Email On Your Mobile Phone

Topic locked
Email on your Mobile Phone Feb 27, 2007
Question for you:

Do you use email access on your mobile phone and would you be interested in accessing your Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo and any other POP3/IMAP email on your device.

One of the main issues with email on devices is the setup required. What are your thoughts on this?

XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 27, 2007
Email following you around all day every day?

I think very little of this.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 27, 2007
Its not push email - you will only get new email when you request it.
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 27, 2007
XPClone wrote:Its not push email - you will only get new email when you request it.

I anti-desire this feature.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 27, 2007
Ignore him, XP - he's an AntipodIan.
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 27, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
XPClone wrote:Its not push email - you will only get new email when you request it.

I anti-desire this feature.

I think Ian is correct, I met a guy the other day, over from Europe and he had the Blackberry, the guy was totally addicted. Unbelievable to watch.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 27, 2007
I believe this is too much... I don't want to have my job on my mind every minute, i need some rest. If i get 50 emails/day i don't want to be available to get them on my mobile. I recognise the fact that sometimes i need to get an email but i don't have my laptop, so an alternative could be my mobile.
But how did we manage 15 years ago when there was no email (so spread out), or mobile phones? Our life was very simple and i prefer it that way :)
Greekman
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 28, 2007
Guys you misunderstand my point. This is not push email. Blackberry is push email - when a you receive a mail into your inbox it will push it to the mobile device too.

The service I am referring to is your own personal email (not work). You can check your mailbox whenever you want at your leisure. It will not constantly beep at you telling you you have mail. Only when you press the button to retrieve it.
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 28, 2007
I used to use my phone to retrieve my hotmail when I was in work as my previous employer had blocked all webmail/chat/forum sites from employees computers. They did not view it as appropriate use of their employees time....suffice to say not everybody was happy with this decision :lol:
Also we could not use our work email addresses for personal emails another archaic rule they enforced.

So yes I would like to be able to retrieve hotmail email on my mobile - easier than now though please - as it is rather annoying/time consuming ( I am probably doing it wrong) to log into 6/7 pages to retrieve it..
:D
Lou
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat