Please Rate My Package!

Topic locked
Please rate my Package! Nov 07, 2006
I've been offered 7000DHS + Medical + 2 year Contract end Ticket + Accomodation + Transportation for the post of Catering Manager working 48 hours a week in Dubai. I have 2 years management experience in Food service and several othe years experience in other industries.

Is the money decent?

Is the Package decent?

Does a 2 year contract mean I cant leave till its over? and what if I do?

If I break the contract can I work in the UAE again?

I can take breakes inbetween yes?

Do companies have a tendency of providing sub standard housing?

alwayssuperstylin
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Please rate my Package! Nov 07, 2006
alwayssuperstylin wrote:I've been offered 7000DHS + Medical + 2 year Contract end Ticket + Accomodation + Transportation for the post of Catering Manager working 48 hours a week in Dubai. I have 2 years management experience in Food service and several othe years experience in other industries.

Is the money decent?

Depends on your lifestyle really, only you can say. If it includes accomodation in a decent place (rents are killer) and transportation, it is ok if you are single.

Is the Package decent?

See above

You can leave before it is over, you might get a work bank though for 6 months... read the contract carefully!

You can, as long as there is no ban. 6 month ban means no work in UAE for 6 months

??

Varies from company to company.. many companies now just give you an allowance and ask you to find your own place.. its tough finding a reasonablle place to live at the moment.

jag
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 08, 2006
For a second there I thought this topic belonged in romance...
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 08, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:For a second there I thought this topic belonged in romance...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 08, 2006
yes the bigger the hand the smaller the package.........??????????
rammie
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Please rate my Package! Nov 08, 2006
Grrrrrrrrr to all of you :lol: :lol: . He posted a decent subject, answer him!!!

I've been offered 7000DHS + Medical + 2 year Contract end Ticket + Accomodation + Transportation for the post of Catering Manager working 48 hours a week in Dubai. I have 2 years management experience in Food service and several othe years experience in other industries.

Is the money decent?

Is the Package decent?

Tell us where you from, based on that we will tell you the answer.

There is a chance the employer can put a ban on your passport. After the no. of yrs you are ban you can work again in UAE. Breaks - do you mean vacation? A standard annual vacation should be included in your package. Usually its 30 days paid and return ticket to your country.

Yes, everything is possible, they could provide a room or might be a whole flat or worst a bed space where you'll share it w/ a no of people you dont know. But your a manager anyway so I doubt it. Better to clarify your accomodation package with them also.
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum