Salary Package/Expectation For Real Estate Sales Consultant

Topic locked
Salary Package/Expectation for Real Estate Sales Consultant May 15, 2008
I was recently asked by a real estate company in Dubai what I expect for my salary package. I don't know what is reasonable there and what is usually included in a package. I am a US resident and getting a good response from real estate developers in Dubai. I need to know what kind of salary package I should be looking to receive (salary, bonus, allowances, etc????)

Thanks for you help!

T

ForevaaBallin
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 17, 2008
It's a swings and round-a-bouts industry here, most have a basic salary and the rest is made up on commissions. But I have known some people to just be givena visa and a phone and to work on 100% commission.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

one more advice! May 30, 2008
so do people actually do work on commision?! like would it be a reasonable offer if i did get the same!?
Taimoor
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 02, 2008
turn it around, tell the prospective employer to make you an offer - they are the employer after all. how are you supposed to have a good indication of the cost of living expenses if you don't work in the country!

it's also easier to make judgement on the offer once you have a clear offer in writing. be very careful about commissions! for your employment contract to be legally enforceable your salary as well as any commissions has to be included on the Labour Contract. the Labour Contract is an English/ Arabic document - where only the Arabic is legally accepted (the English is there simply as a translation). get someone to proof read your contract in Arabic before signing it.

i know someone who was expecting to get 5% commission on his deals (English portion of the contract), except that in Arabic it was written as 0.5% - guess what he was paid at the end of the year!
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum