Wages

Topic locked
Wages Feb 07, 2006
I have been offered a job at a spa in Dubai for 30,000 a year with accomodation, meals, flights, visas etc. included. Is this a decent wage or will I struggle as I have heard that Dubai is quite expensive? :?:

locket
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 07, 2006
30,000 AED a year? That is less than £400 a month. Dubai is not a third world.

30,000 AED a month would be fantastic.
onetickin
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 07, 2006
Oh dear. No it definately was 30,000 a year as they said it would work out about £500 a month. I guess I should give that one a miss then. Problem is that all of the jobs in beauty therapy seem to all have similar wages. I would get commission on top but seems a bit risky as don't know how much this would boost my wages! Thanks for your help.
locket
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 07, 2006
I've got a friend who works in Beauty Therapy in Jumeriah and gets around 12k, no fringe benifits though. I dread to think of the shared acc. if you're used to living western style in the UK. You might try Emirates my friends had a few offers from them. The wages not great around 7k but they put you up in a trolley building, with an annual flight.
barastisundowner
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 08, 2006
barastisundowner, is that 12,000 per month for your one friend and 7,000 per month for the other (from your last post)?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Feb 08, 2006
Same girl, been offered the same job by Emirates a couple of times in the last few years
barastisundowner
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 08, 2006
During your training you get 2k aed per month, when you start flying you end up earning around 7k aed per month.

Mind you they do put u up in some decent 2/3 bedroom apartments (although, 2 bedrooms are usually next to impossible to get), most with individual bathrooms.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 08, 2006
Not a job as a trolley. It was a job in the academy teaching the trollies how to do their make-up.
barastisundowner
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

mmmmm Feb 08, 2006
last i heard there was a moratorium on emirates ground staff recruitment ..... is that still in effect?
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Feb 08, 2006
Don't know about the present this happened about a year and half ago.
barastisundowner
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum