Unmarried With Child - But Both With Job Offiers

Topic locked
Unmarried with child - but both with job offiers Sep 09, 2008
Hi

My 'husband' (common law but not official) and I both have job offers to come to Dubai. We also have a baby together. Do we need to get married in order for us to live together - not as a secret? Plus we are considering having have another baby together, so will being unmarried be a problem for me/us under Dubai law.

Thanks,
Lynn

dubaideebs
Dubai Forum Guest

Sep 09, 2008
You cannot have another baby out of wedlock here, that's a certainty.

Your other question has been answered recently as someone else had the same situation, have a look through the threads here as it's already been answered.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 11, 2008
Bringing the child, could be possible. The father will sponsor the child (according to the birth certificate). He will arrive with the child. You will (must) arrive separately under your new employer's sponsorship, can't be sponsored by your 'husband' as I believe you both don't have marriage certificate.

But all in all, staying unmarried together, moreover having another baby, I would suggest not.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 11, 2008
Thank you both for the replies. I think we have agreed it just makes sense for us to get married as we never really had a reason why we wouldn't except that it never felt necessary to solidify our relationship. Me and our son will come over initially on his visa and then I will convert to my own work permit.
dubaideebs
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum