Life ---> At A Different Location.

Topic locked
Life ---> at a different location. Apr 06, 2008
Shifting location in Dubai could be as good/worst as moving on to a different country. So I've finally decided to move on to the new parts of dubai. Living in the most comfortable area of dubai, (comfort can be just having a feel of your home town/country etc. Bur Dubai is equally crowded as any Indian city. It doesnt necessarily have to be clean,mean, green, all artificial uber living heavens)could shifting mean character assassination?

I'm still looking for a place to start my Life Ver. 2.0. So if anyone who lives in the other end of dubai(Near DMC, Al Barsha, Academic City, Um Sequim, JBR, Marina ...phew..i've already learned a lot of place names there) is letting out a room in a villa, flat or anything please let me know.

Also, it'll be of great help to find the places where I can have good decent food without having to burn my pocket for taxi(since i dont drive) or for the food itself.

Like my dad asked me "So you cant eat a normal Shawarma from Ali's shop for 3 dirhams, have a normal Thaali (Indian lunch) for normal price from meena bazar, have a coffee for 2 dirhams anymore.. You'll have to go to the MOE's and IBN Batutta's etc " Is that true?

There are multitudes of questions remaining.. but I'd want someone to start answering

St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Apr 06, 2008
Seriously... WTF is that all about???

Just unadulterated jibberish.....
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Life ---> at a different location. Apr 06, 2008
St.Lucifer wrote:Also, it'll be of great help to find the places where I can have good decent food without having to burn my pocket for taxi(since i dont drive) or for the food itself.

Like my dad asked me "So you cant eat a normal Shawarma from Ali's shop for 3 dirhams, have a normal Thaali (Indian lunch) for normal price from meena bazar, have a coffee for 2 dirhams anymore.. You'll have to go to the MOE's and IBN Batutta's etc " Is that true?

There are multitudes of questions remaining.. but I'd want someone to start answering

By the time you moved to the other end of Dubai, you dont even have a pocket to start with....price is too touristy compared to what your dad said about the food.......and a car is a must on that part of the city.... 8)
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 06, 2008
i seriously have no idea what you're on about other than you want to move. and you want somewhere convenient since you dont drive

my 2 cents:

start driving - you're so much more independant

as for living, i wouldnt live in any part of dubai personally, like u said its as crowded as india, its no way to be living a life.
ebonics
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 06, 2008
ebonics wrote:i seriously have no idea what you're on about other than you want to move. and you want somewhere convenient since you dont drive

my 2 cents:

start driving - you're so much more independant

as for living, i wouldnt live in any part of dubai personally, like u said its as crowded as india, its no way to be living a life.

Wow! You dont like people.. you should probably go to Antarctica.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Apr 07, 2008
its traffic that pisses me off.
ebonics
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 07, 2008
god bless america
HeavyMental
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 07, 2008
ebonics wrote:its traffic that pisses me off.

:D I get that now.. :) Agreed.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Apr 07, 2008
I thought you were talking about life at a different URL :wink:
Dr.D
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 07, 2008
Dr.D wrote:I thought you were talking about life at a different URL :wink:

:P just getting to know .. how diff people react to the same things at diff places :P

hahah I'm also getting into
S
t
u
d
y
i
n
g

PEOPLE

:lol:
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Apr 07, 2008
where do you live now?

that new url might give you more leads from the look of things here... :)

(how does it feel to have a dude being so obsessed with you? yuck, i know. and he's so obvious, constantly bugging you...get it? bug. anyway, out of here)
freza
Dubai chat master

Apr 07, 2008
freza wrote:where do you live now?

that new url might give you more leads from the look of things here... :)

(how does it feel to have a dude being so obsessed with you? yuck, i know. and he's so obvious, constantly bugging you...get it? bug. anyway, out of here)

I live in the heart of Dubai.. Bur Dubai..hoping, praying, whining to b able move by the end of this month to the other end of dubai.. :|
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Apr 07, 2008
I just dont know. But like ur working and all I suppose. If so wheres ur office located and all. I know traffic can be a pain at times. But I live in Ghusais but to be precise is Al Muhaisnah 4 and please before anyone goes like its pathetic and all. Let me tell u this side is getting developed too. Three major Emirates Building as in accomodation for Emirates are here. Yeah u wont find like al Barsha or greens where place is quiet and all. There is the hustle and bustle but less traffic and all of this is compared to Bur Dubai. The thing is they only got Two Hotel's here for ur drinks and all. But hotels are coming up and as ur looking for a restaurant and all. This place is pretty much filled with those restaurants. U've got Spinneys, Lulu Hypermarket, Lulu village and Union Coop here. Its not much of a commercial place but more of a residential place. Buses are pretty much allright except thursday late evenings and friday the whole day cuz the Ghusais station is in the labour camps and also Dubai Taxi and National Taxi HQ are here too!! And by the way the developments coming on this side is pretty decent price than Burdubai. My friend who lived in burdubai shifted here due to the hike in price. If any thing alse u wanna know let me know!!

Then again its ur choice of preference!!
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 07, 2008
Unknown Devil wrote:I just dont know. But like ur working and all I suppose. If so wheres ur office located and all. I know traffic can be a pain at times. But I live in Ghusais but to be precise is Al Muhaisnah 4 and please before anyone goes like its pathetic and all. Let me tell u this side is getting developed too. Three major Emirates Building as in accomodation for Emirates are here. Yeah u wont find like al Barsha or greens where place is quiet and all. There is the hustle and bustle but less traffic and all of this is compared to Bur Dubai. The thing is they only got Two Hotel's here for ur drinks and all. But hotels are coming up and as ur looking for a restaurant and all. This place is pretty much filled with those restaurants. U've got Spinneys, Lulu Hypermarket, Lulu village and Union Coop here. Its not much of a commercial place but more of a residential place. Buses are pretty much allright except thursday late evenings and friday the whole day cuz the Ghusais station is in the labour camps and also Dubai Taxi and National Taxi HQ are here too!! And by the way the developments coming on this side is pretty decent price than Burdubai. My friend who lived in burdubai shifted here due to the hike in price. If any thing alse u wanna know let me know!!

Unknown devil.. Yes most of the places in bur dubai are over priced.. So are them at the (snobbish) end of dubai.. :) The only reason y I'm moving is that I dont drive and I dont wanna pay some 65-70 dirhams for one way.... I've been to Quasis more than a couple of times.. there's nothing wrong with the place.. Its a decent place for decent price. But my moving there would only add another 20-30 bucks to the taxi meter..

Hmm and u missed out the metro taxi HQ. plus the bus service sucks there. again if u are coming to bur dubai side. or it could b just that I dint have a clue of the timings.. So everytime I've had to come to that side.. its been a 100 Dirhams cab trip.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Apr 07, 2008
St.Lucifer wrote:
Unknown Devil wrote:I just dont know. But like ur working and all I suppose. If so wheres ur office located and all. I know traffic can be a pain at times. But I live in Ghusais but to be precise is Al Muhaisnah 4 and please before anyone goes like its pathetic and all. Let me tell u this side is getting developed too. Three major Emirates Building as in accomodation for Emirates are here. Yeah u wont find like al Barsha or greens where place is quiet and all. There is the hustle and bustle but less traffic and all of this is compared to Bur Dubai. The thing is they only got Two Hotel's here for ur drinks and all. But hotels are coming up and as ur looking for a restaurant and all. This place is pretty much filled with those restaurants. U've got Spinneys, Lulu Hypermarket, Lulu village and Union Coop here. Its not much of a commercial place but more of a residential place. Buses are pretty much allright except thursday late evenings and friday the whole day cuz the Ghusais station is in the labour camps and also Dubai Taxi and National Taxi HQ are here too!! And by the way the developments coming on this side is pretty decent price than Burdubai. My friend who lived in burdubai shifted here due to the hike in price. If any thing alse u wanna know let me know!!

Unknown devil.. Yes most of the places in bur dubai are over priced.. So are them at the (snobbish) end of dubai.. :) The only reason y I'm moving is that I dont drive and I dont wanna pay some 65-70 dirhams for one way.... I've been to Quasis more than a couple of times.. there's nothing wrong with the place.. Its a decent place for decent price. But my moving there would only add another 20-30 bucks to the taxi meter..

Hmm and u missed out the metro taxi HQ. plus the bus service sucks there. again if u are coming to bur dubai side. or it could b just that I dint have a clue of the timings.. So everytime I've had to come to that side.. its been a 100 Dirhams cab trip.

Well true the bus service sucks like everywhere but usually on peak hours. I've been using the bus service since age of 16 and I still do. lol the best way to go around dubai. During peak hours it gets really really difficult not like it used to be. Well true!!

Wait 100 dhs cab trips to where from Burdubai to Ghusais. No offence but cabbies tend to rip u off. I went from Muhaisnah 4 to Second interchange of Shk zayed which took 45 to 50 bucks max. Cabbies usually have a notion that customer wouldnt wanna pay the toll in gharhoud bridge so they tend to avoid the toll which makes them go avoid places like the toll and it becomes 100 bucks. But in any case what I can do for u is that if I get my job my first plan is to get a car if everything goes right and then specially to ur office and all. we can like hook up a timing and I will pick and drop u if u want but as u know Dubai is not so easy to stay in so might be a monthly charge on it which will save ur coming and going to office. If its on the way to my work then free mate but if not then yeah I will!! Just hope RTA doesnt find out. lol next thing I might get fined!! lol
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 07, 2008
:D hahaha nice ideas..good one mate.. :)

and The 100 AED cab charge is two way.. To the Galadhari motor driving school test centre n back, to be precise. :D
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Apr 07, 2008
I live near Galadari driving institute and all. hmm both ways can be tiring and all. But yeah if u ever come to ghusais and all. My offer still stands!!
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 07, 2008
Unknown Devil wrote:I live near Galadari driving institute and all. hmm both ways can be tiring and all. But yeah if u ever come to ghusais and all. My offer still stands!!

Are you adding "and all" at the end of all your sentences on purpose or subconsciously? :lol:
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 07, 2008

they should stop giving out car loans to people ...honestly .. :evil: :lol: ...
JMK
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 07, 2008
gtmash wrote:
Unknown Devil wrote:I live near Galadari driving institute and all. hmm both ways can be tiring and all. But yeah if u ever come to ghusais and all. My offer still stands!!

Are you adding "and all" at the end of all your sentences on purpose or subconsciously? :lol:

heheh!! It's become a habit even when I talk!! Funny u noticed it. lol
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 07, 2008
JMK wrote:

Lol!! Couldnt agree better!! Why do think they are workin on the Metro like anything!! Cuz once the metro starts they are gonna increase the oil price from 6.5 bucks a gallon to 11 or 12 bucks a gallon. Dubai being one of the top 20 destinations in the world is pretty expensive. Every countries government calculates what earning's an individual needs to survive there without any kind of luxury. While car is a luxury so Dubai cant exactly say dont buy cars but make it so expensive for u that u urself say u dont want the car.

And its our fault that we tend to take loans from banks because of the offers they give which is very attractive and we want it. So u cant exactly blame banks where only the customer service sucks!!
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 07, 2008
Unknown Devil wrote:
JMK wrote:

Lol!! Couldnt agree better!! Why do think they are workin on the Metro like anything!! Cuz once the metro starts they are gonna increase the oil price from 6.5 bucks a gallon to 11 or 12 bucks a gallon. Dubai being one of the top 20 destinations in the world is pretty expensive. Every countries government calculates what earning's an individual needs to survive there without any kind of luxury. While car is a luxury so Dubai cant exactly say dont buy cars but make it so expensive for u that u urself say u dont want the car.

And its our fault that we tend to take loans from banks because of the offers they give which is very attractive and we want it. So u cant exactly blame banks where only the customer service sucks!!

dubai is copying western policies , all these SALIK and toll roads is one example, we have similar in toronto ETA Toll , soon they will copy european gas prices , then introduce taxes , they will suck the life outta the citizens of the UAE

these past 8-10 years , dubai changed from a laid back place , with a few camels wondering around aimlessly in the streets , to a rat race , were everyone is after a pieca chesse.

dubai might have flourished in business and buildings and all that luxury crap , but the general quality and happiness of its people has gone down
nismo
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 07, 2008
nismo wrote:dubai is copying western policies , all these SALIK and toll roads is one example, we have similar in toronto ETA Toll , soon they will copy european gas prices , then introduce taxes , they will suck the life outta the citizens of the UAE

these past 8-10 years , dubai changed from a laid back place , with a few camels wondering around aimlessly in the streets , to a rat race , were everyone is after a pieca chesse.

dubai might have flourished in business and buildings and all that luxury crap , but the general quality and happiness of its people has gone down

Exactly, first and foremost to be hit are the low-paid skilled and unskilled workers who after toiling all their life here will not be getting anything (except the few savings they have) let alone immigrate. Next thing would be the westerners who after getting their fair share of money from investments and or savings would probably return back to their home country rather than pay a double tax and waste their money to the ever increasing standard of living which they have been trying to avoid in their country all along. Then the locals who by the way; will continue to live a quality life and will not in any way let themselves be subjected to any kind of taxes since they are the minority and the government purse is swollen with enough money (from the taxes meant for non citizens) to continue subsidizing all their necessities of life.

As to the quality of life here, then it would relative like for the locals yes the quality would be better while its the opposite for the foreign workers.
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 07, 2008
lol!! Okay people we better stick to the topic of lucifers need to change in a different location before we totally go off topic!! lol
Unknown Devil
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat