Grace Range For Over Speeding In Dubai Reduced!

Topic locked
Oct 27, 2009
Only Emiratis will be allowed to start ay 16, many of them drive from 14 onwards, and making it legal will allow them to do so legally. Going by the way many of them drive, and the huge chip they have on their shoulders, I dont think this will be a good move.

BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 27, 2009
It's a terrible idea! How can a 14 year old 'child' have any concept of road use. Like I said if they're going to do it, they need to make the insurance astronomical, restrict the engine and vehicle size for a probationary period. Heck make them drive 45 cars!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 27, 2009
I think you're all being very narrow minded on the issue. If the RTA is going to let 16 year olds drive, that opens the door for other underprivileged groups (with similar IQ's) to drive also.

I'm thinking mainly of monkeys. Your average 20 year old orangutan is probably the intellectual peer of a 16 year old, and they have a terrible time getting from A to B. They don't have jobs so they can't earn money to travel, it's a vicious cycle.

Also, dolphins and some of the smaller marine mammals will be able to be more mobile on land than before.

RTA, I salute you.
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 27, 2009
The world (or forum) has gone mad, mad I tell you! Look there's pigs flyngi in the sky - oh no wait they're driving the pink shampooch vehicle - don't forget them, the porkers are more intelligent than most people on the roads here!

My dog is also waiting in line for her licence.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 27, 2009
Dr Strangeglove wrote:I think you're all being very narrow minded on the issue. If the RTA is going to let 16 year olds drive, that opens the door for other underprivileged groups (with similar IQ's) to drive also.

I'm thinking mainly of monkeys. Your average 20 year old orangutan is probably the intellectual peer of a 16 year old, and they have a terrible time getting from A to B. They don't have jobs so they can't earn money to travel, it's a vicious cycle.

Also, dolphins and some of the smaller marine mammals will be able to be more mobile on land than before.

RTA, I salute you.

Brilliant

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 27, 2009
Dr Strangeglove wrote:I think you're all being very narrow minded on the issue. If the RTA is going to let 16 year olds drive, that opens the door for other underprivileged groups (with similar IQ's) to drive also.

RTA, I salute you.

Witty!! :)

I like your style Doc!!!

Come by more often!!!!!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat