Wages/Salary

Topic locked
Wages/Salary Sep 12, 2008
Hi,

I might have a job offer in Sharjah (UAE) but I have been asked how much money I would want, either by telling him per month or per annum. Firstly I'm not sure how much to ask for in that region of the world and also is there going to be any difference if I tell him per month as opposed to telling him a yearly salary? He has also stated that accomodation and a car would be provided but I would have to pay my own bills. I will try to explain the jobs role below as best as I can without seeing the job decription I will receive in the next few days.

The company builds custom fiberglass boats. The job role will be to lead a team of workers to produce a boat from start to finish by talking to the designers and engineers, sort of like a forman. Some of the labour can speak a little English and some can not.

I have had 13 years experience in Fiberglass in many different areas and have overseen a few projects including one in China for 5 weeks.

Please could someone offer some advice as I'm sure others are interested in the job and I don't want to ask for too much but I know that pay is good in UAE so I don't want to undercut myself.

Thanks

Michael

mreitt
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Sep 14, 2008
i'd say 20k+ AED a month would be ok that equates to about £34k a year i think and if accomadation etc is taken care of its not bad.
DDastardly
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 22, 2008
I think 28-35 will the right.
UAE is comeing more expensive
Matthias_
Dubai Forum User

Sep 23, 2008
Sharjah is not a nice place to live.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules