How do you want to get married?

Poll ended at Jul 01, 2009

Through Arrangement?
33%
Through Love?
67%

Total votes : 6

Arranged Vs Love marriages Jun 24, 2009
What has more lasting power arranged or love marriages?
What are the pros and cons of both arranged and love marriages?

Hello people I am a reporter for a local paper here in the UAE and am writing a feature article about the different kinds of marriages. Primarily the pros and cons of arranged vs love marriages and what clicks in this day and age. I am looking to speak with couples of arranged marriages and love marriages who are willing to talk and share their story with me (annonymously if required). If anyone is interested in participating please do not hesitate to contact or post your comments. [/b]

Writingdubai
Dubai Forum Guest

Jun 24, 2009
arranged marriage makes sence to me in one situation and one and only. when it's between 2 adults, both biologically and mentally, who sit down at the negotiation table and say, this is what I have, this is what you have, lets put down the terms and conditions and join forces.

its a business deal, but done with the consent and full awearness of the parties involved, not the family.

have 2 families decide for the life of their kids is like taking them to the meat market and selling them by the kilogram.
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Are arranged marriages outdated? Jun 24, 2009
Do you think arranged marriages are outdated and why or why not? What are your views for this day and age?
Writingdubai
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Are arranged marriages outdated? Jun 26, 2009
Writingdubai wrote:Do you think arranged marriages are outdated and why or why not? What are your views for this day and age?

Arranged marriages are always better..as long as the two people involved get to know each other before marriage.....in the present age...might seem a bit old fashioned.....but personally I am in for an arranged one :wink:
Scorpion King
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 28, 2009
Is ther anyone out there who's recently married for love or is married for love and isn't shy to talk to me :)
Writingdubai
Dubai Forum Guest

Jul 12, 2009
both r the same it is like comparing dying normally or commiting a suicide :D
eyad84
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 02, 2009
LOVE all the way, but honestly these days it does not EXSIST anymore!
finny76
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance