:"Let it go" AG thats one phrase that does not exist in most womens dictionary !

I found this comment sexist and off topic!

Who should I write my complaint to? :twisted:

The mods on this forum arniegang, smartd, sage & onion or alternatively Andyba.

Good luck

-- Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:36 pm --

Alternatively you could also report this post with the triangular ! button on the top right
desertdudeshj

^^^ :lol: :lol: It seems like you have some kind of "support" which gives you permission to write sexist and off topics comments! :D
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Well Mel as you know he is privileged if you take into consideration the definition of privileged:

priv·i·lege (pr v -l j, pr v l j). n. 1. a. A special advantage, immunity, permission, right, or benefit granted to or enjoyed by an individual, class, ...

very fitting indeed. :lol:

It's a perfect of example of him baiting not one person, but all the females posting on here. I saw it and ignored it - didn't take the bait. But in the future I will report it when he is looking to bait me, because I refuse to bite.

If you want to complain, send me a PM. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

I know of a useful device that when someone disappears up anothers bottom, can be used to rescue them. It also delivers calfs in a difficult birth situation.
Bethsmum

Re: A Question For Arniegang? Nov 14, 2010
Bora Bora wrote:Arnie, in all due respect. There is no name calling, no cursing, no flames being thrown, no baiting, no bashing. It's just light hearted banter.

Edited to add: one case of what could be perceived as baiting.

Yes Bora i totally agree with you and i have recognised in my post by saying "you have put your points well" So with "in all due respect" Bora your point is ????

The thread is indeed going in circles and my point was now to call it a day on this particular road of discussion. We have all read and understand what you, dillion, Chocs, BM and Mel points and i again repeat "you have put your points well". All i asked in a round a way nicely is to let go this discussion now by all.

In fact your post is quite a good example how individuals can read others posts and, how others can misinterept when others write Bora. Your post written above by you, when saying "in all due respect" is considered and read by me and possibly others can be take as slightly agressive. Furthermore, technically you have accused me and put words and insert meaning into my mouth that i didnt say or mean. This is regarding you saying i was refering calling cursing, flames etc etc. This is your intereption is yours and was certainly not my mine Bora.

I do not this mean this example or was never my intention to be personal to you Bora. It was merely happened to one last i read and thought i would use your post to explain my point. My points really do apply to all of us (yes including me) how sometime when we post, sometime others reading can not read or see the same meaning, or what we are trying actually to say.
arniegang

Re: A question for Arniegang? Nov 14, 2010
To quote Aung San Suu Kyi there is a time to speak and a time to be quiet.
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat