57% Eye Change In UAE Mobile Phone Operator – Which Is Yours

Topic locked
57% eye change in UAE mobile phone operator – Which is yours Nov 11, 2009
Fifty-seven percent of mobile users in the UAE would consider switching their operator if they were allowed, according to the results of a new survey published on Wednesday.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/573212-5 ... e-operator

So, hows about you guys? Are you in the 57% :lol: :lol:

Anosh
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: 57% eye change in UAE mobile phone operator – Which is y Nov 11, 2009
Anosh wrote:Fifty-seven percent of mobile users in the UAE would consider switching their operator if they were allowed, according to the results of a new survey published on Wednesday.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/573212-5 ... e-operator

So, hows about you guys? Are you in the 57% :lol: :lol:

more like 99.9 percent
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 11, 2009
Oh wow if ONLY we had a choice - right now it's between bad and worse.

Orange, orange, orange!!!!!!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 11, 2009
Don't we have the freedom already to switch? ... between Etisalat and Du that is :lol:
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 11, 2009
Yeah but they're both as rubbish as each other and both owned by the government, so really there is no choice.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 11, 2009
I'm quite ok with both. Etisalat for my GSM n DU for my net. Vice versa sucks though. DU have have horrid network coverage, and IsItSalad has appaling net.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 11, 2009
honestly i haven't got any issue with etisalat for regular mobile service (except for that one day where it died a whole day due to "cable cut"). i'm happy as long as it's on for 24 hours, excellent signal in any spots, and no delay on SMS.

my only concern would be fast and cheap internet (ADSL or better 3G) and enable international VoIP calls.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 11, 2009
DU = Damn Useless
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 12, 2009
I'm pretty happy with Etisalat - good network at all places... But the point about competetion is useless since their tarriffs are almost similar.
Rickydubai
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 13, 2009
I would switch in a heart beat. But not to Du. They have great offers, i especially like their pay-per-second service, but their voice quality and coverage is down right horrible. I have stuck to Etisalat for this sole reason alone.

TRA/Gov needs to become less greedy and invite major telephone operators to set up shop. Even countries like Saudi has more ISPs than UAE! The telephone/internet market needs serious competition otherwise the government will continue to exploit the consumers with high prices and sloppy services.
oldmanyoung
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat