This One's For Bethsmum. Bobbies Forced To Learn Polish!!!

Topic locked
This One's for Bethsmum. Bobbies Forced to Learn Polish!!! Oct 11, 2010
When you thought its was bad enough that UK immigrants could not speak English, now the English Bobbies are forced to learn Polish to deal with Polish immigrants!!

No wonder foreigners love to come to your country,.. en masse, if I may add!!!

You guys are apparently too, too accommodating. I didn't know that you love immigrants that much. To the point of learning their language, instead of making them learn English!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rkers.html

8) 8)

Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: This One's For Bethsmum. Bobbies Forced To Learn Polish! Oct 11, 2010
So unreasonable = ='
symmetric
BANNED

Re: This One's for Bethsmum. Bobbies Forced to Learn Polish! Oct 11, 2010
Now TJ you have certainly learned how to push BM's buttons. This is absolutely bloody ridiculous. You wouldn't believe the amount of money spent by our government translating documentation and providing translators to people who come to Britain and cant be bothered to learn English. If you are required to have an interview by a government department it is up to the government to provide the translator, how mad is that?
I don't think Sheikh Mohammed would be that accomodating of me, do you reckon? And why should he be?
If these Polish lot are working in Britain and leave their families at home, then my government pays them child benefit. So my taxes are paid out to some kids who have never set foot in Britain. Sack the lot and send them home and make all the unemployed get off their backsides and take the jobs, we'd be quids in.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Bethsmum wrote:Now TJ you have certainly learned how to push BM's buttons. This is absolutely bloody ridiculous. You wouldn't believe the amount of money spent by our government translating documentation and providing translators to people who come to Britain and cant be bothered to learn English. If you are required to have an interview by a government department it is up to the government to provide the translator, how mad is that?
I don't think Sheikh Mohammed would be that accomodating of me, do you reckon? And why should he be?
If these Polish lot are working in Britain and leave their families at home, then my government pays them child benefit. So my taxes are paid out to some kids who have never set foot in Britain. Sack the lot and send them home and make all the unemployed get off their backsides and take the jobs, we'd be quids in.

Your reference to the benefits paid to Polish children reminds of a funny friend here in America. When I went to see him one evening in his apartment, there was too much noise coming out of the apartment next door to him.

He told me it was a party that his (female) Mexican neighbor threw to her friends every week. He said she was living on welfare and that he had four children (by different men). The children were also being supported by welfare. He joked by saying, "I know I'm supporting at least two of those children, but sadly I never had any of the fun of making them!!!"

:lol: :lol:
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Tom, take a ride on a NY subway. Posters in multiple languages!!! Go to an ATM Machine, which has a choice of languages to accomodate the communities. In elementary schools non-speaking English children are put in classes with English speaking children, which holds up the progression of education for them because......well the teachers have to focus on the non-speaking English children to help them progress. In the US the police have people whose mother tongue is not English so that that can communicate with communities where Russian, Spanish, Urdu, Arabic is the spoken language.

The UK and US is getting so screwed by immigrants, legal and illegal, who don't want to learn English or blend into society and who live on the tit of the government and you, yes, the taxpayer.

I have mentioned it before. Illegal immigrants who have children in the US, and those children become US citizens, the parents are documented illegals. Those parents are elligble to apply for food stamps, welfare and medical benefits for their children - from the day they are born. Those children are entitled to free education and child care centers.

There was discussion sometime back about giving the parents a choice, leave the country with the US citizen children, or leave their US citizen children in the US and go back home. Personally, I second the first option; as US citizens the children could always return to the US if they chose to when they reached adult age. But, hey, the bleeding hearts wouldn't dream of separating parents from children and didn't think the first option was fair because the children were US citizens.

-- Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:55 am --

Tom Jones wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:Now TJ you have certainly learned how to push BM's buttons. This is absolutely bloody ridiculous. You wouldn't believe the amount of money spent by our government translating documentation and providing translators to people who come to Britain and cant be bothered to learn English. If you are required to have an interview by a government department it is up to the government to provide the translator, how mad is that?

Your reference to the benefits paid to Polish children reminds of a funny friend here in America. When I went to see him one evening in his apartment, there was too much noise coming out of the apartment next door to him.

He told me it was a party that his (female) Mexican neighbor threw to her friends every week. He said she was living on welfare and that he had four children (by different men). The children were also being supported by welfare. He joked by saying, "I know I'm supporting at least two of those children, but sadly I never had any of the fun of making them!!!"

:lol: :lol:

Seeing as how I was always a taxpayer (and still do) I believe that I should be entitled to claim one family on my return every year.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora, I see you refer to food stamps in your post. We, British, just like to dish out hard cash so the recipiants can do what the hell they like with the money, usually p**s it up the wall on a Friday night.
I remember once when I was in Bavaria, the hotel at which I was going to stay was closed for the night (yes, closed) and when I was wondering what to do, was approached by some Iraqi Kurdish men, very young men actually. They were so friendly and asked me and my friend to go back to their hostel and they would let us use their room. As you can imagine I was apprehensive, thinking our car would be stripped during the night and we may be murdered at best. The hostel was an old German hotel and in their room they had cartons of long life milk, yougurt, orange juice etc. They were obviously given food coupons and bought en masse. They didn't have a penny to their name. They were trying to give us yogurt and glasses of milk, anything they had was ours for the taking. I felt so sorry for them and am ashamed to say we legged it before they reappeared in the morning, I hadn't slept for fear of what may happen. I did leave them 50 marks for their trouble. But at the end of the day the German government had it spot on, they were fed and clothed but had no money at all.
No-one can say BM hasn't seen life. I still laugh about our Great Escape to this day.
Bethsmum

You should have sent them a postcard of Piccadilly Circus saying 'Home Run!'

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

BM, I was totally shocked at the council housing system in the UK. I read recently that "native" Brits will be pushed up the waiting list. Better yet, I read sometime back about a family (possibly Polish) were complaining that the 3 bedroom house provided by the govt that they were living in was too small for their growing family. Their eldest daughter was the translator. The "man of the house" said that he wanted to work - I believe he claimed to be an engineer, or possibly an auto mechanic - but he couldn't find work. Problem is, why work when you don't have to? Where do Brits who worked and lost jobs because of the financial crisis go? Probably the same as Americans after they exhausted all their funds and lost everything. Back of a very very longt line standing behind the immigrants because it seems that the government sees immigrants as being a higher priority - in spite of the fact that they never paid into the system!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bethsmum wrote:Bora, I see you refer to food stamps in your post. We, British, just like to dish out hard cash so the recipiants can do what the hell they like with the money, usually p**s it up the wall on a Friday night.
I remember once when I was in Bavaria, the hotel at which I was going to stay was closed for the night (yes, closed) and when I was wondering what to do, was approached by some Iraqi Kurdish men, very young men actually. They were so friendly and asked me and my friend to go back to their hostel and they would let us use their room. As you can imagine I was apprehensive, thinking our car would be stripped during the night and we may be murdered at best. The hostel was an old German hotel and in their room they had cartons of long life milk, yougurt, orange juice etc. They were obviously given food coupons and bought en masse. They didn't have a penny to their name. They were trying to give us yogurt and glasses of milk, anything they had was ours for the taking. I felt so sorry for them and am ashamed to say we legged it before they reappeared in the morning, we hadn't slept for fear of what may happen. I did leave them 50 marks for their trouble. But at the end of the day the German government had it spot on, they were fed and clothed but had no money at all.
No-one can say BM hasn't seen life. I still laugh about our Great Escape to this day.

So ...you are a lady in a foreign country, men, strangers, Iraki Kurdish, at night, offer you to use their bedroom, and you follow them because they are so friendly....how was it an obscur joint with matresses on the floor? wow, you looking for big trouble lady :roll: I am sure that Bora and Chocoholic would confirm how insane you are....
I remember you saying in earlier posts, that would never be a victim.... continue with stunts like that, you are to be a statistic, for certain, no matter where you live, and I will not cry on you.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Yeah so much for the wise queen of JBR !
desertdudeshj

herve wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:Bora, I see you refer to food stamps in your post. We, British, just like to dish out hard cash so the recipiants can do what the hell they like with the money, usually p**s it up the wall on a Friday night.
I remember once when I was in Bavaria, the hotel at which I was going to stay was closed for the night (yes, closed) and when I was wondering what to do, was approached by some Iraqi Kurdish men, very young men actually. They were so friendly and asked me and my friend to go back to their hostel and they would let us use their room. As you can imagine I was apprehensive, thinking our car would be stripped during the night and we may be murdered at best. The hostel was an old German hotel and in their room they had cartons of long life milk, yougurt, orange juice etc. They were obviously given food coupons and bought en masse. They didn't have a penny to their name. They were trying to give us yogurt and glasses of milk, anything they had was ours for the taking. I felt so sorry for them and am ashamed to say we legged it before they reappeared in the morning, we hadn't slept for fear of what may happen. I did leave them 50 marks for their trouble. But at the end of the day the German government had it spot on, they were fed and clothed but had no money at all.

So ...you are a lady in a foreign country, men, strangers, Iraki Kurdish, at night, offer you to use their bedroom, and you follow them because they are so friendly....how was it an obscur joint with matresses on the floor? wow, you looking for big trouble lady :roll: I am sure that Bora and Chocoholic would confirm how insane you are....
I remember you saying in earlier posts, that would never be a victim.... continue with stunts like that, you are to be a statistic, for certain, no matter where you live, and I will not cry on you.

I take it you are presuming my friend was a woman too? Well you are wrong, the friend was a man actually.
Who cares what you think? Not me for sure. I can look after myself. I'm not one of life's victims. In any case if anything did happen to me I certainly wouldn't go round bleating about it, you make your choices and if it's the wrong one, you only have yourself to blame. The Kurdish boys were pure gentlemen.
BTW why should I be bothered about what Chocs or Bora think? Do you think they care about what I think, I don't not in a million years.

-- Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:12 pm --

desertdudeshj wrote:Yeah so much for the wise queen of JBR !

Who rattled your cage, or should i say, shed? LOL
Bethsmum

Hey Bethsmum , nobody cares if you get banged by the Kurd Stars
capsicum
BANNED

capsicum wrote:Hey Bethsmum , nobody cares if you get banged by the Kurd Stars

Exactly right and well said. BTW what's a Kurd star? If I'm gonna get banged I want to know who's doing the banging. LOL
Bethsmum

Hmmmmmmm, new twist on "Banged up A broad". :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bethsmum wrote:
capsicum wrote:Hey Bethsmum , nobody cares if you get banged by the Kurd Stars

Exactly right and well said. BTW what's a Kurd star? If I'm gonna get banged I want to know who's doing the banging. LOL

:lol: :lol: I beleive it is the Kurdish national football team Bethsmum.
You may have been with a man in this dark halley in Bavaria, but being a man does not grant him to be a fighter and to have balls, rather a brainless lowlife to walk a woman into a dump populated by a tribe living off yogourts and free food stamps, I know this kind, guys who run away and hide in a dumpster while their girl friend is getting mugged or raped.
I don't know I sure don't have the same values as you, me, I d rather take my wife to the Hilton, you know... the hotel resort chain? they are opened at night and never refuse guests.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

ahhhhhhhh, got it, BM does not get it at home so she is hoping for the local football team to "come"over :D
Bethsmum = Boredsmum :lol: :lol: :lol:
gertrude
Dubai forums Addict

Now now Gertie, let's not get into name calling. I must admit I am rather partial to a footballer. Have you had a look at Fabio Cannavero? Oops sorry, you may be a man, with some you can never tell. I hear he is in Dubai now so here's hoping!
Anyways if you gonna do name calling you need to improve. Bora's effort of BM=Bowel Movement was a much better effort that your rather weak one. 5 out of 10 for effort.
BTW I can tell English is not your first language. Boredsmum?? LOL what's a boreds? I can feel a new signature coming on BM is boreds. Yes, indeedy.
Bethsmum

Re: This One's for Bethsmum. Bobbies Forced to Learn Polish! Oct 12, 2010
Bethsmum wrote:Now now Gertie, let's not get into name calling. I must admit I am rather partial to a footballer. Have you had a look at Fabio Cannavero? Oops sorry, you may be a man, with some you can never tell. I hear he is in Dubai now so here's hoping!
Anyways if you gonna do name calling you need to improve. Bora's effort of BM=Bowel Movement was a much better effort that your rather weak one. 5 out of 10 for effort.
BTW I can tell English is not your first language. Boredsmum?? LOL what's a boreds? I can feel a new signature coming on BM is boreds. Yes, indeedy.

How about....BM= British Moron!!!!???

Just kidding,...Sweetie!!!

:D :D
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Tom Jones wrote:

He-he. Recently after one guy was looking at my GF too long in my view in a bar I shoulder him aside and then said "Sorry about that."
8) 8) 8)
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Tom Jones wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:Now now Gertie, let's not get into name calling. I must admit I am rather partial to a footballer. Have you had a look at Fabio Cannavero? Oops sorry, you may be a man, with some you can never tell. I hear he is in Dubai now so here's hoping!

TJ! I'm well gutted!

-- Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:08 pm --

Red Chief wrote:
Tom Jones wrote:

He-he. Recently after one guy was looking at my GF too long in my view in a bar I shoulder him aside and then said "Sorry about that."
8) 8) 8)

Yes, I'm exactly the same with my BF. :bounce:
Bethsmum

Red Chief wrote:
Tom Jones wrote:

8) 8) 8)

Was he looking up at you from the floor?? :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Red Chief wrote:
Tom Jones wrote:

8) 8) 8)

Was she working at the time?
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

drewpeacock wrote: Was she working at the time?

Ask her directly and I will prompt you the right reply. Shave your face in advance. I don't like hair on my fist.
Take care. :wink:
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

I think BMs "adventure" happened when she was probably between 18 and oh, maybe 22. That is an age when one is adventurous and care free, for the most part. Very few worries and exploring life and the experiences it holds. How many ventured to other countries? BM mentioned that she came from a military background and frequently moved to different countries. Having that experience in your life would increase one's curiosity about other countries and cultures.

Who, in their younger years, didn't do something or find themselves in situations, that when looking back now, think about the possibilities of how it could have gone wrong? Youth affords us innocence to the world around us and things happening in our life. I for one have been in situations that when I look back on could have had a disasterous outcome or not - that's in my mind, but my instincts were strong and helped me to remove myself to what I felt was "bad".

Put a situation from your past into the present, we would all think differently about either getting into it or handling it for the simple fact that we are wiser, more cautious and less trusting.

So, if I am correct with BMs "timing", to crucify her for bad judgment at that time in her life is wrong. She can laugh at it now, and knows it was an adventure that could have gone either way. It's not as if she had that experience recently.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oh thanks Bora, that's very sweet of you but I have to admit I wasn't particularly young at the time of this adventure. LOL. It was about 11 years ago, if my memory serves me right, I think it was before the euro. I was a bit wary but my male friend didn't have a problem, I think he would have been able to deal with most situations that may have arisen. Isn't it funny that I refered to my friend and everyone immediately thought it was a woman and came down on me like a ton of bricks? Oh well there's nothing like a bit of abuse to keep the site lively. I must admit I've always been a bit daring, I could tell you a few stories but not for publication on an internet forum LOL. Never come a cropper yet.
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:Oh thanks Bora, that's very sweet of you but I have to admit I wasn't particularly young at the time of this adventure. LOL. It was about 11 years ago, if my memory serves me right, I know it was before the euro. I was a bit wary but my male friend didn't have a problem, I think he would have been able to deal with most situations that may have arisen. Isn't it funny that I refered to my friend and everyone immediately thought it was a woman and came down on me like a ton of bricks? Oh well there's nothing like a bit of abuse to keep the site lively. I must admit I've always been a bit daring, I could tell you a few stories but not for publication on an internet forum LOL. Never come a cropper yet.

BM, the fact that your friend was a male provided you only with a false feeling of security, I actually seen women better fighter than the men they were with. Even if he was trained in self defense which I doubt. This is the worst you can get in, walk in a fight thinking you can handle it when you can't. If he was trained in selfdefense , he would never walked you in this situation, you got lucky.
The first thing you learn in selfdefense is to RUN, or AVOID situations like that.
You obviously have never been in a life threatening situation, this was no adventure, this was shear stupidity, people get mugged, raped and murdered in more inviting situations.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: This One's For Bethsmum. Bobbies Forced To Learn Polish! Oct 12, 2010
:lol: :lol: I knew she will tell this wasn't a teenage adventure!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Bethsmum wrote:................there's nothing like a bit of abuse to keep the site lively. .............Never come a cropper yet.

Have to say BM, you certainly have kept the flames going. You have managed to ruffle more people in less time than I did. I officially declare you the recordholder. :blob3:

What's a cropper??? You know I have a whole different meaning for that - I'm sure you aren't Mexican. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Hmm ...starting to see a pattern here. Make outrageous statments, get called on it, back peddle...back peddle ahem ..I meant offer explanation, repeat. :D
desertdudeshj

melika969 wrote::lol: :lol: I knew she will tell this wasn't a teenage adventure!

Well, if it was me, I certainly would have. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat