Europe Plans To Track All Emails And Phone Calls

Topic locked
Europe plans to track all emails and phone calls Dec 05, 2005
http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/europe ... 48723.html

Sydney Morning Herald | December 4 2005

EUROPEAN ministers have agreed on plans that will force telecommunications companies to retain phone and email logs for at least six months, to help investigations into terrorism and other serious crimes.

"It is an essential tool for law enforcement," said British Home Secretary Charles Clarke, who chaired the ministers' meeting.

He said the plans allowed governments to decide how long telecoms companies in their nations should retain the data, as long as it was between six and 24 months.

"We have agreed to a system which gives flexibility to member states who want to go further," he said.

Ministers also agreed to a review procedure that could increase the amount of material collected.

Mr Clarke said terrorist groups, drug dealers and people-trafficking gangs would be targeted.

"If you can discover what the network is, who they communicate with, how they operate, you can begin to make the connections - and that can make a very big difference," he explained. He said he was optimistic the European Parliament would adopt the bill this month - meaning it could come into force next year.

Ireland and Italy led opposition to the plan. They argued setting up new EU legislation would contradict national laws that already go further.

The communications-tracking plan is among a number of priority measures EU governments are pushing through in the wake of the July attacks on London that killed 56 people, including four suicide bombers.

It will allow investigators to view logs of phone calls and email messages, but will not allow them to view content of the messages.

Mr Clarke said the agreement left it up to national authorities to decide whether telecoms companies should foot the bill for keeping such data, or be reimbursed by governments.

Ireland warned it would take the EU to court if it moved ahead with the proposal as it stood.

Civil rights groups and many EU politicians warn the plan could violate personal freedoms and privacy rules under EU law.

--------------------------------------

Now I wonder what big brother has planned for us next! I think we should start shaving our heads and buying those cute lil' orange jump suits..welcome to 1984

lone_wolf
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 05, 2005
buddy one advice - U r tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Lonely - that's the reason u r Paranoid.

Get a she-wolf :D
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 05, 2005
I'm not lonely in my opinions, besides just because I use a nickname which is a name of a song by the way, does not imply who I am, it seems that you are so sucked into the internet that you have problems distinguishing between whats real and whats not but anyway this is too trollish for me to even bother with....now about being paranoid, do you know about the Project for a New American Centurty? or Operation Northwoods? please just google it and see what is written about those two documents if you need the websites and too lazy to google it I'll give it to you

www.newamericancentury.org

www.pnac.info/

www.whatreallyhappened.com/northwoods.html

As for the Operation Northwoods, this was a plan written by Pentagon brass to blow up targets with US citizens as a pretext to invade Cuba and that is one of the reasons why Kennedy was killed because he was against it.
lone_wolf
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 05, 2005
wow! never knew that!
and now they just carry on using excuses to invade the rest of the world too,
how sad :cry:
shaakira
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 06, 2005
lone_wolf wrote:I'm not lonely in my opinions, besides just because I use a nickname which is a name of a song by the way, does not imply who I am, it seems that you are so sucked into the internet that you have problems distinguishing between whats real and whats not but anyway this is too trollish for me to even bother with....now about being paranoid, do you know about the Project for a New American Centurty? or Operation Northwoods? please just google it and see what is written about those two documents if you need the websites and too lazy to google it I'll give it to you

www.newamericancentury.org

www.pnac.info/

www.whatreallyhappened.com/northwoods.html

As for the Operation Northwoods, this was a plan written by Pentagon brass to blow up targets with US citizens as a pretext to invade Cuba and that is one of the reasons why Kennedy was killed because he was against it.

see i will tell u onething "to get something u have to sacrifice something" it's gospel truth seen in all empires in history . Troops dying for their motherland. slaughter of another land's ppl seen as victory. it's been there for ages and will be there cos as long as we are human beings , war , conspiracy and scandals will be there.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 06, 2005
That doesn't mean we should accept hitler's dream to become a reality..We are not bad by nature, or else we would have whipped each other out in the stone age. Wars are created by power hungry madmen and that is why we shouldn't stand by and watch them as they achieve their goals
lone_wolf
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 06, 2005
lone_wolf wrote:it seems that you are so sucked into the internet that you have problems distinguishing between whats real and whats not

Pot, kettle, black. Where are you quoting your 'research' material from?
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 06, 2005
Books, Mainstream news, documentries and alternative media....thats where I get my daily dosage. I also provide a link with everything so if you look ahrd enough at the thing that says www.something.com thats the source if you click it you go to a website that shows it you
lone_wolf
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 06, 2005
Perhaps I gave you too much credit on the comprehension scale. Maybe you can look up the word 'sarcasm'.

Point was: rather contradictory accusing someone of being lost in the www when you have done nothing but cited references from cyberspace - your final frontier.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 06, 2005
You asked me about where I get my research from and I told you where I get it from....about being sarcastic, its because I've already provided the link so you were asking a rhetorical question..that is why my answer was sarcastic
lone_wolf
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 06, 2005
XRW-147 wrote:Pot, kettle, black. Where are you quoting your 'research' material from?

Ok, I see you may be below par with your grasp of the english language so let me just say that the above was a sarcastic remark directed at yourself. If I asked you something rhetorically there would not be an answer to it.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums