Dental Coverage In Dubai?

Topic locked
Dental coverage in Dubai? Dec 13, 2005
Can anyone tell me about dental coverage plans in Dubai? My bf and I are headed to Dubai in February, and, as luck would have it, he needs to get some dental work done. I'm wondering if there are dental coverage plans in Dubai that foreigners can purchase? Any information on the topic would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Lethe
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 13, 2005
To be honest, not many of the insurance companies offer dental coverage here. Whether individual dentists do plans I'm not sure. I know for long term treatments like orthodontics you can pay in instalments. But you'd have to hunt around to find out.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 13, 2005
If I’m not mistaken in one of your other posts you mentioned you are in Canada.

This is the company I use while I’m here http://www.telferinc.com (based in Montréal)

If you are giving up your CDN residency as part of your plan to save on taxes this plan is great ‘cause it’ll cover you back home when you visit and the first 3 months when you move back which the CDN provincial plans won’t cover you for.

I’ve never made a claim with them and to be honest I never shopped around so can’t offer you a price/service comparison but I’m covered for dental as part of my plan.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Thanks! Dec 13, 2005
Thanks Fayz -- I checked out the site and it looks really helpful! Many thanks for the tip. (And yes, I am in Canada -- for another 6 weeks... then Dubai, here I come!)
Lethe
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Thanks! Dec 18, 2005
Lethe wrote:Thanks Fayz -- I checked out the site and it looks really helpful! Many thanks for the tip. (And yes, I am in Canada -- for another 6 weeks... then Dubai, here I come!)

I dunno about dental coverage plans, but I can tell you something, dentists here charge way less than what they would in the Americas! Some of em do really good work as well, for reasonable fees! I can give you more info if required 8)

LLTT
LookingLondonTalkingTokyo
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat