Anyone Wanna Meet?

Topic locked
anyone wanna meet? Aug 13, 2008
Hi all!

looking for other expats! i arrived monday and started work on tuesday... thought id see if anyone fancied meeting up, goign to a sights.... generally having a gander..

My name is Lee, im 27 and from Wales... (there you go, a little bit about myself)....

anyone in the same boat as me?

leeboy13
Dubai Forum Guest

Aug 13, 2008
-------------
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 13, 2008
hey max!

thats mighty kind of you... will drop you a PM now :)

cheers

lee
leeboy13
Dubai Forum Guest

Aug 13, 2008
Hey Lee,

Hope you settle in quickly. You should be able to make friends quickly in Dubai. I am not much of the 'going out' kind of guy though!! :-)

Cheers. Hope you have a good time in Dubai.
aliwrites
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 13, 2008
Don't know what you're into Lee, but I have a group that likes to wakeboard, snowboard, climb and generally do all sorts of crazy stuff.

What do you like?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

A bit of company here!! Aug 17, 2008
Hey!

My names Vishal, just got here from London on Thursday.. here for another 2 weeks attending various interviews in Dubai (im in real estate). 1st time here, so doesnt help that I dont know anyone on a personal level!
London was all that I knew-family,friends,lifestyle,weed!!;)

Im into all kinds of things, very very diverse, outgoing etc etc!
Interests include urrmmm money,all sports inc football,basketball,olympics (for now), extreme sports, crazy shit etc etc!!

Anyone interestd in meeting im staying at the Emirates Towers but looking to meet around at any of sites, got a local no aswell-(+971)557242411
vishalshamji
Dubai Forum Visitor

hey Sep 20, 2008
Hey Lee my name is modi, im interested in meeting up if you're up for it. contact me on liverpoolboy (at) hotmail . com
lil_modi
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 20, 2008
hey modi,

howz it going? Me and modi hang out sometimes. see the PM if u want to meet up.
desert surfer
Dubai Forums Talker

Sep 21, 2008
We have occasional DF meets. Not been one for a while as some of the people were not the kind you would want to meet. They have gone away now.

Lets see how sensible the forum gets before we decide to re-activate any physical get togethers.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 21, 2008
A DF meets would be nice.
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 21, 2008
hi guys, lets all met and play airsoft...

hooyaahhhh...........!!!!!!!!!!
Xyler
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 22, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:We have occasional DF meets. Not been one for a while as some of the people were not the kind you would want to meet. They have gone away now.

Lets see how sensible the forum gets before we decide to re-activate any physical get togethers.

8) 8) 8)

Knight

WOW!!!

That's one thing that really I'm waiting...hope to have good results in the coming days. I am up to it, and it would be a great opportunity to see all your real faces.

Cheers on the coming DF EyeBall

*Raises DF Banner* :D
SicnarFranciS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 22, 2008
hello guys
great isea to meet any of you in real, i saw alot of nice posts from nice pplz, sure it will be so new to meet some and make the DF in real as a group and community.
yasrkasem
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 22, 2008
As I said before...lets see how sensible this place can get before we jump into face to face.

I don't see much posting in the Culture forum?

:D :D :D

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 22, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:We have occasional DF meets. Not been one for a while as some of the people were not the kind you would want to meet. They have gone away now.

8) 8) 8)

Knight

Aha, agree lets be realistic first as not to end up with dis-appointment.... 8)
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
reviewer wrote:

8) 8) 8)

Knight

Aha, agree lets be realistic first as not to end up with dis-appointment.... 8)

I never disappoint!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 23, 2008
Football? yes I am ready ;-)
Passe-Partout
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: anyone wanna meet? Sep 23, 2008
leeboy13 wrote:My name is Lee, im 27 and from Wales...anyone in the same boat as me?

Heh! Hello Lee, my mum's family is from Pembroke! I was there just two weeks ago, smashing weather, didn't rain once!

:D
burton
Dubai forums Addict
Location: meanstreets of satwa, outside your mosque, stealing your shoes...

Sep 23, 2008
DK...

What happened? I notice the tone of your posts are a lot more jaded/ cynical than they were a few months back??

... :roll:
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Sep 23, 2008
Let's wait until we reach the DF tipping point before the meet up.

I think we already have collections of Connectors, Mavens & Salesmen

Hahahahaha :)

I am new and I like this forum. I had a friend who told me some controversy that happened here before.......well, that's history.
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 06, 2008
I'm up for DF meet...BTW i just joined today.
dunebasher
Dubai Forum User

Oct 06, 2008
Hmm, hang in a few more days, lemme get my butt there and will get down to organizing something :)

DK dont tell me there havent been any meets lately? i still have the damn go karting thingy pics we did:) to be true a lt of enthusiasts have moved on or are busy.

come november and shud be there:)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 06, 2008
cool bananas! :D
see you soon J!

ei, where u at now?

Jeevan wrote:Hmm, hang in a few more days, lemme get my butt there and will get down to organizing something :)

DK dont tell me there havent been any meets lately? i still have the damn go karting thingy pics we did:) to be true a lt of enthusiasts have moved on or are busy.

dunebasher
Dubai Forum User

Oct 06, 2008
Rightnow in India Mumbai stuck at a client site hehehe
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 06, 2008
Yeah, sorry not so many meets for the newbies here. Some the old school still get together and I am often to be found propping up a bar with such names as Fayz, Constantine, Scarlet, Ian and The Big Picture.

Not really any historical controversy here, just a few knuckleheads who decided it would be more fun to be destructive rather than constructive. They are now holding up various parts of the new metro system. (Don't forget the DFM can find you wherever you are!) Its a shame

Hey Soul...yeah, call me more cynical, I have had an 'Dubai epiphany' of sorts after spending some time looking at the seedier underbelly. However there are still the good bits and the bad bits in equal measure and I take everything with a hefty pinch of salt.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Oct 06, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:Yeah, sorry not so many meets for the newbies here. Some the old school still get together and I am often to be found propping up a bar with such names as Fayz, Constantine, Scarlet, Ian and The Big Picture.

me will be there soon as well, whats const. up to these days i thought he had disappeared, does he keep flying between canada and here?
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 06, 2008
Jeevan wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:Yeah, sorry not so many meets for the newbies here. Some the old school still get together and I am often to be found propping up a bar with such names as Fayz, Constantine, Scarlet, Ian and The Big Picture.

me will be there soon as well, whats const. up to these days i thought he had disappeared, does he keep flying between canada and here?

Yeah, he's been jetting around all over the place. Spent some time in Singapore as well. He has a new video out that's airing on MTV Asia at the moment. Pretty damn good it is too! he and I shared a bottle of Jack at the weekend round at DK Towers.

You still in touch with CarGirl? She just moved and is doing the DXB - Abu Dhabi commute now.

Knight
Dubai Knight

Oct 06, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:
Jeevan wrote:

Yeah, he's been jetting around all over the place. Spent some time in Singapore as well. He has a new video out that's airing on MTV Asia at the moment. Pretty damn good it is too! he and I shared a bottle of Jack at the weekend round at DK Towers.

You still in touch with CarGirl? She just moved and is doing the DXB - Abu Dhabi commute now.

Knight

Damn need to check that out yea, we do talk in and out in between:) but been a long time since she started her commute between dxb and abu dhabi, shes been busy it seems:)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 06, 2008
You could say that! Nice shiny new job doing just what she likes to do...

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Oct 06, 2008
Jeevan wrote:Hmm, hang in a few more days, lemme get my butt there and will get down to organizing something :)

If i remember correctly i beat you :lol:

That was a great evening out
arniegang

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat