**AIDS,HIV,AIDS,HIV,AIDS**

Topic locked
**AIDS,HIV,AIDS,HIV,AIDS** Nov 02, 2005
Hello everyone, information that could be interesting:

This happened in Paris . A few weeks ago, in a movie theatre, a person sat on something poking that was on one of the seats.

When she got up to see what it was, she found a needle sticking out of the seat with a note attached saying : "You have just been infected by HIV".

The Disease Control Centre (in Paris) reports many similar events in many other cities recently. All tested needles ARE HIV Positive.
the Centre also reports that needles have been found in the cash dispensers at public Banking Machines (ATMs). We ask everyone to use extreme caution when faced with this kind of situation. All public chairs/seats should be inspected with vigilance and caution before use.

A careful visual inspection should be enough. In addition, they ask that each of you pass this message alon g to all members of your family and your friends of the potential danger. Thank you.

The information mentioned above has been sent by the Ville d'Issy Les Moulineaux Municipal Police and to all departments of Ile de France who have transmitted this news to all its' cities. We have been asked to pass this message along to the greatest number of people as possible.

This is very important Just think: you could save a life just by forwarding this message. Please take a few seconds of your time to pass it along

CRAZYTOWN
Dubai Forum Visitor

Nov 02, 2005
buddy could u post in appropriate forum - general forum? Dont be a killjoy in this romantic forum.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 02, 2005
sniper420 wrote:buddy could u post in appropriate forum - general forum? Dont be a killjoy in this romantic forum.

So u usually have your joyness and Romance from here :lol:
iam sorry FOR U
CRAZYTOWN
Dubai Forum Visitor

Dec 05, 2005
lol, this is a hoax that started in Jordan...didn't know it travelled as far as Paris...actually first it began in 1994 in Jordan after the peace treaty with Israel the Muslim brotherhood started saying they put needles and all that crap to infect the Jordanians with HIV so they'd get the public up against the peace treaty...now its in Paris I wonder who started it there and most importantly why?umm
lone_wolf
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 06, 2005
Interesting to see that World Aids Day went by on the 1st December and absolutely nothing was done in the UAE! Just go to show that this country still likes to bury it's head in the sand and keep people uninformed on issues like this, and even though the UAE has a large infected population.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 06, 2005
Does the UAE have a large infected population? I thought that a positive test means you are reported and expelled from the country. I suppose that people who aren't tested before entering the country could just go without treatment in the UAE to get around it, but then they'd get quite sick. Are there any stats anywhere about this?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Dec 06, 2005
Chocoholic wrote:Interesting to see that World Aids Day went by on the 1st December and absolutely nothing was done in the UAE! Just go to show that this country still likes to bury it's head in the sand and keep people uninformed on issues like this, and even though the UAE has a large infected population.

That's cause AIDS is not an issue in a place so perfect as Dubai. Everyone is fit and healthy here!
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 06, 2005
Well they can't exactly deport infected locals now can they!!!!! Yes there is a pretty large number of locals who're HIV positive. Someone gave me a percentage which is really quite frightening, but I won't share it. But hey that's what happens when you allow large numbers of hookers to come in untested on visit visas and then just disappear again!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 06, 2005
Then of course the wives pay the price too when their husbands stray with hookers. I certainly hope they can get adequate treatment here though.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Dec 06, 2005
Yeah...thats real scary man...i was wondering too...its a great idea to test people for work(though very discriminating according to a lot of nations' human rights policies)...but there is such a "HUGE" hole in the policy...all the visiting "working women"...who come and go...that poses the biggest risk...and nobody recognises that as yet...education and i say it again Education is the only way to prevent HIV...though i did see some gulf news articles recently on AIDS awareness...choc you have me intrugued about the statistics...hmmm
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Dec 06, 2005
so here is another way of practicing safe se* in the UAE .. right after foreplay but before starting to have se* ask for the persons residence visa ..

hahahahaha i would love to see the other persons face expression then ..
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 06, 2005
Well I read in a magazine today that the World Health Organisation says their are less than 1000 infected people in the UAE, but of course the government won't release any actual figures - wonder why? Which obviously makes it much higher.

A national friend of mine told me the figure was over 50%! And trust me he'd know.

Have you seen the awareness adverts on MTV? I think the one with all the animals at a conference chanting 'Save the Humans!' is genius.

You know there are over 40 million infected people worldwide, in 2004 million people alone became HIV positive.

But also an amazing thing happened recently, a man in the UK who had been diagnosed positive, suddenly after a year with the disease became HIV free, his body apparently cured itself. Doctors are dumbfounded, they repeated the test over and over and each time it came back negative. So there is hope.

There's still loads of theories and questions but if you want to read about it there's concise info at this site: http://www.avert.org/stimpson.htm
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 06, 2005
Come on chocoholic, you do really believe that 50% of nationals here have HIV? That figure seems much too high.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Dec 06, 2005
I don't know whether to believe that or not, but that came from a national friend of mine, I never said it was true I just said it's what I'd been told. But the fact that the people in authority refuse to release actual statistics to the woirld health organisation is worrying as it makes it look like they've something to hide. Every other country gives theirs.

Plus with the severe lack of se* education and knowledge of these things and prostitution etc who knows.

How many nationals are there in the UAE?

Don't shoot the messenger.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 06, 2005
No, I wasn't shooting. I was just asking if you believed that stat. :)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Dec 07, 2005
choc...i don't think the man "cured" himself of hiv...there have been well documented incidents of false positives...becoz the tests now a days are extra sensitive...i was readying in another magazine about this particular case in details...as much as i would wish this was true... :cry: for the millions of unfortunate positives!....
constantine

Dec 07, 2005
I know what you're saying, but you have to hang on and hope that there is something in it for all those sufferers out there. Any glimmer of hope is better than none.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 07, 2005
yeah i know...i really would be the first one to go and yell out loud"wooohooo"...and really wish this turns out to be a true incident...the only thing that keeps us living is hope!...anyways i shouldnt be too cynical period!>.. :?
constantine

Dec 08, 2005
MaaaD wrote:so here is another way of practicing safe se* in the UAE .. right after foreplay but before starting to have se* ask for the persons residence visa ..

hahahahaha i would love to see the other persons face expression then ..

that's hilarious!!!
Mayflower
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Dec 27, 2005
well i think its fake...........coz i got the same email once months ago stating it was happening in india in one of the cinemas forgot the name and 1 got 1 more email saying happening in dubai in cinestar cinemas.........i think its fake........its justs an act to boycott the particular cinemas :d
aduberdu
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 18, 2009
do y ou know how many liters of saliva is need to transfer the hiv.
shorn77777
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 18, 2009
can you please stop dragging up threads which are 4 years old!!!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 20, 2009
i also heard this but dont know whether it is true or not?
osp_ishamayrub
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance