Landlords Forced To Be Transparent Over Service Fees

Topic locked
Landlords forced to be transparent over service fees Aug 02, 2012
About time I'd say after the complete mess that so many communities have been plunged into. They should made LL's prove they've paid the service fees, before their property can be rented, then all this hassle and drama can be avoided.

A step in the right direction.

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news ... rvice-fees

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Landlords Forced To Be Transparent Over Service Fees Aug 02, 2012
RERA do indeed sort out many messes! Who said anything about DP? It's mostly Nakheel and Emaar that are the problem areas at the moment and are withholding services until fees are paid. Tenants shouldn't be punished because of slack property owners. There needs to be a more efficient way to collect these fees than they have in palce at the moment.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Did I quote 7 Days? er nope! Actually it's ALL the developers. Regardless I sincerely hope that RERA manage to pull something out the bag and get this regulated and the issues resolved to make the whole situation better for everyone.

RERA currently are encouraging tenants, owners etc to make suggestions on their portal and given that this is a big issue discussed on many of the real estate and development forums, it would appear that they are listening. It's going to take time, but hopefully something will happen.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

It affects all communities, so it is across the board, they don't just pick and choose. But Nakheel and Emaar are the ones who have been highlighted time and again.

Plenty of experience of owning and renting property - cheers.

We'll just have to wait and see won't we, but I hope a resolution that suits all is found and quickly.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Landlords forced to be transparent over service fees Aug 02, 2012
I think what I own and what I do with it is my personal business.

And they HAVE to find a resolution, the whole situation is a complete mess at the moment.

Cheers.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

A agree, before a landlord leases he should prove compliance by payment of the fees.

In Burj Khalifa I have had sight of the fees outstanding and the financials are considerable.

Defaulters are generally GCC nationals who think its their right for the service foc and the expats should be the only contributers.

In turn fees increase or service standards get worse.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat