Best Dealer For Second Hand Cars?

Topic locked
Best dealer for second hand cars? Jan 06, 2009
can anyone recommend a dealer in dubai with a good selection of pre-owned cars? preferably 2004 - 2006 models

cheers in advance

james c
Dubai Forum User

Jan 06, 2009
dubai inter- airport will do :)
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 06, 2009
why not wait for the auction of those siezed airport cars? =)
Jot
Dubai Forums Member

Jan 06, 2009
IF u thinking.. i think u just check the news paper classifieds...

go to http://www.gulfnews.com and check the listing over there.. and ur other option is to go to the agency where u want to buy your car from. and ask them for the quality approved
waelsalem
Dubai Forum User

Re: Best dealer for second hand cars? Jan 06, 2009
james c wrote:can anyone recommend a dealer in dubai with a good selection of pre-owned cars? preferably 2004 - 2006 models

cheers in advance

You could try Al Awir for used cars, however, I will not recommend any of them. Thet are all cowboys and rip-off merchants (no change to anywhere else in the world). Some will say this one, some will say that that was was SHITE. Everybody has had a bad experience somewhere with one of them here.

What kind of car are you looking for i.e. 4x4, saloon, sports?

How much do you know about cars, if you are mechanically OK with cars, then check out Spinney's Notice Boards and places like that or Gulf News / www.Dubai-bb.com etc.

Also, check out www.evolve.ae/forum in the For Sale thread.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

yorky500 wrote:
james c wrote:can anyone recommend a dealer in dubai with a good selection of pre-owned cars? preferably 2004 - 2006 models

cheers in advance

You could try Al Awir for used cars, however, I will not recommend any of them. Thet are all cowboys and rip-off merchants (no change to anywhere else in the world). Some will say this one, some will say that that was was SHITE. Everybody has had a bad experience somewhere with one of them here.

What kind of car are you looking for i.e. 4x4, saloon, sports?

How much do you know about cars, if you are mechanically OK with cars, then check out Spinney's Notice Boards and places like that or Gulf News/ http://www.dubai-bb.com etc.

Also, check out www.evolve.ae/forum in the For Sale thread.

ta for the advice. not looking for anything fancy, just a decent 2 ltr european or japanese saloon (peugeout, mazda etc)....

the only thing mechanical i know about cars is where to put the petrol, so id rather not buy privately. would prefer to buy with a warranty
james c
Dubai Forum User

Jan 06, 2009
Be careful about warranties on used cars. While some might genuinely offer a warranty, like Al Futtaim Automall, Al Tayer, etc, others advertise a "remaining" warranty, which in reality they mean the official dealer "might" fix problems on "goodwill," since not all car companies transfer warranties when a car is sold.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 06, 2009
gtmash wrote:Be careful about warranties on used cars. While some might genuinely offer a warranty, like Al Futtaim Automall, Al Tayer, etc, others advertise a "remaining" warranty, which in reality they mean the official dealer "might" fix problems on "goodwill," since not all car companies transfer warranties when a car is sold.

I hear where you are coming from, but that is complete BS and I would argue the toss with the Stealership. The Warranty in on the car, not the owner/driver of the car.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

james c wrote:ta for the advice. not looking for anything fancy, just a decent 2 ltr european or japanese saloon (peugeout, mazda etc)....

the only thing mechanical i know about cars is where to put the petrol, so id rather not buy privately. would prefer to buy with a warranty

If you are buying a car that is 2004 - 2006, then it will not have any Warranty, esp the Pugs and Mazda's. They come with, i think, 2 years or 60,000km's warranty only (somebody may correct me).

A Jap manufacture car is far, far more practical.

At the end of the day, if you see one advertised, as long as it has full service history, done regularly, and it looks, drives and feels good, then it should be OK. You can always check with the main agent on the car.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 06, 2009
Best car i have so far purchased and there has been a lot of them was from Al Aweer,worst was from 4X4,just bought an SS from a local,cheap and good
busa
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 06, 2009
where is the auction held on the cars left at the airport! would you get a good deal on a car here?
mizzyk
Dubai Forum User

Jan 08, 2009
go to port rashid and get some cheap deals on saloons & sports vehicles.

although the vehicles are imported, many of them are in good condition.

and if you tend to buy one from there, make sure you get it checked thoroughly from tasjeel or shamil & do a ccm test from tasjeel .

and if you are looking into skylines & mark II /crestas .. get good deals in ajman sannaiyaa. i love those sxy lime green skylines they have for sale for 30k's
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Jan 10, 2009
a lot of tips and info about Al Aweer here

http://www.dubaifaqs.com/al-aweer-used- ... -dubai.php

Personally, i bought my jeep from there and it was a good un'. 8 years old one lady doctor owner 140k in 7 years and a Al Fattain stamp every 5000 kms.

If you adhere to the rules when buying a car from anywhere, you should be ok. Rule 1 - Never buy a car with no service history stamps in the Service Book.

Rule 2. Only buy a car with all the Main Dealer service stamps in the Serive Book.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 18, 2009
Dear Viewer,

Lets talk business directly.
You want your vehicle in best price and service on priority??
We can provide you whateva you want.

Do not scrap me here. Infact reach me directly at
rachit(at the rate)sbtjapan(dot)com

Trust me. You dont want to miss the kind of units we deal in...

Best condition - Best price. Already having more than 845 customers..

Left hand drive or Right Hand Drive - we have it all.

Once again. do not scrap me here. reach me directly at
rachit(at the rate)sbtjapan(dot)com
rachit
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 24, 2009
i think al futtaim motors is quite good
aishamalik
Dubai Forum User

Re: Best dealer for second hand cars? Mar 25, 2009

cheers in advance

One of the best used car dealer in Dubai
asif.ahmed
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 25, 2009
Someone's gonna get hit with a
Hulahula
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: Best Dealer For Second Hand Cars? Sep 26, 2013
hi james c[/b] , i know one fair dealer .he is providing good condition car within your budget.. rightcar is the dealer name check on web

--- Oct 04, 2013 ---

james c ,
Most of the people don't know the actual value of their car.if you want to buy a classic car than it is determined by number of factors like make,model and condition and if it belonged to any famous personality its value will be more....so proper valuation of car is important

--- Oct 11, 2013 ---

asif.ahmed ,the main advantage of buying a used car in chennai is that sometimes you can get the same amount of car you paid in next few years.There are many fair Used Car Dealers in Chennai you can check on internet at your home.
rightcar
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Best Dealer For Second Hand Cars? Nov 06, 2013
Buying a used car can be the simplest and cheapest way to get your dream car. If you wish to get a used car at an equally affordable and efficient pricing www.8Keyz.com help you in buying used car in Dubai at an affordable rate.
8Keyz
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Best Dealer For Second Hand Cars? Dec 22, 2013
Go to Al Awir - plenty of places there. Not sure how trustworthy they are though?!?!?
Elly123
Dubai Expat Wannabe

undefined Feb 08, 2014
Try http://www.expatwheels.com

They are British expat guys (based in Dubai) who help you find the car you want or help sell your car for you. Everybody raves about them!
Irishpete
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto