Speeding Fine And Its In RED

Topic locked
Speeding Fine and its in RED Feb 22, 2009
Hi All

I just check and i have speeding fine which is in RED and it says Dhs 1,000 next to it

But below it say that i cannot pay this fine and i need to visit the traffic dept...

Also below it showing that my vehicle is to be IMPOUNDED for 30 Days...!!

Please help i have only 1 car and i dont want it to be impounded .

Is there any way i can avoid the impound tenure i dont mind paying the fine which is 1,000 Dhs

Please guys help me out...

jagdesh
Dubai Forum Guest

Feb 22, 2009
when you plan traveling on your next vacation... pay the fine and give them the car..

and when you return back from vacation go and collect it...

you can still drive the car without problems as far as your car registration did not expire
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Feb 22, 2009
dam that sucks dude.

My fathers car was once impounded for 30days. In the hot summer.. urg.... lets just say once we got the car back all the interior fittings were falling apart, obviously due to the heat.
kashif
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 22, 2009
Nope you can't get around it! They won't let you pay the 100 Dhs a day instead of it being impounded anymore.

Suck it up and learn the lesson! And you got a 1,000 Dhs fine because you were well over the limit! It probably means you've racked up a load of points on your licence too.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Speeding Fine and its in RED Feb 22, 2009
jagdesh wrote:Hi All

I just check and i have speeding fine which is in RED and it says Dhs 1,000 next to it

But below it say that i cannot pay this fine and i need to visit the traffic dept...

Is there any way i can avoid the impound tenure i dont mind paying the fine which is 1,000 Dhs

Exactly what are you expection, as Chocs says you were obviously travelling at very high speed, which in turn will be endangering the lives of others around you.
Take your car to the Police, pay the fine and take the punishment.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 22, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Nope you can't get around it! They won't let you pay the 100 Dhs a day instead of it being impounded anymore.

Suck it up and learn the lesson! And you got a 1,000 Dhs fine because you were well over the limit! It probably means you've racked up a load of points on your licence too.

cameras in dubai have gotten a bit over the top dont ya think?

I am usually a very safe driver.

I got flashed on the Jumeirah beach road few months ago while i was doing 70!!

I have heard radars arent really that accurate. If the angle at which they are placed is incorrect, it can wrongly flash you.

Whats more i see lots of ppl hitting brakes when they see the cameras these days, even though they are well within the speed limit. This actually could cause an accident.
kashif
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 22, 2009
kashif wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Nope you can't get around it! They won't let you pay the 100 Dhs a day instead of it being impounded anymore.

I have heard radars arent really that accurate. If the angle at which they are placed is incorrect, it can wrongly flash you.

Whats more i see lots of ppl hitting brakes when they see the cameras these days, even though they are well within the speed limit. This actually could cause an accident.

On Jumeirah Beach Road it is well known that the Radar Cameras are zero tolerance, you were exceeding 70, maybe you should have your speedo checked.
In any case your 1000 fine was not for doing 70 on Jumeirah Beach Road, maybe you were doing x 2
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Speeding Fine and its in RED Feb 22, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
jagdesh wrote:Hi All

Exactly what are you expection, as Chocs says you were obviously travelling at very high speed, which in turn will be endangering the lives of others around you.
Take your car to the Police, pay the fine and take the punishment.

Lol dude... lets not just assume he was driving very fast. Flashes can happen even streets where he may have been over speeding by 10kms maybe.

only place i can see ppl driving fast is the shiekh zayed or emirates road. Counting out the last few weeks. Traffic on that road has been so bad thoughout the last few years that speeding at VERY HIGH speeds is just no possible.
kashif
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 22, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
kashif wrote:

On Jumeirah Beach Road it is well known that the Radar Cameras are zero tolerance, you were exceeding 70, maybe you should have your speedo checked.
In any case your 1000 fine was not for doing 70 on Jumeirah Beach Road, maybe you were doing x 2

umm i never said i was fined for a 1000.

i just said i was fined.

was for 400 i think cant remember exactly. Anyways as i mentioned radars arent exactly accurate. Even a slight angle placement can give a false reading to them.
kashif
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 22, 2009
kashif wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
kashif wrote:

umm i never said i was fined for a 1000.

i just said i was fined.

was for 400 i think cant remember exactly. Anyways as i mentioned radars arent exactly accurate. Even a slight angle placement can give a false reading to them.

Sorry, my mistake it was the original poster that had the 1000 fine.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 22, 2009
The average speeding fine for doing between 10 - 30 km over the limit is 500 - 700 Dhs. To get a 1,000 Dhs fine you have to be doing around 160 - 200km and hour, which is well over the limit. And each 1,000 Dhs fine carries 12 black points - apparently.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 22, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:The average speeding fine for doing between 10 - 30 km over the limit is 500 - 700 Dhs. To get a 1,000 Dhs fine you have to be doing around 160 - 200km and hour, which is well over the limit. And each 1,000 Dhs fine carries 12 black points - apparently.

And to be honest well deserved if you are doing those speeds.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 22, 2009
guys take it easy...

the guy asked a question and is expecting an answer...

we are not his parents to tell him things like "GO and learn the lesson"

for ones stop assaulting new visitors to the forum with offensive replies
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Feb 22, 2009
quatroporte wrote:guys take it easy...

Image Image Image Image
Del
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 22, 2009
^ So here's a completely non-assaulting reply.

The thread started wanted to know what to do.

In this order:
1. Pay the fine.
2. Get your car impounded.
3. Search the thread for the other people with 1 post who asked the exact same question and got flamed the same way.

My rude opinon (not for the whussy's).
You were speeding WELL above the limit for the fine you got. You deserve it... Don't B$*ch about it; not that you have yet... but if you do.. you will get flamed x2.
Some sage advice from my kindergarten teacher... "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time!"
dresden
Dubai chat master

Feb 22, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:The average speeding fine for doing between 10 - 30 km over the limit is 500 - 700 Dhs. To get a 1,000 Dhs fine you have to be doing around 160 - 200km and hour, which is well over the limit. And each 1,000 Dhs fine carries 12 black points - apparently.

Hahaha, our moral officer speaking out :wink:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 22, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Hahaha, our moral officer speaking out :wink:

It's not a question of being a "Moral Officer", it is simple good sense, if your family were ever involved in an accident caused by someone driving at such excessive speed what would you be saying?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 22, 2009
Until that context goes into reality, I would say; mind your own business and let the justice department do its work (by fining and impounding in this case).

Your sounding like a moral officer Sage. Some people simply don't like that all the time.

You surely are able to appreciate my opinion, can you?
RobbyG

Feb 22, 2009
After many years, I was just flashed doing 'almost' 120 kph on a 4-lane(!) highway that changes from 120 to 80 in the space of a few metres. I was in the 80 zone, and driving some other company's car. What's the penalty?

I am thinking 700 at most and no points?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 22, 2009
ok u can do one thing

if this is ur first time to get ur car impound ,things will be easier..

first go to the police traffic dept. , tell them that u want to pay the fine and ask if u can buy the impound..if they say no , u can tell them that u need the car and this is ur first time ..they might tell u to impound the car for on week and pay the rest days..dont waste ur time if u couldnt pay the fine thats mean they can impound ur car anytime they want..so its better for u to go there and try to explain everything and talk to them..by the way i just bought my impound days and everything was good.. :wink:
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 22, 2009
Naruto, what does it cost per impound day to buy out?
RobbyG

Feb 23, 2009
quatroporte wrote:guys take it easy...

I think people here are a bit touchy about driving offenses/issues. Unfortunately every one on the road was subject to abuse by other drivers: Tailgating, shoulder overtaking, abusive language to name a few.

Hence people show a little or no mercy to offenders neglecting the fact that no system is fault-free. And no motorist can comply with all the rules all the time.
bedro
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 23, 2009
if you wana see offensive go to Egypt , divers especially taxi ones will make you say your last prayers , I thought as a local I've seen it all but them guys took driving to another level. The driving from the airport to the hotel was the most terrifying experience I've been too. I was so scared I sward to god I'll be a nice person if I get out of this alive LOOOOOOOOL
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Feb 23, 2009
RobbyG wrote:Naruto, what does it cost per impound day to buy out?

100 dirham per day
naruto
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 23, 2009
uaekid wrote:if you wana see offensive go to Egypt , divers especially taxi ones will make you say your last prayers , I thought as a local I've seen it all but them guys took driving to another level. The driving from the airport to the hotel was the most terrifying experience I've been too. I was so scared I sward to god I'll be a nice person if I get out of this alive LOOOOOOOOL

Yeah! well that'd be a better reason to stop scaring the sh1t out of poor drivers. I haven't made any accidents with locals but you guys tailgate any thing that moves. U'd tailgate a passing cat in a parking lot if you have to :lol:

I'm just kidding...
bedro
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 23, 2009

You can pay against the days. However, if you have points on your D/L, then Lord save you
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Feb 23, 2009
It depends! Sometimes they won't let you pay the days, depends who you get at the desk and it they're feeling nice.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 23, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:It depends! Sometimes they won't let you pay the days, depends who you get at the desk and it they're feeling nice.

I agree.. its all luck by chance these days..
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Feb 23, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:It depends! Sometimes they won't let you pay the days, depends who you get at the desk and it they're feeling nice.

Maybe a proper bribe will persuade them ;)
RobbyG

Feb 23, 2009
RobbyG wrote:

Maybe a proper bribe will persuade them ;)

Robb...dont ever ..ever ..try that.. believe me..
ahamed
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat