Birth Control Pills

Topic locked
Birth control pills Apr 29, 2009
Hey everyone
I recently read somewhere that the pill might not be available over-the-counter anymore in dubai and that you would have to be married to purchase them. Anyone know if this is true? Thanks

SarahC
Dubai Forum User

Apr 30, 2009
i heard it's true.
use condom.

it doesn't make sense though, restricting pills but condoms are still freely sold over the counter ;)
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 30, 2009
I haven't heard of this at all. But I would say for the pill to be only available for married women is very daft, because many women take the pill to aleviate hormone problems, irregular perdiods and other girly things. Which I would assume you could still go to your doctor and get it prescribed from them for these reasons, as is the norm.

I have always been very dubious about pharmacies selling the pill over the counter anyway, as they are all different and work in different ways with different women.

Before even considering going on the pill, you should consult your doctor regardless, to find the best one for you.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 30, 2009
Only under age girls will be having problem in geting pills,not the women like u
newdubai
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 30, 2009
Makes no difference. Many girls go on the pill from a young age for various reasons.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 30, 2009
xty wrote:i heard it's true.
use condom.

Would a pharmacist sell you the pill then even without a marriage certificate? And how would they know you're wearing one anyway?
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 30, 2009
Well, in a way, you gotta thank them (the authority) for creating this law, because this will help make all people who are se.xually active to wear condoms to stop the spread of STD's and germs. Birth control pills might stop pregnancy but it doesn't stop diseases from being transmitted, I think.
Snow
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 30, 2009
Snow wrote:Well, in a way, you gotta thank them (the authority) for creating this law, because this will help make all people who are se.xually active to wear condoms to stop the spread of STD's and germs.

And germs :? ? But I'll feel silly walking around with a condom on my head. The pill was much less conspicuous.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 30, 2009
Yes, contraceptive pills are currently freely available over the counter without a marriage certificate.

And once again, many women are on the pill for reasons other than birth control.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 30, 2009
bonk wrote:
Snow wrote:Well, in a way, you gotta thank them (the authority) for creating this law, because this will help make all people who are se.xually active to wear condoms to stop the spread of STD's and germs.

And germs :? ? But I'll feel silly walking around with a condom on my head. The pill was much less conspicuous.

I don't know about that...
Snow
Dubai forums Addict

May 01, 2009
That should be only taken by Doctor's advice, i hope evryone care's for health!........
Sharp
Dubai Expat Helper

May 01, 2009
Sharp wrote:That should be only taken by Doctor's advice, i hope evryone care's for health!........

Me too...!
Snow
Dubai forums Addict

May 02, 2009
Snow wrote:Well, in a way, you gotta thank them (the authority) for creating this law, because this will help make all people who are se.xually active to wear condoms to stop the spread of STD's and germs. Birth control pills might stop pregnancy but it doesn't stop diseases from being transmitted, I think.

Birth control pills should still be used, even with condoms for disease prevention, but also because condoms are not reliable. If they break, you can find yourself pregnant. So what to do with an unwanted pregnancy? Another big problem...
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 02, 2009
That would create black market for working girls and more unwanted births. Many men are either too ignorant or too arrogant to use condoms. And that would put some responsibility on women's shoulders
bedro
Dubai forums Addict

May 02, 2009
what's up w/ the male pill? I've never used the pill but I'm all for men using it.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

May 02, 2009
Yeah and you'd trust a guy to remember to take it? Not a chance! An implant or injection would be more suitable for guys.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 09, 2009
what is the reason why it is prohibited from selling birth control pills?
syndicated_mind
Dubai Forum User

May 09, 2009
syndicated_mind wrote:what is the reason why it is prohibited from selling birth control pills?

i believe preventing/reducing (illegal) sex before marriage (for the women).
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 09, 2009
xty wrote:
syndicated_mind wrote:what is the reason why it is prohibited from selling birth control pills?

i believe preventing/reducing (illegal) love before marriage (for the women).

Ahh!.. it wont stop nothing!...
Sharp
Dubai Expat Helper

May 10, 2009
Use plastic bags...it works if no condom
princeofarabia
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 10, 2009
better use ice candy wrapper hehehe
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

May 10, 2009
portland wrote:better use ice candy wrapper hehehe

Hahahaha!!!... Now that's the nice One!.....
Sharp
Dubai Expat Helper

May 10, 2009
cling wrap it :p
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 22, 2009
Ya its totally true. So always use condom.
obituary07
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance