Freedom Of Speech

Topic locked
Feb 24, 2006
kanelli wrote:I think that it is ridiculous to throw people in jail for expressing views on the holocaust. We have historical records that clearly show that the holocaust happened. If we want free speech for the important matters, we need to put up with the bad that comes along with it. Besides, misleading information and outright lies can be handled with solid information and education campaigns - no need to throw people in jail. Inciting hatred and calling people to violence is another matter, but David Irving hasn't been charged with that.

Throughout this thread, your response was the most reasoned.

I live my life by a creed which reads:

Words, my weapon of choice
Truth, my shield

Richard Owl Mirror
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 25, 2006
Thank you ROM :)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Feb 25, 2006
hi everybody ,,, i was shocked today while reading the newspaper,,( GulfNews) ,,, its a in the readers opinions page from a Dane , here it is as it was published:

Leave Scribes alone

Why should a journalist in Copenhagen worry about who might take offence in Pakistan when he writes for his readers and not the whole world? If peaple in the Middle East or Pakistan are offended by an article meant for the Danes , so be it. Foreigners should not be allowed to set the agenda or decide what can and cannot be published in Denmark . The job of a journalist is to inform and encourage debate relevant to his or her readers ,not the readers any other country . It would be impossible to run articeles on important issues if one had to take into account all the possible groups of people that might take offence .
from Mr.Lars Nagott
Copenhagen,Denmark.

well,, now ,,, what the hell is that ???? is this stupidity or what ???? if Mr.Lars doesnt want anybody to mind what is published in a Danish newspaper , then they ,in the first place , should not have get theirselves busy with the Muslim affairs ( especially the prophet ) . this kind of comment is no less violent than the violence against the danish embassies all over the world . He said "they are meant for its readers" ,,, what the hell is that ????i advise him and that newspaper to take all their readers and go to a mountain ,, and just keep showing them what they want to show them without publishing it to be seen by the whole world ,,, i think this answer is just as stupid as the opinion itself ,,,
castellano
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 25, 2006
castellano wrote:hi everybody ,,, i was shocked today while reading the newspaper,,( GulfNews) ,,, its a in the readers opinions page from a Dane , here it is as it was published:

Leave Scribes alone

Why should a journalist in Copenhagen worry about who might take offence in Pakistan when he writes for his readers and not the whole world? If peaple in the Middle East or Pakistan are offended by an article meant for the Danes , so be it. Foreigners should not be allowed to set the agenda or decide what can and cannot be published in Denmark . The job of a journalist is to inform and encourage debate relevant to his or her readers ,not the readers any other country . It would be impossible to run articeles on important issues if one had to take into account all the possible groups of people that might take offence .
from Mr.Lars Nagott
Copenhagen,Denmark.

well,, now ,,, what the hell is that ???? is this stupidity or what ???? if Mr.Lars doesnt want anybody to mind what is published in a Danish newspaper , then they ,in the first place , should not have get theirselves busy with the Muslim affairs ( especially the prophet ) . this kind of comment is no less violent than the violence against the danish embassies all over the world . He said "they are meant for its readers" ,,, what the hell is that ????i advise him and that newspaper to take all their readers and go to a mountain ,, and just keep showing them what they want to show them without publishing it to be seen by the whole world ,,, i think this answer is just as stupid as the opinion itself ,,,

castellano, do you know the full story of the beginnings of this affair?
Do you understand that this crisis was fomented by Islamic Imams from Denmark having taken FALSE cartoons which were not even a part of the original story to Egypt and spreading false rumors?

This is an example of the ORIGINAL cartoon artwork for the book.

EDITED AS PER UAE LAWS

The rest of the story, I relate on my Blog @ http://inademocracysilenceispermission. ... _id=224787
Richard Owl Mirror
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 26, 2006
It was a combination of both poor judgement on the part of the newspaper editor and abuse of the situation by radical Muslims.

If I were the Danish editor, I wouldn't have published the cartoons because I would not want to offend Muslims in Denmark. I do have to agree though that the media in Denmark has every right to publish for their own people. Castellano, whether you like it or understand it or not - free speech is important in many countries. There is always a group of people who get angry when another group expresses their free speech. Peaceful protest is what should be done to handle these situations.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Feb 26, 2006
kanelli wrote:Castellano, whether you like it or understand it or not - free speech is important in many countries.

Oh... So why get in trouble when people downplay the holocaust...?
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 26, 2006
kanelli wrote:It was a combination of both poor judgement on the part of the newspaper editor and abuse of the situation by radical Muslims.

What the Hell is wrong with you people???? Can't you have a fair judgment????

What about the PM who refused to meet 11 ambassador from Muslim countries who came to him to solve the issue prior to all this fuss????? Now he is not the cause??????????

Now he is running after them to ease the impact after the situation became serious and their economy is on danger. So The "Freedom of speech" supporting Danish government are appologizing not because they belive they hurt the muslims feeling, or because they belive what they did is wrong, but because their economy is in danger. What great morals, really a great country...!!!!!
The muslims in Denmark had a very very good response, they didn't riot, they didn't go angry and their reaction was very civilized, they objected through the leagal channels (Their Embassies) the went to peace march, they sent letters.

What Freaking Radical Muslims you talk about here????? What Freaking cartoons wrongfully sent to Egypt????? i was there in spetember, we didn't see any photos, we only knew about someone drawing our prophet as a terrorist.

Guys, have some sense, Don't be fooled by the Brainwashing Media that you are exposed too, flip the channels and have both sides opinions and decide.

Kanelli, you better change the color of your car, as i can track you with your current color ;)
Peace
yshimy

Feb 26, 2006
kanelli and Richard ,, i think yshimy have given you a fair answer ,,, i want you to know that i am not with the violence that took place ,, but from the other hand , you speaking about the subject as a part of "freedom of speach" ,, well, its not , its a freedom of insulting ,, a freedom of rudness ,, this is how it is . In fact since this thing started i have tried to seek an execuse in my mind for the danish newspaper,, i couldnt find a single one . ESPECIALLY , after the response of the danish government and some of the public's opinion - like the one i attached - , ok , lets say that people in the middle east has acted peacefully ,, do you think that anything would have happened ??? the answer is NO, and the big proof is the reaction of the Muslim danes in Denmark , nothing happened ,, on the contrary ,, the danish government is insisting on refusing that we refuse and condemn the cartoons ,,,, NOW I KNOW FOR SURE THAT THOSE CARTOONS WERE MEANT TO HURT US AND ONLY OUT OF HATE FEELINGS ,, NOTHING MORE .

Richard ,,, even if what you are saying is true ,, which i believe is not , the damage is done by only one cartoon ,, we dont need several cartoons about the prophet pbuh, to protest , and i just respect the first person who made all muslims all over the world know about this bullshit ,,

i think you agree with me that we have the "freedom to know"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
right ?? or maybe according to the western standsards we shouldnt .

yshimy ,,,, the boycott is the key ,, not the protest ,, i think that the Danish government is just enjoying seeing us protesting without doing anything about it , just as Doctor Al Qardawi said : " we dont need them , they need us " what does Denmark have more than their diary ???!!!! NOTHING .
castellano
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 26, 2006
Guys, have some sense, Don't be fooled by the Brainwashing Media that you are exposed too, flip the channels and have both sides opinions and decide.

yshimy ,,, i dont think that there is a single muslim on earth now being decieved by the Media , they know , but unfortunately they can do nothing , their governments are just toys in the hands of the west ,,, i just hope this changes soon . peacefully of course .

peace
castellano
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 26, 2006
Cost.
My comment was for the European and American people (Westerns) as their media shows us as the streostyped "Terrorists", Like the dog's joke where an arab save a kid but the media focus on the arab kicking the dog and not saving the child. if you know it... Will try to post it later.

For us, All muslims have their information from friends and families all over the world so the media is just a small portion but still have some effect.

Concerning our regime's change... Well, it is happening, it will be slow, but it is happening, people anger and frustration started to grow and feel helpless conserning the aggression on their fellow Iraqi's, Afghane's and before in Bosnia so... they started moving.

Who would believe that a banned islamic group would win in the Egyptian Elections??? They won, despite all the hassels and violance done by the government, i saw old ladies jumping over fences to go to the poll stations...

Lets jus this change continue to happen.

My only fear is about Iraq... It is being shattered, and i Do belive it is purposly done by the Collation forces.... . Like the latest bombing of the Shiaa't shrine.... What a discrace.

I would prefer that saddam stay in ruling. i think less people would have died and the change would be slow, but less bloddy.

Peace on ya all
yshimy

Feb 26, 2006
Richard Owl Mirror wrote:
EDITED AS PER UAE LAWS

The rest of the story, I relate on my Blog @ http://inademocracysilenceispermission. ... _id=224787

I am sorry about any misunderstanding PER UAE LAWS

This image is one of the FAKED Images that those Imam's took to Egypt and Syria.
It is simply a party-goer and the image was manipulated, then purported to be one of the cartoons which began the riots in Lebanon & Syria
ONLY the Imam's had this photo prior to and after it's manipulation.
ImageImage
Richard Owl Mirror
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 26, 2006
Actually guys you're wrong.

When the cartoons were first published, no-one, absolutely no-one batted and eye lid!

Only several months later did the Danish Imam go to Egypt with a set of drawings, many not even published in the paper and started showing people there, it's then that it all blew up. Yshimy, just because you were there, doesn't mean you'll know about every little thing. The group travelled around many countries in the Middle East with the images - the Imam has admitted to doing it! This was reported in papers here in the UAE, but he strongly denies wanting to incite any kind of problem, which unfortunately is what has happened.

I really don't know why you tarnish all the media as having conspiracy theories and acting against you. Without the media would everyone be reacting in such as way? Er the answer would be no!

Anyway at this point don't you think, the who started it attitude is a little irrelevant? The point now is, how to deal with the situation and get everyone to calm down and move forward 'peacefully'.

Yes the paper were wrong to print the images, many of those on the internet were not the ones published and they're worse, so don't get confused here. But what's done is done. It's upto Muslims to show they're upset in a peaceful way, and for others to listen and to not do it again. - End of.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 26, 2006
yshimy wrote:Cost.
My comment was for the European and American people (Westerns) as their media shows us as the streostyped "Terrorists", Like the dog's joke where an arab save a kid but the media focus on the arab kicking the dog and not saving the child. if you know it... Will try to post it later.

For us, All muslims have their information from friends and families all over the world so the media is just a small portion but still have some effect.

Concerning our regime's change... Well, it is happening, it will be slow, but it is happening, people anger and frustration started to grow and feel helpless conserning the aggression on their fellow Iraqi's, Afghane's and before in Bosnia so... they started moving.

Who would believe that a banned islamic group would win in the Egyptian Elections??? They won, despite all the hassels and violance done by the government, i saw old ladies jumping over fences to go to the poll stations...

Lets jus this change continue to happen.

My only fear is about Iraq... It is being shattered, and i Do belive it is purposly done by the Collation forces.... . Like the latest bombing of the Shiaa't shrine.... What a discrace.

I would prefer that saddam stay in ruling. i think less people would have died and the change would be slow, but less bloddy.
Peace on ya all

Don't tell me you're claiming that the US and/or Jews blew up that Mosque.
You folks don't take responsibility for ANY actions done by your fellow muslims do you?
Always an excuse, never responsible for any wrongs.
Richard Owl Mirror
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 26, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Actually guys you're wrong.

When the cartoons were first published, no-one, absolutely no-one batted and eye lid!

Only several months later did the Danish Imam go to Egypt with a set of drawings, many not even published in the paper and started showing people there, it's then that it all blew up. Yshimy, just because you were there, doesn't mean you'll know about every little thing. The group travelled around many countries in the Middle East with the images - the Imam has admitted to doing it! This was reported in papers here in the UAE, but he strongly denies wanting to incite any kind of problem, which unfortunately is what has happened.

I really don't know why you tarnish all the media as having conspiracy theories and acting against you. Without the media would everyone be reacting in such as way? Er the answer would be no!

Anyway at this point don't you think, the who started it attitude is a little irrelevant? The point now is, how to deal with the situation and get everyone to calm down and move forward 'peacefully'.

Yes the paper were wrong to print the images, many of those on the internet were not the ones published and they're worse, so don't get confused here. But what's done is done. It's upto Muslims to show they're upset in a peaceful way, and for others to listen and to not do it again. - End of.

Anyway at this point don't you think, the who started it attitude is a little irrelevant?

Not unless that Imam revokes the MILLION DOLLAR REWARD for the Death of ANY & ALL who created a cartoon with an image and SAID or intimated that the image was of Muhammad.

BTW, the reward is not only money but JEWELS and CAR.
Considering the TOPIC of discussion, why would a large reward for the death of anyone involved be deemed neccessary by a Muslim ?
Richard Owl Mirror
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 26, 2006
Well ROM, you see this is the thing, most moderate Muslims deal with the issues in a sensible way, then you get the hardliners who just go off on one and it's death and destruction to anyone or anything that crosses them. I feel sad as it's these people harming the name of Islam, but it's never going to change unless the Muslim community stands up as a whole and tells them what they're doing and condoning is wrong. It's starting to happen in some countries, but not by nearly enough.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 26, 2006
Liban wrote:
kanelli wrote:Castellano, whether you like it or understand it or not - free speech is important in many countries.

Oh... So why get in trouble when people downplay the holocaust...?

Um, in case you haven't been reading... Many people disagree with the fact that in some countries people can't say what they want about the holocaust. People are well aware that it is hypocritical to disallow free speech about the holocaust, especially in light of the Danish cartoons.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Feb 26, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Well ROM, you see this is the thing, most moderate Muslims deal with the issues in a sensible way, then you get the hardliners who just go off on one and it's death and destruction to anyone or anything that crosses them. I feel sad as it's these people harming the name of Islam, but it's never going to change unless the Muslim community stands up as a whole and tells them what they're doing and condoning is wrong. It's starting to happen in some countries, but not by nearly enough.

I certainly hope change is coming !
I posted @ http://www.ummah.com/forum/ after 9/11 in order to find the true face of Islam, I was met with "death and destruction" from 80% of the posters.
So, I assume that 80% of Muslims around the world think and act exactly like what I encountered.

I'm glad I might have been wrong about the percentage, I hope the figuires are more like 80% moderate Muslims .

You know, I came to this forum because of this impending Port Deal.
I and most rational Americans understand that the Leadership of the UAE may indeed be friendly toward my country and have only good intentions but, if even ONE 'employee' who thinks "death and destruction" gets into my country, the deal would not have been a benefit for the USA.
Richard Owl Mirror
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Freedom of Speech Feb 26, 2006
Liban wrote:
Cartoons against Islam...

Do these governments (plus the EU as a whole) make it illegal to insult the Prophet? No.

Do western government censure poeple that defame the Prophet? No.

Do these governments ban such cartoons? No...

The Message

West can make fun of the Prophet, the most pure of men, the most honorable of men, the most special man. But God forbid we try to deny the holocaust....

Thankyou for your clear message oh Western Governments. We now understand how deep the Zionists have influenced you. You must be very gullable....

Leaders of Europe have many times said that it was wrong to do. It was a free newpaper which printed the story, so it do not represent the whole "west".
For instance, i dont say that you represent Bin Laden, just because you come form Arabia. (With your attitude Liban, i'm not sure)

I dont think you will see a law agianst this cartoon thing. In Denmark it is legal to print such cartoons, if it wasn't suposed to be blasphemy. Danish courts will decide, not the Primeminister.

In the list of countries you didn't see Denmark niether.
Danishguy
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 26, 2006
its obvious that we are not understanding each other here ,,, maybe ROM and chocoholic think that am being agressive with them and making them take the blame of that danish newspaper ,, well,, its not like this . we muslims here are talking about an apology would have settled everything ok , you guys are talking about the violance from some muslims , i agree that what happened is wrong , you agree that the publishing of those cartoons was a stupid idea, now , what do we argue about here ??? is the freedom of speach ,, in plain words ,, in this world where everybody is trying to look for a little gap where the peace would appear for the whole world , including Denmark , - which originally wasnt involved in any isult against muslims before-

1- Do you think that Denmark or any country needed this kind of crisis to happen ???

2-dont you think that even after what happened its really a mandate from the danish government to take possitive steps towords REALLY SOLVING the problem ???

3- if you put yourself in our place as muslims , dont you think you will always feel insulted by that if nothing is taking place by Danish government ??? i know you may say NO , but you have to REALLY put yourself in our place , ESPECIALLY , in the circle of all the frustration that muslims are suffering from the western policies ????

if the problem would have been solved by ignoring the subject ,, believe me , muslims would have ignored , but its just getting worse and worse everyday , and the examples are so many .

another thing ,, when you talk about the violence that happened- WHICH I COMPLETELY BELIEVE THAT ITS WRONG - you only focus on it as if we we were not insulted ,, its only highly focused when violance come from muslims , i dont see the western government rush to condemn the violence against muslims as when governments in muslims country rush to condemn the violance agains any non-muslims or their properties ,,, and here lies the motive for the frustration that all muslims suffer ,, all the west is talking about mutual understanding between the nations , while we see totally the opposite of that !!!!!!!!!!!

Richard !! ,, why cant the idea of that exploding the mosques in iraq is an american act ??? why not ??? i have read your opinion about the current administration of usa and what you think the reason for their existance their ,, do you think that they are cleaner than to do such a thing ??? dont you think that they would do any thing to maintain their existance there ??? the mosque has been there for years ,, and no sunni muslim has thought of exploding it ,, why now ??? on the other hand i dont deny that sometimes there is problems between muslims themselves ,, but we know what the limits are for those kind of problems , exploding the mosque is an old trick which the american administration is trying to play , you want the truth ?? then take it from the iraqies ,, in my job there an iraqi who has come six months ago ,, i have been talking to him and listening to what happened everyday ,,, he was there when the war has taken place ,,, you would vomit to hear what was happening ,, and still happening from the american troops there ,,,he is a sunni muslim and has shittis friends ,, yes he admits that there are arguments and sometimes fighting ,, but as an iraqi who has lived all his life in iraq ,, and is one of the best who knows how things go in iraq , he said its an american trick ,,, taking in consideration that if he thought for one moment that they were the shittis ,, he wouldnt have lost the chance to say it . but he knows that it wouldnt have gone that far .
castellano
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 26, 2006
You know, I came to this forum because of this impending Port Deal.
I and most rational Americans understand that the Leadership of the UAE may indeed be friendly toward my country and have only good intentions but, if even ONE 'employee' who thinks "death and destruction" gets into my country, the deal would not have been a benefit for the USA.
see Richard ??? how you started to speak when it comes to cncern about your country ???i agree with you ,,, you are imphisizing that " even ONE " ,,, well ,, what about this ??? the whole US administration now is working on destructing Iraq and killing its people ,, how do you think that muslims would feel or react ??? i dont say that i agree with any violent work through this deal ,, but you only need to listen to this iraqi friend of mine .
castellano
Dubai forums Addict

Shia & Sunni divide Feb 26, 2006
posted by castellano
Richard !! ,, why cant the idea of that exploding the mosques in iraq is an american act ??? why not ??? i have read your opinion about the current administration of usa and what you think the reason for their existance their ,, do you think that they are cleaner than to do such a thing ???

While it is conceivable, I highly doubt it.

Shia & Sunni have been in a perpetual state of war with each other since the death of the Prophet Mohammad.

I laid out my case for why I believe this to be the true case on my Blog.
http://inademocracysilenceispermission. ... _id=260367

Please refer to this entry for the reasons which I believe to be the truth on this matter.
Richard Owl Mirror
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 27, 2006
Chocoholic wrote: Yshimy, just because you were there, doesn't mean you'll know about every little thing.

Choco, baby,
If it is a little thing, how it flamed Egypt, you don't make any sense here.

BTW you don't know how it is in Egypt, so don't assume that i wouldn't konw even if it was little.

It was spread in Egypt using SMS on the mobile phones and e-mails. Then the word of mouth and people coming from Denmark (regular people, not sheikhs) then it started to flame because of the reaction of the Danish governmetn.

BTW, the reward is not only money but JEWELS and CAR.
Considering the TOPIC of discussion, why would a large reward for the death of anyone involved be deemed neccessary by a Muslim ?

Guys, where the hell you get these info from?????? I think if someone is serious about killing this guy, he would have been already dead.. come on.

About the Cartoon Image attached in the forum, first time for me to see it.

Quote:

Don't tell me you're claiming that the US and/or Jews blew up that Mosque.
You folks don't take responsibility for ANY actions done by your fellow muslims do you?
Always an excuse, never responsible for any wrongs.

Read my lines please. Here i didn't say they bombed the shrine (but in other forum i suggested they might have did it). It is dirty politics, and if you assume that the Collition forces are there for the good of the country, then, i don't need to continue this converstaion as you would be already brainwashed by the media..... opppsss, no, you are not because everyone now including the media shows what is happening there. people DIE, country Shattered, US puppets are in government.

Please, Why the hell you think we Muslims blame it all to the west????

We blame ourselves too to be weak and unable to stand up and help our fellow muslims anywhere in the wrold.
But in the same sense we are only weak as Countries (except Iran) but as people, we are much stronger than you think, thats why people travelled to iraq prior the war trying to help, people travelled to afghanistan to help against US agression, we are people with Faith. And you all Envy us for it.

I wonder if anyone of you have a cause to die for. ....

And yes, the West is taking advantage of our weakness, can't you see that?????

Would the collition forces attack iraq if the got WMD???? If no, then my point proven.
If yes, So Why the Fu(k they are not attacking N.Korea????/??????

Double standards, Thank you

Cheer up guys, i don't have anythign against anyone of you, i met Americans world wide and was sad about how they see us as Arabs and Muslims, and realized they are victims of their Media and Governments.
And also met American and European people who knows what is going around and Don't agree with their countries trying to use their force against nations they have nothing to do with.
yshimy

Feb 27, 2006
Just to make my piont of how we as muslims try to change from within.

This is a link to an Article by Time Magazine about Egyptian preacher, He is not working only in Egypt but across the Muslim countries.

And he is the most popular for about 5 years or more now. If people don't like the way he thinks, he wouldn't have been the most popular.

http://www.amrkhaled.net/articles/articles1268.html

Please note that in my previous post, about collition forces bombing the shrine, it is just a theory that is supported by historical dirty deeds by the US forces. It might be right or wrong, so don't hang on it alot.

Peace
yshimy

Re: Shia & Sunni divide Feb 27, 2006
posted by castellano
Richard !! ,, why cant the idea of that exploding the mosques in iraq is an american act ??? why not ??? i have read your opinion about the current administration of usa and what you think the reason for their existance their ,, do you think that they are cleaner than to do such a thing ???

While it is conceivable, I highly doubt it.

Shia & Sunni have been in a perpetual state of war with each other since the death of the Prophet Mohammad.

I laid out my case for why I believe this to be the true case on my Blog.
http://inademocracysilenceispermission. ... _id=260367

Please refer to this entry for the reasons which I believe to be the truth on this matter.

You know very little, if not nothing, concerning the relations between Sunni and Shia. Any outward differences are minor. Any inward differences are frabrications and straight out false.

During the Caliphate eras, Sunni and Shia, were not in a "perpetual state of war" as you put it...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 27, 2006
Why the killing if the differences are so little and there is no hard feelings between the groups? If it was really the case that even the US was manipulating the situation (highly highly unlikely!) - how would those groups ever be persuaded to kill each other? Killing fellow Muslims is a sin is it not?

So many unanswered questions and so much denial...
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Liban wrote: You know very little, if not nothing, concerning the relations between Sunni and Shia. Any outward differences are minor. Any inward differences are frabrications and straight out false.

During the Caliphate eras, Sunni and Shia, were not in a "perpetual state of war" as you put it...

Perhaps in your circle the relations is not affected but, I have heard over and over, time and again without any deviation that Shia are not true muslims.
That their Shrines & mausoleums of revered Imams are not Islamic and this is the very reason why they are now being targeted.

Perhaps it is Radical rhetoric :?:
Richard Owl Mirror
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Liban wrote: You know very little, if not nothing, concerning the relations between Sunni and Shia. Any outward differences are minor. Any inward differences are frabrications and straight out false.

Perhaps in your circle the relations is not affected but, I have heard over and over, time and again without any deviation that Shia are not true muslims.
That their Shrines & mausoleums of revered Imams are not Islamic and this is the very reason why they are now being targeted.

Perhaps it is Radical rhetoric :?:

Radical rhetoric for the sake of maintaining ones tribal position (Arabs are clan/tribal based)

AND/OR

Zionist propaganda
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 28, 2006
ROM,
It wouldn't help trying to assume things between Sunni and Shiaa.

Even in Sunna we have shrines and how can you assume we say that Shiaa are not Muslims.
In Egypt we have alot of Shrines.

If you don't know, don't assume, if you have sources of what you are talking about, please provide them, but don't let them be sources of unknown people or people of ignorance.

Kanelli,
Killing fellow Muslims is a sin is it not?

You are wrong

Killing ANY Life unjustified by law and Gods order is wrong.

Even killing a dog without a reason is wrong.

What is happening in Iraq "away from the conspiracy theory"... i think it is more of fight for power or to show domination, more than a spiritual differences.

Below is my opinion:
With the unrest and vacant "Country Leader" not the puppets assigned by the collation forces. Each party try to be the dominant to have the country specified to his sect.
I still state, i prefer Saddam be in Ruling than seeing what is happening now. This is the consequences of forgien intervention to force democracy in unprepared society.

Democracy is like a knife, if given to an adult, he can defend himself, hunt with it, and heal wounds with it. but if given to a child, he will hurt himself and the people around him.

Peace be upon you all.

God Bless Iraq
yshimy

Feb 28, 2006
yshimy wrote:
God Bless Iraq

God Bless the proud Iraqi Nation! God Bless our Iraqi Arab Brothers.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 28, 2006
yshimy, I agree that Saddam should have been left in power until his own people threw him out. Countries need to be ready for democracy on their own grounds and in their own time.

Some Iraqis would disagree with us though - some felt that they would never be able to topple Saddam because he'd just continue to slaughter his own people in retaliation. The massive force used by the coalition was seen as a blessing, but still - the Iraqi's need to be able to form their own government. This includes stopping sectarian violence.

I still disagree that the coalition has anything directly to do with the sectarian violence.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums