Saudi Prince Guilty Of Murder

Topic locked
Saudi Prince Guilty of Murder Oct 20, 2010
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11571822
Report of the case.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11492867
Some insight into the background of the case.

Good to see that sometimes justice can be done when cases involve "influential" people.

And nice quote from the copper at the end:

Outside court, Det Ch Insp John McFarlane said: "The defendant used his position of power, money and authority over his victim Bandar to abuse him over an extended period of time."

"This verdict clearly shows no-one, regardless of their position, is above the law," he added.

BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Saudi Prince Guilty Of Murder Oct 20, 2010
Thanls Orb I totally forgot about this
Excellent news. Well done to the UK courts, justice has been served, keep us updated on the sentencing aswell.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Saudi Prince Guilty of Murder Oct 20, 2010
BlueOrb wrote:"This verdict clearly shows no-one, regardless of their position, is above the law," he added.

So nabbing a saudi prince is championed as proof of an unbiased uk justice system?
When they at least arrest the govt mps for fraudulent expense claims, I might believe this crap.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sigh.

Charges should be dropped and he should be expatriated back to SA.

You can't jail Hollywood.
event horizon

Well in other reports he tried to claim diplomatic immunity but didn't quality - oh dear. He'll not want to go back to KSA, because if it turns out he's gay, he could face the death sentence there.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

They would just marry him off to some compliant female relative and then claim he could not possibly be gay as he is married to woman.

Then he would be 'disappeared' to some small island surrounded by guards with guns.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Im sure he will feel right at home when he goes to jail.

Someone should advise him not to drop the soap but with the details surrounding his case Im guessing any resistance from him is going to be futile. :mrgreen:
Wesker
Dubai Forum User

desertdudeshj wrote:Thanls Orb I totally forgot about this
Excellent news. Well done to the UK courts, justice has been served, keep us updated on the sentencing aswell.

Murder carries a mandatory "Life Sentence"in the UK. But only in very rare occasions does life actually mean life.

I think "Life"is defines as 25 years, but this is usually halved, and then reduced again for good behaviour, blah blah blah.

If he's a good boy, he'll probably do arounf 10 years. It wouldn't surprise me if there is some deal done with the Saudi government where they send back to the Uk some Brit who is banged up there, in return for him going back home to serve his sentence in a Saudi jail......which of course will probably mean he gets released.

There was a big case in the UK regarding bribery between the Saudis and BAE Systems (i think), which got dropped when Tony Blair intervened, citing the intelligence that KSA provide in the War onm Terror as the reason. Apparently, we can't afford to upset them. So being as this guy is a member of the Saud family, it wouldn't surpise me if he's back in the sunshine very soon. Sentencing is today, i think....
BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

Well in all honesty even if he was released, he'd probably be knocked-off before he even hit Saudi soil due to the embarrassement he's brought to them.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Get this...

Now he wants to claim asylum in the UK.

Should he be sent back???

Likely, he'll be sent back because keeping him in prison for life will cost the British taxpayer nearly GBP 40,000 a year (and he's fairly young). Since both the murderer and the victim are Saudi, the UK might just do that!!!!!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... itain.html

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Of ourse he'll want to seek asylum, because if he's found to be gay he'll be executed back in Saudi.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Is there a gay test like the virgin test we discussed rec4ently?
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

At least he is keeping his royal title...except he will now be a "Princess" in prison.
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Anyone know what the rules are for being a prince? This dude's Grandfather is/was the King's brother. I know there are a butt load (pun intended) of Saudi Princes, but what are the rules? Any loose relation to the big man counts?

In the UK, that would your title be if your Grandpa was Queen Liz's bro?
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Chocoholic wrote:Of ourse he'll want to seek asylum, because if he's found to be gay he'll be executed back in Saudi.

If he returns, he'll be executed???

Not likely, dear!

As far as I know, no prince has ever been executed in Saudi, for murder or any other crime, except for one: the prince who killed King Faisal in 1975.

If this gay prince goes back, he will be let go Scott free. The victim's family will be paid off, and he'll deny the gay charge!!! Khalas!! Mafi Mushkilah!!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

dubaidog wrote:Anyone know what the rules are for being a prince? This dude's Grandfather is/was the King's brother. I know there are a butt load (pun intended) of Saudi Princes, but what are the rules? Any loose relation to the big man counts?

I suppose "He who rules makes the rules"...
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Ambassador wrote:
dubaidog wrote:Anyone know what the rules are for being a prince? This dude's Grandfather is/was the King's brother. I know there are a butt load (pun intended) of Saudi Princes, but what are the rules? Any loose relation to the big man counts?

Actually he is the Grandson and Grand-nephew of King Abdullah.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:
Ambassador wrote:

Actually he is the Grandson and Grand-nephew of King Abdullah.

No wonder the guy is twisted...looks like one of his parents would be a generation or 2 older than the other (I suspect the father would be the older one :roll: ).
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

The sentence is in!

Life with a minimum of 20 years, which should be considered a tough sentence nowadays. No doubt as a result of the sheer brutality of the crime.

i doubt he will be back home any time soon.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-New ... izs_Murder
BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

He will end up with a 10 year stretch in all probability. Still a result though
arniegang

arniegang wrote:He will end up with a 10 year stretch in all probability. Still a result though

Should send him to Chop Square in Riyadh next Friday morning.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Unfortunately I don't think its an isolated incident, unfortunately for him this happened overseas and he got caught.
desertdudeshj

I think I remember a story from Britain a few months ago about a man and a woman who beat a child to death after an entire month of abuse (not sure it is was their child or a friend's) and the man was sentenced to eight years.

Then there's the more recent story of two yewts who burnt an apartment and killed a disabled twelve year old - lucky for them, they weren't even prosecuted for the boy's death.

Ah, the justice system in the UK.
event horizon

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat