Are You Glad You Moved To Dubai And Why?

Topic locked
Dec 31, 2008
yorky500 wrote:uaekid,

Agree totally with what you have said, but where would you be if you did not have "us foreigners" here? Would Emirati's be sweeping the streets, cleaning windows and doing all those minor jobs for a pittance of a salary, they do elsewhere in the world?

Would the Emirati's stand up and take the place of the foreigners who leave?

Obviously a big NO.....

reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 31, 2008
The question is where will you poor ppl be with out those jobs we are slaving you in ? (you call it slaving right ?
Don't tell me you guys are working here out of your generosity LOOOL

We don't mind the tent and camel thingy but you guys do, I mean com'aan guys whom are we kidding , you guys know what you were and what you became or think you became. Becarfull ppl, ones you get out of here, you will have no life what so ever and will go back to your old poor statues. After all we all know you guys are the unskilled non experts who couldn't get a job at your own country :)
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 31, 2008
uaekid wrote:The question is where will you poor ppl be with out those jobs we are slaving you in ? (you call it slaving right ?

We don't mind the tent and camel thingy but you guys do, I mean com'aan guys whom are we kidding , you guys know what you were and what you became or think you became. Becarfull ppl, ones you get out of here, you will have no life what so ever and will go back to your old poor statues. After all we all know you guys are the unskilled non experts who couldn't get a job at your own country :)

Are you saying the dumbest people of the world came here and did the jobs your people couldn't?
Pankaj
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 31, 2008
uaekid wrote:The question is where will you poor ppl be with out those jobs we are slaving you in ? (you call it slaving right ?

Be very careful how you tread on this one. It was not long ago circa 50 years, you guys were living in tents and hearding goats/camels etc, and now you are all living in massive Villa's driving fancy sports cars etc, all done off the back of WHO? Emirati's - i think not.

If we all left to go home, what would happen to the UAE? Again, and you have not answered my question - would the Emirati's stand up and fill those positions?

I agree that the Emirati should keep their identity and promote their culture, but where is it - is it with 4x4's and massive villas with a different set of rules to "us foreigners"?

My friend, you have to agree that the UAE and the GCC countries have been built what we can only call Slave Labour, but are not allowed to.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 31, 2008
Pankaj wrote:

Are you saying the dumbest people of the world came here and did the jobs your people couldn't?

no sir ,Im saying why do it since we have you to slave for it ?
uaekid

Dec 31, 2008
You see guys, it is so sad you don't have a clue what is going on around you !!

AB is the source of UAE spending, and AB was successful in decreasing their independent on oil as the only source of income! now the only depend on it for 30% or less and and by 2015 will be 10% …. the rest is coming from world wide investments. And that’s is done by 3 major GOV companies only, one of them is Abu Dhabi investment company which just last year mad a 1 trillion US$ profit alone and my I quote Bill Gate saying they(Abu Dhabi investment company) own half of the united states and this statement freaked the hell out of US GOV to the extent they made AB sign an agreement not to use all this for political game. But this information is way high for your understanding guys :)

Presidents of all industrial countries came here after the economic crisis asking for loans from AB, buying their banks airports including Heathrow airport in UK and the list goes on, cant you see what is going on here people. The table turned.

But the oil frying in fast food restaurants damaged your brain cells and blinded you from what is really going on guys. and you just keep repeating what you hear from the other losers like you so wake up
uaekid

Dec 31, 2008
^^^^^^^ what is that going to do with this thread anyways????

:?
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Dec 31, 2008
With Oil at $40 and all the expats out, it doesn't take much time for the hot money (oops! the investments) to move out of the country..
xdude
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 31, 2008
xdude wrote:With Oil at $40 and all the expats out, it doesn't take much time for the hot money (oops! the investments) to move out of the country..

The move out of investments from the banks started before the move out of the ex-pats.

Now the tourists wont be coming back.

It doesn't look good
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 31, 2008
[quote="uaekid"]You see guys, it is so sad you don't have a clue what is going on around you !!

It's shocking how rude people are - we are all part of the same race for god sake and everyone has had their hand in building the UAE...it could not have been done without the help of westerners. That's a fact. True the UAE has a LOT of money and power but you need the right skills and experience to get maximum benefit from it (and please don't use a single line out of this to quote - it has to be taken in CONTEXT)

Dubai is promoting tourism and has a huge revenue stream from the service industry but a lot of people are waking up to the smoke and mirrors and realising that money just cannot buy class and taste. So while the UAE maybe rich - it most certainly is not rich in culture, history, the arts etc...the UK maybe grim at the moment but people are not judged for how much they earn, what family they belong to and what car people drive. It's down to the individual to make a success of themselves. I don't know about anyone else but I would rather have a personality, compassion and empathy than lots of money, hanging out in malls and getting fat :). But that's just me
newfromLondon
Dubai Forum User

Dec 31, 2008
but lots of money does help

:P
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 01, 2009
i'm not happy because i feel that I'm alone and need friend
ramtouch
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules