Pork Meat

Topic locked
Mar 06, 2009
gtmash wrote:
Speedhump wrote:
gtmash wrote:
billystyle wrote:If we are not supposed to eat pork................Why did God make it taste so good!

It tastes like tasty. I ate it once by mistake in America, and I knew I was eating tasty when I put it in my mouth. So I spit it out and later found out what it was. Normally I cannot tell the difference between red meats.

Hi. Pork is a 'white meat' like chicken.

Heck, what do I know. I just assumed it's red because salami slices looked red compared to turkey slices at the college cafeteria in Atlanta.

Salami can be made of any meat, beef, pork, chicken, whatever, and is sometimes even coloured with blood!
:)

Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 06, 2009
TheChoosen wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:Deuteronomy 14:8

And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you: ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcase.

Leviticus 11:7

And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.

Taken from the King James version.

So its also not allowed to eat camels???? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Or deer?

speaking of camels, ever since i'm here i wanted to taste it, but never had the chance. actually i've never seen it in any of the supermarkerts.
anybody knows where i can get some?
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 07, 2009
raidah wrote:
TheChoosen wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:Deuteronomy 14:8

And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you: ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcase.

Leviticus 11:7

And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.

Taken from the King James version.

So its also not allowed to eat camels???? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Or deer?

speaking of camels, ever since i'm here i wanted to taste it, but never had the chance. actually i've never seen it in any of the supermarkerts.
anybody knows where i can get some?

No but if anyone can help I'd like to try it too.

I don't think camel or deer is forbidden in an Islamic diet (if killed in Halal manner) because Islam doesn't say anything about the split hoof, and neither of these eat meat or blood.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 07, 2009
in Tunis we wanted to have some camel. but somehow again it didn't happen. they do eat camel, which is why i'm surprised you can't just find the meat in shops.
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

well Mar 07, 2009
Im Arabic/Muslim guy,Pork is forbidden in Islam for many reasons (google it to know). I had so many christian friends here and back home. what I know is that I can't force them not to eat pork, its their religion and life, they are free. I love my religion, so I avoid it, thats it.
If my Christian friends invited me, I simply ask which plate contains pork, and I avoid it.
when it comes to me, I don't eat pork, and I don't feel like trying camels or horses (my friend tried it in Russia).
Far Asians eat dogs, cat, snakes, rats...etc. thats their choice.
howdy

Re: well Mar 07, 2009
howdy wrote:Im Arabic/Muslim guy,Pork is forbidden in Islam for many reasons (google it to know). I had so many christian friends here and back home. what I know is that I can't force them not to eat pork, its their religion and life, they are free. I love my religion, so I avoid it, thats it.
If my Christian friends invited me, I simply ask which plate contains pork, and I avoid it.
when it comes to me, I don't eat pork, and I don't feel like trying camels or horses (my friend tried it in Russia).
Far Asians eat dogs, cat, snakes, rats...etc. thats their choice.

Hi howdy (that sounds weird!). Your tolerance is nice to see and I wish it were more in evidence, all over the world.

If you eat in non-muslim houses I guess it's hard for you to know what you can eat. For example I know most Muslims say gelatin is haram and so they won't eat processed desserts or kids' sweets as they often include gelatin, whihc is usually made from pig skin or bones. But some say that as it's so chemically processed/altered it's no longer pig.....
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 07, 2009
you can buy camel meat from hyper panda in festival centre
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 07, 2009
xero_ wrote:you can buy camel meat from hyper panda in festival centre

:)

thanks, I'll check it out!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 07, 2009
i personally find the smell of pork to be repulsive, my friends slipped some into my sandwich once without telling me and i spent the rest of the day sick in the school bathroom... blekh
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 07, 2009
bushra21 wrote:i personally find the smell of pork to be repulsive, my friends slipped some into my sandwich once without telling me and i spent the rest of the day sick in the school bathroom... blekh

I guess maybe psychological as much as anything, if you are brought up to detest it from your earliest life (guessing here!).

How about camel, do you have any experience?
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 07, 2009
Del wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:Isn't Jesus and God the same thing ?

No.

Jesus was a man and prophet.

that's what said in islam!!!!

and I find no difference!!!!![/quote]

In the Bible, Jesus is also God, part of the Holy Trinity....go figure![/quote]

Um no! Jesus was the son of God - not God!

There's nothing wrong with pork. Pigs are actually one of the cleanest animals around, plus they are super intelligent. It's just because pigs will basically eat anything, including meat.

Hmmm yet it's okay to eat calves which have been given growth hormones and Angel Dust/PCP to make them grow faster!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 07, 2009
Mmm no its not a psychological thing, just a personal opinion. Camel meat is delicious, you should definately give it a try. -'m not sure where it can be purchased though, I can find out
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 07, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:
Del wrote:
desertdudeshj wrote:Isn't Jesus and God the same thing ?

No.

Jesus was a man and prophet.

that's what said in islam!!!!

and I find no difference!!!!!

In the Bible, Jesus is also God, part of the Holy Trinity....go figure![/quote]

Um no! Jesus was the son of God - not God[/unquote]

You're not understanding the concept of the Holy Trinity. God, son of God, holy spirit. All are God! Read up on it (although not sure why anyone would bother...)

There's nothing wrong with pork. Pigs are actually one of the cleanest animals around, plus they are super intelligent. It's just because pigs will basically eat anything, including meat.

Hmmm yet it's okay to eat calves which have been given growth hormones and Angel Dust/PCP to make them grow faster![/quote]
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 07, 2009
sorry the last post was for choco. Iphones are horrrible for forum work. In the Holy Trinity, Jesus is God. FWIW!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

hi Mar 07, 2009
nice comments from you guys, I guess we are not talking about Jesus here, what I know is that I believe in him as a prophet.

No offense, but I will say my own opinion about pork meat. my informations might be incorrect, but thats what I heard.

-Pork, the animal, eats meat, and even human flesh. prove of that the case of the serial killer in canada last year, he was killing women, throwing their bodies to his pork, they ate them with the bones even. as it happened in "Hannibal" the movie.

-they eat their own dirt.

-as I know, pig is the only animal which has sexual relation with the same sex. male-male.

search at youtube, and see how to take out worms from pork meat.

sorry again guys.
howdy

Mar 08, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Hmmm yet it's okay to eat calves which have been given growth hormones

What's wrong with growth hormones? I find it funny how a certain "upscale" section of the population has been tricked into paying more for organic food, which has no additives and should therefore be cheaper.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Re: hi Mar 08, 2009
howdy wrote:nice comments from you guys, I guess we are not talking about Jesus here, what I know is that I believe in him as a prophet.

No offense, but I will say my own opinion about pork meat. my informations might be incorrect, but thats what I heard.

-Pork, the animal, eats meat, and even human flesh. prove of that the case of the serial killer in canada last year, he was killing women, throwing their bodies to his pork, they ate them with the bones even. as it happened in "Hannibal" the movie.

-they eat their own dirt.

-as I know, pig is the only animal which has sexual relation with the same love. male-male.

search at youtube, and see how to take out worms from pork meat.

sorry again guys.

No need to apologise, we are having an intelligent discussion!

Maybe you have not been permitted to study the Bible, Jesus is believed to be the Son of God, in the Christian religion, not just a prophet. It's just a diference of belief. We do not have to argue about who is right, OK?

About pigs, again, I think you maybe have some false information, but again, we are not arguing, just discussing what we understand as truth and fiction.

Trichonisis worms (the worms that can infect pork) are MICROSCOPIC, you could not see them appear from an uncooked pork chop. You should not get your scientific information from YouTube videos!!!!

Also:
"Because of modern feeding practices, trichinosis is a no longer a concern. Although trichina is virtually nonexistent in pork, if it were present, it would be killed at 137 degrees F. That's well below the recommended end cooking temperature for pork, which is 160 degrees F."

So, you cannot get sick from pork if you cook it with even the minimum of culinary skill (unless you are like bushra and you just don't like it, which is fair enough). Exactly the same as avoiding salmonella in chicken, you just have to cook it properly. I bet you eat chicken?

Any animal will eat its own faeces if faced with starvation, but pigs are quite intelligent (scientific studies show that) and can understand the difference between their own waste (of no nutritional value) and food. A properly cared for pig will not eat its own faeces.

Pigs do not wallow in filth, they bathe in mud if available to cool themselves, they are bulky animals and do not have sweat glands so cannot lose heat easily. Just like the hippopotamus for example.

Homosexual and bisexual behavior are widespread in the animal kingdom, you can check this out, it's quite true.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_animals

Lastly, pigs who have eaten human flesh? Yes they will eat just about anything, but I think you won't find meat from a human-eating pig in the Pork Shop at Spinneys, just like you probably don't live next door to an axe-murderer, or are unlikely ever to be unlucky enough to be on a plane with a bomb on it.

I took no offense at your post howdy, I hope you don't take offense at mine, we are just having a discussion :)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 08, 2009
gtmash wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Hmmm yet it's okay to eat calves which have been given growth hormones

What's wrong with growth hormones? I find it funny how a certain "upscale" section of the population has been tricked into paying more for organic food, which has no additives and should therefore be cheaper.

You're wrong to say that growth hormones are OK, but I agree about 'organic' produce. For example it's probably better for the environment if we living in the UAE eat UAE grown potatoes, peppers, onions, etc., rather than those shipped at environmental expense from Holland, Egypt, etc., no matter how pretty and colourful the imports look.

BUT we should definitely be paying attention to the amount and type of (often banned) pesticides and chemical fertilisers that are being used in mass produced foods worldwide. Organic farming if done on a small scale does cost more, as economies of scale are largely absent, so prices will be higher, however I have no doubt that the profit margin rises too in a lot of cases, as you say!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 08, 2009
islamically speaking, we are not allowed to eat animals that eat other meat, carnivores, so there's another reason we are not allowed to eat pork meat since pigs are omnivores and eat anything.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 08, 2009
gtmash wrote:

Organic food is expensive to grow not because of absence or presence of additives, it is because it is labor tasking to grow it. Imagine two situations. In 1) u r growing tomatoes in a non-organic fashion. So you take half an hour to go around your plot of land and spray your herbicide which kills all the weeds.
In 2) u r growing organic tomatoes. U can't use herbicides so u have to manually go and remove every single weed on your plot of land. Instead of 30 minutes, this could take you three days. Hence the cost rises.

And that is just one example. Insecticides, artificial fertilizers, herbicides; all these products make it easier to mass produce crops. Without them, things become more difficult and therefore more expensive
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 08, 2009
dee7o wrote:U can't use herbicides so u have to manually go and remove every single weed on your plot of land.

Is that what they make you believe they do? :lol:
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 08, 2009
gtmash wrote:
dee7o wrote:U can't use herbicides so u have to manually go and remove every single weed on your plot of land.

good point :D
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 08, 2009
dee7o wrote:
gtmash wrote:

good point :D

There are organic pesticides and fertilisers. Anyone who has sprayed their rose garden with washing up liquid diluted in water to kill greenfly has just used one! Organic weedkillers also, but I think their effectiveness is questionable.

I'm not quote as cynical as gtmash, I believe there is already some benefit in organic farming, but at the moment there aren't the controls in place to allow us to know exactly how nice producers are being to the envornment, when someone calls their product 'organic'. ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

great Mar 08, 2009
Great and useful informations im getting here. Speedhump has good knowledge, and the rest of the guys. I heard that in the army (in so many countries, including mine) they force them to eat frogs and snakes to prepare them for the worst war conditions. it's fine, thats what they accept. for me I love chicken,meat, and I adore fish. thats it.
howdy

Mar 08, 2009
Snakes, Frogs and other kind of "bushmeat" is a natural combat ration of chinese and other asian armys, african too :lol: :lol:

In "western" special forces (survival training) you learn to prepare it, in case ther is no Mc´Donalds in reach

:lol: :lol:
TheChoosen
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 09, 2009
bushra21 wrote:i personally find the smell of pork to be repulsive

Me too and I'm a Protestant.
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 09, 2009
some were talking about camel meat too....

I ate lastnight a few pieces of camel meat .., it was tasty..not the tasty you guys mean!!!!

I think I feel ok ......

8)
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Mar 09, 2009
sharfraz wrote:some were talking about camel meat too....

I ate lastnight a few pieces of camel meat .., it was tasty..not the tasty you guys mean!!!!

I think I feel ok ......

8)

I tried it a few years ago in Egypt, prepared as a stew, very nice :headbang:
TheChoosen
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 09, 2009
sharfraz wrote:some were talking about camel meat too....

I think I feel ok ......

8)

Haha, you didn't die then! That's just my joke, I have eaten snake, alligator, kangaroo, even crispy frog porridge in Singapore. I'm still here :D

I think camel could be very nice in a tagine, should be an authentic way to cook it maybe too. I'm going to try to get some!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 09, 2009
should try the camel milk chocolate!!!!!

:?
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat