Getting Residence Visa With No Job

Topic locked
Getting Residence Visa With No Job Mar 03, 2008
Is it possible to acquire a residence visa with no employment? Can you just live in Dubai for a year or longer and not have a job, but still have the right to live in the city?

Thanks.

harkev
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 03, 2008
If you own an apartment or property here then yes, you can get a visa, but only of course on completion.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 03, 2008
Well slight correction, if you own property you the right to 'apply' for a visa, that's no guarantee of being granted one.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 03, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Well slight correction, if you own property you the right to 'apply' for a visa, that's no guarantee of being granted one.

If you don't have HIV or HEP-C and aren't wanted in a middle east country, and quite happy to pay the fee... you will get the visa.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 03, 2008
Possible and legal: several options - investor visa, buy a property, buy a company, set up a company.

Possible but not legal: visit visa and repeated renewals but you can't open bank account, get internet connection etc, and after several times, the authorities might frown or block you depending on nationality.

Or no visa, just climb over the mountains between RAK and Oman (you might get jail and deportation if caught).

Dubai visas has more.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 03, 2008
^ian^ wrote:you will get the visa.

Add "probably". As C says, owning a property does not give you the right to a residence visa.
bonk

Re: Getting Residence Visa With No Job Mar 03, 2008
harkev wrote:Is it possible to acquire a residence visa with no employment? Can you just live in Dubai for a year or longer and not have a job, but still have the right to live in the city?

Thanks.

If you are of working age and got no job you should not get a residency visa anywhere in the world!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Concord wrote:If you are of working age and got no job you should not get a residency visa anywhere in the world!

So anyone who retires before 65 should not be allowed to live anywhere except their home country?
bonk

bonk wrote:
Concord wrote:If you are of working age and got no job you should not get a residency visa anywhere in the world!

So anyone who retires before 65 should not be allowed to live anywhere except their home country?

Technically a retired person is not looking for work. If you are then you are a working person (not retired - regardless of the fact that you get a pension).
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 03, 2008
And Concs, what about genius people who've made their millinos and decided to retire early! Hell I'm not waiting till 65 to retire - screw that!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 04, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:And Concs, what about genius people who've made their millinos and decided to retire early! Hell I'm not waiting till 65 to retire - screw that!

I could be rude regarding a "retirement" plan and the last 2 words of your post...

Anyways, the same applies if you retire early (have millions - not in zimbabwe currency) then you don't need a job (or residence) - and can get residency as investor/property owner, etc.

No job, no money, no residency. No ticki no shirty!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 04, 2008
I know retired people who are still of "working age" (what you said first).

I know working people who are of "retired age" too :).
bonk

Mar 04, 2008
^ian^ wrote:
If you don't have HIV or HEP-C and aren't wanted in a middle east country, and quite happy to pay the fee... you will get the visa.

or if your iraqi .. or .. or .. too many reasons immigration might reject your visa :)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Helpful Mar 04, 2008
I don't want to buy property as of yet, but I am trying to set up a Business in Dubai. I am having trouble with a few things, but have a meeting with a company to try and get me all the sponsors, trade licenses, and other things I need.

I was hoping in the mean-time I could pay for a visa so I could get an account, rent a property, buy a car, get internet... So forth.

For now I have to pay higher prices to live in a hotel appartment that I don't like.

But either way I am here for good, but want to make things easier than they are and don't want to have to leave every 90 days to get a new stamp on my passport.

I wouldn't mind having a job here, but I don't have a complete college education and only have experience in running my business in the states for 5 years.

Anymore suggestions people have?
harkev
Dubai Forums Member

One more thing Mar 04, 2008
My business... HERE IS MY PICTH... is www.MyDubaiMLS.com We have combined all the property searches into one database with our technology from an American company. We have everything for lease and sale in ALL of Dubai. Well over 30,000 properties are in our database and is updated daily.

Check it out and let me know if any of you are in the Real Estate business in Dubai and would like to try the service out.
harkev
Dubai Forums Member

Re: One more thing Mar 05, 2008
harkev wrote:My business... HERE IS MY PICTH... is www.MyDubaiMLS.com We have combined all the property searches into one database with our technology from an American company. We have everything for lease and sale in ALL of Dubai. Well over 30,000 properties are in our database and is updated daily.

Check it out and let me know if any of you are in the Real Estate business in Dubai and would like to try the service out.

Now your spamming, please contact the Site Administrator for advertising rates.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: One more thing Mar 05, 2008
sage & onion wrote:
harkev wrote:My business... HERE IS MY PICTH... is www.MyDubaiMLS.com We have combined all the property searches into one database with our technology from an American company. We have everything for lease and sale in ALL of Dubai. Well over 30,000 properties are in our database and is updated daily.

Now your spamming, please contact the Site Administrator for advertising rates.

I apologize for the "business pitch." The site administrators are welcome to delete that post as I was unaware it was not appropriate to do so.

Thanks again for everyone's info. I'll be sure to put it to good use.
harkev
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum