Dubai Real Estate

Topic locked
Dubai Real Estate May 07, 2007
Hello folks.....I am a total newbie here, and this is my very my first post. I spent about 10 years in the UAE, left in 2004; currently in Canada. I do miss the ambience of Dubai, if thats the right word for it; perhaps, atmosphere, is closer to it. Today someone told me that real estate is really hot in Dubai; is this true? Is it really a good investment, and do you get a long term visa for residence there? Your valuable thoughs would be much appreciate.........oh, and I almost forgot, I am handsome, fun loving, athletic, heterosexual, male :D

zonker
BANNED

Re: Dubai Real Estate May 07, 2007
zonker wrote:Hello folks.....I am a total newbie here, and this is my very my first post. I spent about 10 years in the UAE, left in 2004; currently in Canada. I do miss the ambience of Dubai, if thats the right word for it; perhaps, atmosphere, is closer to it. Today someone told me that real estate is really hot in Dubai; is this true? Is it really a good investment, and do you get a long term visa for residence there? Your valuable thoughs would be much appreciate.........oh, and I almost forgot, I am handsome, fun loving, athletic, heterosexual, male :D

right...that was so important for us to know :lol:

anyway welcome to DF hope u have fun in here

asc dear where r uuuuu? this handsome, fun loving, athletic, heterosexual, male wants some infos about dubai real estate
:P
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dubai Real Estate May 08, 2007
Alexandra, thanks for your quick reply, so what do you think about dubai real estate? is it a good buy? and where??...and you are up late! :wink:
zonker
BANNED

Re: Dubai Real Estate May 08, 2007
zonker wrote:Alexandra, thanks for your quick reply, so what do you think about dubai real estate? is it a good buy? and where??...and you are up late! :wink:

Its a great place to buy, what are your plans if you were to purchase a property in Dubai? Investment or would you go back and live there?

If you want to invest then the returns are not as high as they were 2 years ago but there are still some pretty good investments there. The rental market seems to be good too.

I suppose the whole of the UAE is suffering from a 'ripple' effect with areas such as Ajman and RAK benefiting from the success of Dubai. They are certianly areas that you can invest in, I'll probably look to invest there too when I setlle out there soon.
dubailover
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Dubai Real Estate May 08, 2007
zonker wrote:Alexandra, thanks for your quick reply, so what do you think about dubai real estate? is it a good buy? and where??...and you are up late! :wink:

u're welcome
wish i could help u but my opinion about the real estate in dubai can't be relevant cause i am not there. so all i know about it it;s based on what i heared from others, internet, etc etc
so better to let the experts advise regarding that issue.
good luck anyway :wink:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 08, 2007
Thats interesting, alexandra and dubailover, you are both not residents of dubai?!
Anyway, dubailover, I plan to rent it out for a while. Would not mind going back there to live, but perhaps at a slightly later stage, maybe 2 or 3 years.
zonker
BANNED

May 08, 2007
Given by the number of fires in construction lately, Real Estate might be getting too hot.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 08, 2007
^ian^ wrote:Given by the number of fires in construction lately, Real Estate might be getting too hot.

Just buy a fire extinguisher.....lol

Zonker, yes you're right, I'm not a resident but working extemely hard to become one in the not to distant future.

I have several contacts out there who are in Real Estate and they have informed me that the rental market is really taking off.

When are you planning on going out there?

Good luck with it all
dubailover
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Real estate in Duabi May 08, 2007
Well fires such as the one recently reported on the palm are bound to occur if there is so much construction going on, I am surprised not to have heard of more such accidents; maybe there are that are not reported.
duabilover, i am in contact with a company called MiNC, apparently British owned, that deals in real estate and devlopements etc. They are recommending someplace called Jumeirah Village. Anyone heard of it?
I might go Dubai in July! I know its gonna be hot........nothing that a sexy girl and some beer cant handle tho :wink:
I think Alexandra has lost interest?
zonker
BANNED

May 08, 2007
just an interesting fact ... i read that the hospitality industry will be adding 1.5 million jobs to Dubai in the coming 10 years ... if this is just one sector .. just imagine the population growth this city is going to go through in the coming decade .. so yeah invest in real estate :)

http://www.ameinfo.com/118991.html
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 08, 2007
MaaD, thanks, so thats two votes for, and non against so far; what I specifically would like to know is Jumaeira Village; is that a good prospect?
zonker
BANNED

Re: Real estate in Duabi May 08, 2007
zonker wrote:Well fires such as the one recently reported on the palm are bound to occur if there is so much construction going on, I am surprised not to have heard of more such accidents; maybe there are that are not reported.
duabilover, i am in contact with a company called MiNC, apparently British owned, that deals in real estate and devlopements etc. They are recommending someplace called Jumeirah Village. Anyone heard of it?
I might go Dubai in July! I know its gonna be hot........nothing that a sexy girl and some beer cant handle tho :wink:
I think Alexandra has lost interest?

not at all...i am interested in everything related to dubai.but as i saied my comments r not relevant to u cause i do not reside there...as u noticed here r plenty of ppl that can help u with that :)
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 08, 2007
nope.....dubai real estate is at the top of the plateu....its going down.. anyway...there has not been a significant rise in prop prices since Sept 06. And rents are coming down in certain areas.....

so its a vote against purchasing props at this time... mebbe in a year or 2. Furthermore, the quality of the construction for a number of development is BADDDDDDDDDDDDD... VERY BADDDDDDDD for the kind of price you actually pay for.
dodgeek
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 10, 2007
Alex, i don't give free consultation. :)

A tip for the handsome guy. Don't buy and have it for lease.

Dodgeek, not all developments have poor quality. Don't go for fly by night real estate developer.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

May 10, 2007
dude...so i guess Nakheel falls under this category of fly-by-night developer?

they've got major issues in International City, the Palm, Discovery Gardens, Jumeirah Village.......

and they are the direct developers + master developer....
dodgeek
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 10, 2007
dodgeek wrote:dude...so i guess Nakheel falls under this category of fly-by-night developer?

they've got major issues in International City, the Palm, Discovery Gardens, Jumeirah Village.......

and they are the direct developers + master developer....

I agree with you so Shh... :lol: I have to keep my mouth shut!
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

May 11, 2007
well a friend is thinking of plonking some money on jumeira village, a place being developed by MINC, I dont know how wise that is :shock:
zonker
BANNED

May 11, 2007
well zonker......

dun take my word for it. if you or ur fren wants to plonk like 1.5 - 3 mil for a villa there i would highly recommend that he inspects it thoroughly. i'm not too familiar with jumeirah village but i think ppl have already moved in...so its safe to inspect the ready-made places.

pay particular attention to the plumbing....major issues with most nakheel developments....

having said that...there are quite a number of good developers around who makes sure their quality is tip top......

if i were ur fren i would really hold on to my money till at least another year or 2. i'm sure he is smart if he has the kind of cash....but y invest in an extremely hot market that might burst when he has so many other places to invest? :shock: :shock:

if ur fren were to say that 3 years ago i would say he is a visionary...if he were to dump his hard-earned money now i would reserve my comments to myself to reduce the risk of insulting him.
dodgeek
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 11, 2007
dodgeek, my friend says this place is not yet constructed, completion date would be early 2009, and the cost is less than 1 mill for a 2 bedroom apartment. The place is called Prodigy, and developer is MINC Properties.
zonker
BANNED

Minc Apartments Oct 29, 2007
Hi. I have some advice to expats looking into staying at a temporary apartment in Dubai.

I moved to Dubai in March 2007 and rented from Minc Apartments in Dubai Marina for 6 months. I stayed at Marina Residence in Dubai Marina and wouldn't recommend MINC to anyone who cares about their money.

My apartment was filled with cockroaches for the first few days. The water heater burst a couple times, spilling water all over the apartment, there was always leaks so the floor was always wet. The place smelled like a sewer. I complained dozens of times and they only occasionally sent in a handy man who didn't fix much. All this for 16,000 AED a month! When I moved out, I also had problems getting fully paid the amount we agreed on for a early departure refund.

The building Marina Residence if a fine building. It's better than the Marina Diamond buildings. MINC was the problem.

I know one guy who paid yearly rent in the Marina Residence for an unfurnished one bedroom apt for 60,000. His company negociated that. Perhaps an individual might negociate 100,000 at the worst. Minc charged 156,000 per year for the same room. So, you have to wonder what you get for 60k to 90k year for furniture and for "service" fees.

The far better thing to do is to rent an unfurnished apartment in an area that isn't hot and furnish it yourself. I never found these advertised in expat websites or magazines. If you talk to non-westerners, they know someone who knows someone. I found a large room in a villa in Al Barsha with kitchen and bathroom for 3,800 AED a month. I could of moved into one triple the size for double the price. I fully funished it (inc TV, Bed, Refrig, Washer) with used and Ikea stuff for 11,000 AED. Check out the dodgy looking Indian shops near the Gold Souk in Diera for very good, very cheap used furniture. You can negotiate everything for half of what they ask. Guys in pickup trucks will deliver and assemble everything for 300 AED.
stevew1
Dubai Forum Guest

Dubai Investment Jan 19, 2008
***Edited***

MOD
dubaigoldcoast
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Dubai Investment Jan 19, 2008
dubaigoldcoast wrote:Dubai real estate is as good if not better buying than even here in Australia regards to capital growth, quality(most developments) and rental return.

I can assure you the quality is better in Australia.

D'OH! Why am I replying to a spammer?
^ian^

Not a spammer Jan 19, 2008
Hi Ian,
I have been attending property exhibitions in Dubai for the last 13yrs, plus selling Dubai property since the Freehold conception came to being in Dubai. Don't understand your comment Ian, we're not spammers. Be interesting to know what your vocation is and why the aggressive comment?
dubaigoldcoast
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Not a spammer Jan 19, 2008
dubaigoldcoast wrote:Hi Ian,
I have been attending property exhibitions in Dubai for the last 13yrs, plus selling Dubai property since the Freehold conception came to being in Dubai. Don't understand your comment Ian, we're not spammers. Be interesting to know what your vocation is and why the aggressive comment?

I'm the local vigilante.
^ian^

Jan 19, 2008
Plus you were digging up dead topics from over a year ago... and answering them with a load of codswallop, just so you could write something... anything.

If that's not spamming, I'm not sure what is.

There is no business for you here.
^ian^

Local Vigilante? Jan 19, 2008
So, you don't know me but you can make those judgements? Do you have a Vigilantes 'Licence?' We are just a real estate business with excellent experience in the UAE? And you?
dubaigoldcoast
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sorry Mr Vigilante Jan 19, 2008
I've done business there for 13yrs, what do you mean there is no business there for me. Sorry you have this attitude, would love to know where your coming from? Do you have an issue with all Real Estate Agents in Dubai, or for that matter, cos your obviously so worldly, the World?? I have an office in Dubai Ian, visit me.
dubaigoldcoast
Dubai Forum Visitor

Real Business Jan 19, 2008
Hi Ian,
Just re read your post. I didn't bring anything up from last year. I spoke re the current market place which I do know about as that is my industry, what is your's? My clients are all very happy about purchasing in the last 5 yrs. Sorry you have some grind to axe.
dubaigoldcoast
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Dubai Investment Jan 19, 2008
^ian^ wrote:
dubaigoldcoast wrote:Dubai real estate is as good if not better buying than even here in Australia regards to capital growth, quality(most developments) and rental return.

I can assure you the quality is better in Australia.

D'OH! Why am I replying to a spammer?

Actually!! This is utter BS Garry. properties on the Gold Coast offer negative rental return, whereas properties in Dubai offer positive rental return. We do, well i actually know who you are but thats besides the point.

You are very welcome on this board and you are able to offer advice but you are being called a spammer because you are promting your business, phone and website in posts.

Yes will agree that the quality of properties in Oz are better than here.
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

thank you Jan 19, 2008
Ian, you are dead right, unless you are out in the boon docks, there is no such thing as positively geared property here in Australia. However, if you do know Australia, our benefit is security of economy and captial growth, where the UAE at the moment has both capital growth and good returns, security may be an issue but I have no problems selling Dubai property to smart people here in Australia. But why have you taken on board offence at my contribution to the forum when you do not know me. Do you own this website? What do you actually do, allowing you to criticise genuine people like me, on this forum?
dubaigoldcoast
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum