Transferring Money To Uk Best Exchange Rate

Topic locked
transferring money to uk best exchange rate May 29, 2008
Hi there, i want to send money to my uk bank account once a month and wondered what the best method was, ie best rate to sterling, low commission fees etc. I understand my bank HSBC don't charge a fee at all as long as u set up a standing order every month but i don;t know if the exchange rates are decent. Anyone got any good advice for sending maybe couple of thousand quid per month home? Cheers

duncheski
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 29, 2008
I'm new to Dubai and saw this post, did you find a way to move your money?
deniseajohnosn
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 30, 2008
To be honest I just use the HSBC standing order thingy to send my money home. You can do it through the money changers, but you'll be constantly watching the exchange rates.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 30, 2008
Thanks for the quick reply anyway
deniseajohnosn
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 23, 2008
deniseajohnosn wrote:Thanks for the quick reply anyway

I've found that worldfirst are very good - their exchnage rates are the best and they just charge 15 pounds flat fee or free for transfer of greater than 15k pounds. Very quick as well.
duncheski
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 29, 2008
Found these people now, seem to be quick, professional and give better rates than the bank. No charges. Once you call them they will et Rebecca wo's in dubai to call you to sort things out

Cheers
http://www.gcen.co.uk/ Global Currency Exchange Network
deniseajohnosn
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 28, 2008
To be honest I just use the HSBC standing order thingy to send my money home. You can do it through the money changers, but you'll be constantly watching the exchange rates.

I AGREE WITH U, WE MUST CONSTANTLY WATCH THE EXCHANGE RATES.
laptopparts-cn
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 28, 2008
I don't shop around other than through these people and the bank, they have won on rate every time now.

To have a hassle free life you will pay for it. It's like the choice between having a ready meal or making it yourself! These people have gained me a few hundred pounds over the last few months in transfers.
deniseajohnosn
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 30, 2008
Hi there, I’ve used a company called First Rate FX for a few years now when sending my money back to my UK account. They’re based in London and they also have an office in Dubai which is very convenient! I’m sure they will offer you a better rate than HSBC, or any other bank for that matter, without any of those other charges! Definitely worth a go, especially if you’re making regular payments back home…
Alex Mac
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Nov 03, 2008
I use Al Rostami (branches in most malls) they charge a flat fee which seems to be lowest around, normally have best exchange rates too and the money usually hits my UK account within 2 days.
highly recommended :)
DG1
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Nov 16, 2008
Ive been sending money thru Al Ansari exchange for 4yrs now. you can check their site alansariuae com they have a product eexhange that would help you and branches are just around the corner.

cheers
MRTHIRD
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum