Residence Visa

Topic locked
residence visa Jun 15, 2007
Please can you let me know what the medical tests for with regards to the residence visa?

lawyerdub
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Jun 15, 2007
Only if they know. Normally they won't look for it.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 16, 2007
i remember speaking to one of the guys who ran one of the testing facilities a few years back - i seem to remember him telling me they tested for 16 seperate things during the medical blood tests - but definitly can't remember which things were tested for...

i also recall a post about 20 or 24 months back where a person with a similar issue was seeking employment - i can't remeber the outcome of the posting though. normally if the person has some kind of comunicatable disease they would not be allowed to work in any of the service industries (hotels, spa's etc.). i'll see if i can find the other post and post the link.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jun 16, 2007
Out of curiousity can you tell Herpes from a blood test? And even if they find Herpes in blood (if they can!) than how do they identify if it is genital herpes?
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 16, 2007
i found this info...

"Blood tests can detect antibodies that are made by the immune system to fight a herpes infection. Antibody tests are occasionally done but are not as accurate as a viral culture at identifying the cause of a specific sore or ulcer. Antibody tests cannot distinguish between a current, active herpes infection and a past infection. Because antibodies take time to develop after the initial infection, a positive antibody test may not be present if you have recently been infected."
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jun 17, 2007
just an update on this - for anyone who may be interested.

i could find no reference any where that being infected with the herpes virus would result in you being deported.

on the contrary, i did find references to this in the department of health website, where there are guidelines for medical staff who may be infected and how they may interact with patients - this leads me to believe that it is an accepted fact within the uae medical comminity that infected people (even staff members) are working in the uae.

i'd appreciate it if someone with a formal medical background working in the uae could confirm this.

ta
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jun 17, 2007
that's what lawyers get from screwing too many people.
MAC
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 17, 2007
:lol: :lol: :lol:

good one!
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum