Escape From Dubai

Topic locked
Mar 12, 2009
Herve,

Could it be that Dubai authorities were troubling with your background because of the 1994 arrest at Gare de Lyon?

I read you been sentenced for two years in jail for intimidation and possession of arms etc... loaded Smith and Wesson undsofort. ;) after your naval activities for the French army.

Hows that issue in relation to your escape?

RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 12, 2009
robbyg beat me too it. I was gonna ask the geeza whether he has a criminal past. well hes been in jail and that says alot about him.

Y DO all CRIMINALS COME IN DUBAI???? blooody good ridance i say.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 12, 2009
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to clear this matter: this story is a fake, i was in the US at the time and lived in the US ever since, and before i went to Dubai, i have no criminal records what so ever. Dubai authorities knew about it, checked it, and if that story was true, they would never have hired me. What they did not know however is that I was a former secret agent, they found that later when a reporter revealed it in a news paper. but that did not stop them to persecute me.
They are the ones who came to my place to ask me to go to Dubai, i did not go to Dubai to look for a job. Dubai World does extensive background checks prior to hiring anybody. Actually they would never bring it forward now because a law suit for slender would come right back at them. As of you, it is normal to ask since it is there. but now you know. but do not beleive a story only because it fits you.
if anyone was sceptical about my story, so should they be about this story, this story does not even bother me because it does not make any sense. anyone can check criminal records in France, and there is just none on me. If i had a criminal record do you think i would come forward with a book and this way all over the internet, and obviously it does not even fit my profile. look on internet i have given hundreds of interviews when i started to build submarines, all these reporters checked it too, and never mentioned it because it is baseless.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 12, 2009
you mentioned you are spy right. y not write a book about you and your adventure in afghanistan and how you were tracking down osama bin ladin. just mention the word islamic, muslim, terroist and bin ladin in your book and you will have a hit. hell you can just make it up as you go along if you want no1 will know :D.

trust me it will get more hits then writing about your experience in dubai ;).
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 12, 2009
i always thought spy's never tell anyone that they are spys :S. thats the FIRST RULE MAN. YoU dont TAlk aBout it and you DOnT TEll Anyone. cum on.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 12, 2009
oh la la rudeboy, you got it the wrong way, i am french, i worked in afghanistan, shortly yes, but it was to help the mujahedeen fighting the Russians.
i dont want to write enything about this, because nobody betrade me on either side and there is nothing new to write about it. I was betrade in Dubai. i worked for 10 years throughout the middle east as a covert operative. i have met nice people and i have met "nasty" people so to speak, at peace and at war, but the worst kind of people, i found it where i expected it the least: in Dubai.
nobody is denying to me that a story of a french entrepreneur and engineer, former spy, who was hired by Sultan Bin Sulayem to build a submarine factory, who was then coerced, blackmailed, persecuted, went into hiding in dubai and then escaped to india across the arabian sea on a boat purchased to a member of the royal family, is a huge story, and real.
i dont need to convince you that soon, there is going to be a movie about it.
i dont want to write anything on muslims, i have good friends actually who are muslims, i want to write against the Emirati's and expose the fraud that is Dubai.

it is not me who revealed i was a spy, i agree with you, a spy never says he is or was a spy, it is a french reporter who revealed it, but it is another story, so after that the hell with it, no reason to hide anymore.

www.escapefromdubai.com
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 12, 2009
You're an interesting man Herve,

I've been reading a bunch of articles about your (former) company Exomos/Palm Marine.
What intriques me is your entrepreneur-ship. Especially the private submersible market looks very exciting. Just came past an old UAE job offer. Nearly offered my services to you. But you probably don't need a stubborn jr. aerospace engineer in your submersibles ;)

Again, I'm looking forward to your book in June. How the hell did your hard working Dubai 'fairytale' go this wrong!?!

Am I able to obtain an early copy? 8)
RobbyG

Mar 12, 2009
herve wrote:oh la la rudeboy, you got it the wrong way, i am french, i worked in afghanistan, shortly yes, but it was to help the mujahedeen fighting the Russians.
i dont want to write enything about this, because nobody betrade me on either side and there is nothing new to write about it. I was betrade in Dubai. i worked for 10 years throughout the middle east as a covert operative. i have met nice people and i have met "nasty" people so to speak, at peace and at war, but the worst kind of people, i found it where i expected it the least: in Dubai.
nobody is denying to me that a story of a french entrepreneur and engineer, former spy, who was hired by Sultan Bin Sulayem to build a submarine factory, who was then coerced, blackmailed, persecuted, went into hiding in dubai and then escaped to india across the arabian sea on a boat purchased to a member of the royal family, is a huge story, and real.
i dont need to convince you that soon, there is going to be a movie about it.
i dont want to write anything on muslims, i have good friends actually who are muslims, i want to write against the Emirati's and expose the fraud that is Dubai.

it is not me who revealed i was a spy, i agree with you, a spy never says he is or was a spy, it is a french reporter who revealed it, but it is another story, so after that the hell with it, no reason to hide anymore.

www.escapefromdubai.com

mujahdeen fighthing the russians heheh thats the FIRST ONE I have ever heard on this forum. congratulations you are the first person to ever admit that those guys were mujahdeen. i wonder what you feel about them now ;).

what i want to know is why india? why not pakistan? Or even Afghanistan where there is a strong USA force base. Why not even go to the french embassy? Or why not Qatar where again you will find a USA base. hmmm

2ndly there is always another side to an argument. i wonder what the other geeza has to say in defence.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 12, 2009
i am sure the other "geeza" will have a story that fits you better....
however i would like to know how they can justify coercion and torture threats. i mean is it ok with you, regardless if the person is guily or not.
all the gcc countries are connected to the same police system, which means if you have a travel ban in Dubai, it is in the system of all gcc countries, they catch you in qatar they send you right back, even if you have a new passport.
how do you go to afghanisthan by boat? that is a good one.
pakistan is a little bit of a risk with what s going on there right now, arriving in pakistan without a passport, pretending to be a tourist is not really a good idea. us or french embassies in the UAE never help, just one guy represents little against huge political and economic UAE interests, even if he is a refugee, dont count on it.
Really within 800 miles radius, india is the only friendly country where it is acceptable to sail the ocean as a tourist, and there is french embassy who does not give a damn of the UAE. Besides because of the way the UAE treats indians in the UAE, india is not about to help the UAE.

www.escapefromdubai.com
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 12, 2009
Finally sumtin exiting gng on in this forum!
If anyone finds Herve's story implausable, he should read, Gregory David Roberts book - Shantaram!
Herve my man, were u inspired by this book?
Wenever this the book comes out, DF members should probably ask RobbyG to book them a copy, since it may very well be banned here!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 12, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:Finally sumtin exiting gng on in this post!
If anyone finds Herve's story implausable, he should read, Gregory David Roberts book - Shantaram!
Herve my man, were u inspired by this book?
Wenever this the book comes out, DF members should probably ask RobbyG to book them a copy, since it may very well be banned here!

I would think it would almost certainly be banned here.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 12, 2009
man you got trouble written all over you and your life stories, sorry to say this but hey I guess now you are a USA enemy since you helped the mujahedeen at any point LOL

man I for one will stay away from even responding to your posts from no on ! since the 9/11 , the world just need a hint that you are 1% connected to those guys gives them the right to put you away for life.

seeeeee youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 12, 2009
If that book is turned into a film, as claimed, what will it do for the Dubai tourist economy?

Will the UAE govt put pressure .........ECONOMIC pressure ....on the US , UK or French govts to STOP the film being made in any of those countries , I wonder?

Hollywood is in the USA and USA companies galore are earning big bucks in the UAE.
So , what will happen behind the scenes, I wonder?
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 12, 2009
uaekid wrote:man you got trouble written all over you and your life stories, sorry to say this but hey I guess now you are a USA enemy since you helped the mujahedeen at any point LOL

man I for one will stay away from even responding to your posts from no on ! since the 9/11 , the world just need a hint that you are 1% connected to those guys gives them the right to put you away for life.

seeeeee youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I think Herve was referring to the Russian invasion of Afghanistan, where the USA actively supported the mujahideen to destabilize the russians! Everytinthing was done in a very secretive manner! Diplomatically USA denied any inteferance in Afghanistan! So it seems likely, that US and European spies were in Afghanistan, overseeing operations.....
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 12, 2009
Of course! If the book is published, large excerpts can easily appear on the internet. That is impossible to stop.
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 12, 2009
Even Shantaram is being made into a movie, starring Johnny Depp....
In the book, inspired from real life events, people were recruited from bombay, to fight alongside the mujahideen...Came as a embarrassment, for the Indian govt. Wunder how the movie pans out!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 12, 2009
RedKite wrote:If that book is turned into a film, as claimed, what will it do for the Dubai tourist economy?

Will the UAE govt put pressure .........ECONOMIC pressure ....on the US , UK or French govts to STOP the film being made in any of those countries , I wonder?

Hollywood is in the USA and USA companies galore are earning big bucks in the UAE.
So , what will happen behind the scenes, I wonder?

Even if this book does come out, and is made into a movie, i doubt it will affect Dubai's economy at all! Mayb a lil discomfiture for a few persons involved! It will probably help dubai's economy as more directors will wanna shoot spy movies with dubai as a backdrop! Maybe even a James Bond film! Ian Fleming would be so proud!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 12, 2009
The book if written will do nothing to Dubai, plenty already written and ignored.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 12, 2009
To be fair Herve. When Dubai employed you, they did NOT KNOW YOU WERE A FORMER SECRET AGENT.
Well , how did you expect them to see you in the same light afterwards, once they found out ?
As far as they would know, you could still have been a spy whilst working in Dubai. They would question why you were in Dubai at all , because you had not told them fully of your background.

You say you had met "Nice people and nasty people " in your time in the Middle East.
Well ,you were an undercover agent.
What is THAT to do with anything "nice" ??
Surely it is to do with deviousness involving death of someone or other?
Maybe not directly.....but your spy work would have ended in SOMEONE's death . The Mujahadeen were not in a tea party with the Russian Army!! Young Russians were being shot and blown up.

If you were in that line of work, how can you talk about "nice and nasty" ?
As far as I can see , a spy is someone who PRETENDS TO BE NICE AND INNOCENT , but whose work involves UNDERCOVER NASTINESS!!

How can a SPY complain about tough treatment ? You did not live in a cuddly ,lovey-dovey world, exactly!!!
Those who live by the sword should be prepared to die by the sword.
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 12, 2009
By the way Robby. Why is no-one accusing Herve of "spamming" with a link to his book every time he writes? When I mentioned www.visit-dubai.co.uk, I was told it was "spam". Yet you mention your own Invezztor blog as well, with Google ads on it.

What about "pots and kettles", Robby ??
Actually you have written a good blog on Dubai and admitted what I have been saying since January......although you have said much more.
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 12, 2009
After reading all the posts including Herve's comments and defences, I still think the below is the nost sensible post in this topic..

rudeboy wrote:before you ventured into dubai you knew pretty well what you were getting yourself into. simply the money was good so you decided to move in now everything is bad you decide to bad mouth dubai and make money out of your experience. hmmmmm

I think its all about money, nothing else would make sense!!!
hamadl
Dubai Forums Talker

Mar 12, 2009
RedKite wrote:By the way Robby. Why is no-one accusing Herve of "spamming" with a link to his book every time he writes? When I mentioned www.visit-dubai.co.uk, I was told it was "spam". Yet you mention your own Invezztor blog as well, with Google ads on it.

Actually you have written a good blog on Dubai and admitted what I have been saying since January......although you have said much more.

write anything bad about Dubai and you will be welcomed , this is the policy here ,I thought you knew this by know :wink:
uaekid

Mar 12, 2009
RedKite wrote:By the way Robby. Why is no-one accusing Herve of "spamming" with a link to his book every time he writes? When I mentioned www.visit-dubai.co.uk, I was told it was "spam". Yet you mention your own Invezztor blog as well, with Google ads on it.

write anything bad about Dubai and you will be welcomed , this is the policy here ,I thought you knew this by know :wink:
uaekid

Mar 12, 2009
uaekid wrote:

@RedKite;
Its all relative. I didn't mind the first few times you put up that website. Then you post that link every time you can. Thats promotion and you didn't even come out for it while i asked you several times indirectly.

Anyway, I learned a lesson from that and put my modest weblog in the signature beam below. So every message I post, gives a reader the opportunity to click on it for himself without having to stick the hyperlink in as you do in many accasions...sometimes off-topic.

See the kettle in perspective and you'll agree. Honestly ;)

@Rudeboy;
Its nothing bad about Dubai :lol: Its reality, now face it.
Get off a that bed of roses you're on. Below the rosebed are thorns hiding...

@Herve;
How's the company going by the way? Still entrepreneuring?
RobbyG

Mar 12, 2009
^ I'm going to hold off my opinion until the facts are laid out. (Which by the way is not the best thing to do on an internet forum).

Furthermore, on his website he has a few pictures regarding the operations of the business, (and even a pic with Richard Branson)... Not that it matters too much.

Like I said before, I'll hold off. I have my opinions regarding Dubai and the people who call it home, but everyone else has their opinions as well.

I hope you can shed light and give solid PROOF, without a SHRED OF DOUBT, about the unseen of Dubai.

Everyone knows that Dubai is one giant facade. It's not really groundbreaking news. The infringement on human life DIRECTLY by the Ruling family however, THAT IS BREAKING NEWS!

My $0.02 or .07 AED for what its worth.
dresden
Dubai chat master

Mar 12, 2009
herve wrote:i am sure the other "geeza" will have a story that fits you better....
however i would like to know how they can justify coercion and torture threats. i mean is it ok with you, regardless if the person is guily or not.
all the gcc countries are connected to the same police system, which means if you have a travel ban in Dubai, it is in the system of all gcc countries, they catch you in qatar they send you right back, even if you have a new passport.
pakistan is a little bit of a risk with what s going on there right now, arriving in pakistan without a passport, pretending to be a tourist is not really a good idea. us or french embassies in the UAE never help, just one guy represents little against huge political and economic UAE interests, even if he is a refugee, dont count on it.
Really within 800 miles radius, india is the only friendly country where it is acceptable to sail the ocean as a tourist, and there is french embassy who does not give a damn of the UAE. Besides because of the way the UAE treats indians in the UAE, india is not about to help the UAE.

www.escapefromdubai.com

no wonder there was a terroist bombing in mumbhai :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 12, 2009
rudeboy wrote:
herve wrote:i am sure the other "geeza" will have a story that fits you better....

www.escapefromdubai.com

It is amazing that Herve keeps trying to communicate with you :lol:
Its like entering a dead-end road...and at the end, you throw rocks at him.

Are you raised in Gaza or something :wink:

:lol:
RobbyG

Mar 13, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
rudeboy wrote:

www.escapefromdubai.com

It is amazing that Herve keeps trying to communicate with you :lol:
Its like entering a dead-end road...and at the end, you throw rocks at him.

Are you raised in Gaza or something :wink:

:lol:

i wish good luck to herve. not sure what he is trying to achieve exactly. but good luck to him.

just cant believe to what extent some ppl will do. honestly speaking i cant really believe he has the time to come on a forum and say he is a spy. bloody hell if i was a spy and knew how to manufacture a submarine, hell i would be travelling around the world in my lil submarine. but i guess ppl look for an easy way out.

herve i am not going to argue with you and cant stop you from what you are doing. but the fact is not everyone is the same. not every emarati is the same. and not every muslim is the same.

I feel for you, i understand that yes maybe they were harsh on you and yes they went to extreme lengths but the fact is this is a hard time for everyone. not just you or me but everyone worldwide but do you see everyone else coming out with a movie or a book about their bad experience in dubai just to make a few "quick" quids?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 13, 2009
Hey there, just stumbled across this ... know how it is - spare time after the pub ! I worked for the same overall organisation as Herve ...

I can confirm this much, they will use any means possible to make sure that you leave with less than you arrived, that includes false accusations, fabrication of evidence, confiscation of passports, police complaints, arrest, detention (ask Mat Joyce) and frankly the higher up the pay scale the nastier they are.

I was aware of Herve, his company, his past & for those of you living with your heads in the clouds, that he indeed got out in the manner described, and please believe me when I tell you that the executive hot line burned red hot once that news got out. Well done Herve.

Take a look at what is going on in Nakheel - the CFO KT, a guy who had his choice of division, department, business at his finger tips would rather leave than run the gauntlet of the xenophobic auditors and over enthused and under qualified yokels wanting the reins of power - maybe he had a half used pack of PostIt notes in his briefcase and got scared .....

Anyone running a book on when Chris O'Donnell leaves? (or gets exited) My money is on September, right after handing over the reigns to Aldar

@RudeBoy I hope that the gov.dept that you work for pay you enough to justify you selling your soul to what in the end will be remembered only for its excess and indentured slavery. Take a look in the mirror, is there a green frog looking back? Well that would be because you are a muppet.
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 13, 2009
Actually rudeboy had a point, if i managed to get to the country and walk the streets without being checked by immigration, navy, police or coast guards, then terrorists could do it with bombs and guns, and that is exactly what happened. but it could happened anywhere with trained people, not just india.
even in dubai.
it is very difficult to prevent anyways unless transforming a country into a georges orwell world. even Dubai is not free from illegal entry, the same way i got out, the same way I could get in. and it is not uaekid who could stop me . i explain how i did it in my book. all the details.
i know all emirati's are not the same, i feel sorry for them to live under a dicatorship without knowing it. i know hardship is affecting many people, but i have the capacity to tell my story, and with it others will come out to speak out, because, true, i was not the only one in this situation.
when i was a spy, yes , i lived by the sword, somewhat, accepting the risks and all. the difference with my dubai experience, is that i quit the service 10 years before, i was a different man, family man, business man, not a spy to live by the sword or expecting to be attacked. in dubai i was betrade, i was friend with sultan, going to gogo girls bars in africa, the next day he threw me to his wolves like he never met me before. i did not know you can't be friend with an emirati, it is only based on interest, the minute they lose interest they stab you in the back. but i am a fighter and i bite.
when i was undercover in certain countries i expected to find adversity or be stabbed, the problem in dubai is that i did not expect it, i went there on the shake of a hand, no money first hand and promises, to only find myself trapped later.
I have nothing against the muslims, it is the Emirati's, i have never seen such hypocrisy and arrogance, wolves in sheep clothes. I expose it in my book, documented, proven, i can guarantee that after people read my book they will think twice before going to Dubai or investing there.
it is not bad mouthing, it is about the truth, Dubai is a fraud and needs to be exposed so less people get caught.
They will have the dilemma to ban my book or not, if they ban it, i will put accross the cover "BANNED IN DUBAI" which will prove me right and sell a hundred times more books, and if they dont ban it people in dubai will have a chance to have another perspective and ask questions. either way they will get it, i am making sure of that.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat